Smell the cards

Indigo Rose

Hey, I swear that my Housewive's Tarot smells like an old kitchen cookbook, soaked with the smell of spices and grease....my family thinks I'm crazy :bugeyed:...but it is quite real to me.

Saturn's Winter

I really like the way new decks smell. It makes me think that they are "fresh" right out of the oven!

jerzy

Opened my deck of the Robin Wood tarot and got the same punget hit that I got from my Morgan-Greer Deck. wouldn't mind so much if they smelled of solvent ;)

Disa

I keep scented votives, incense, and a few essential oils in the chest where I store all my magical goodies. My cards, their bags, the books, and the spread cloths all end up smelling a bit like scents of the things I store them with.

mabthescorpio

This didn't happen with my Morgan-Greer, but my Thoth and Tarot of a Moon Garden decks smelled AWFUL! I fanned them out on a flat surface and let them air out for a few days and they were fine. Opening a window near where they're sitting might help too. LOL, I swear my Vargo Gothic deck smells like that gothy Halloween paint you get at costume shops and sounds like bat wings when you shuffle it, but that second part might just be my imagination. :p ;)

selkie

It is the same as when you first open a book. They all have differnt smells. It depends on the cardstock, the inks used, & where the product or supplies were stored.

By the way, what do those decks smell like??? Should I hold my nose?

gregory

And - the cards are really lovely, and it is nice to have a usable copy – but I just got a new deck and .......

The small sized Lunatic is quite the most FOUL smelling deck I have ever opened. It is spending the night in a small space with the smelliest things I can think of, to purge it. Even as we speak, it is sitting in a cloud of incense smoke ! YUK :p Has no-one else noticed this : Have I the only copy with BO ?? I haven’t seen a post about this…..

I can't describe the smell - but I do know I don't like it

AngelC

Oh yes, mine smelled too.
I've kept it out in the open and it's not all that bad now but I'm going to keep it like that for a while. No bag and no basket until the smell is all gone :p

TenOfSwords

Oh no. Now I just had to check what they (Lunatic deck) smelled like and even for a heavy smoker, they smell really awfull. lol

gregory

Oh good. It isn't just personal to me and the Lunatic artist hates me, then. :D Mine are now breathing in some perfume I rather like. I got that desperate - the incense had no effect at all. Except on the cat, who is looking at me evilly.