Soul Cards Reading Project #1

contrascarpe

OK Soul Cards fans, here we go. I hope this is enjoyable and educational enough for everyone that we can make this a fairly regular thing. Your feedback is always appreciated.

For those who haven't followed the main thread - the intent is to allow owners (and non-owners) of the beautiful Soul Card decks the opportunity to do a reading with either or both of the SC decks available. I have yet to do a Soul Card reading as these are strictly intuitive decks and I thought it would be good practice as well as fun to compare the different viewpoints and styles of readers.

There are no rules (this is not a competition) but for your enjoyment's sake, try not to read any posts below this one until you have posted your reading.

I pulled the cards and initially I am going to give you a link to the SC website and tell you the numbered card which fell into the slot on the spread. I hope to have a digital picture posted here by tonight showing the cards in the actual spread format (I apologize for not doing this now, but I my digital camera is home, and I am in my main office today). Please bear in mind when you look at the website that the number I indicate below corresponds to the card pictured above that number on the SC website - if you click on the number itself, it brings up a larger image which should help those who do not own the deck. (EDIT - the second post has the picture attached. The quality is poor, but it gives a good idea of what the spread ended up looking like. I have added a link next to each card below to make it more convenient to view the blowup of that particular card.)

Here we go:

Guidelines -

1) We used only Soul Cards II for this reading. The web address is http://www.touchdrawing.com/3SoulCards/SC2/SC2gal.htm
2) The question is (thanks to Purple_Scorp) - " What do I need to let go of in order to move on?"
3) The spread we are using (big thanks to joya):

1. This is the way I am
2. This is what I would like
3. This is what I must change / what do I have to change?
4. These are the consequences / outcome

4) The cards chosen:

1. Card #87 - http://www.touchdrawing.com/3SoulCards/SC2/pages/ 87.htm

2. Card #82 - http://www.touchdrawing.com/3SoulCards/SC2/pages/ 82.htm

3. Card #75 - http://www.touchdrawing.com/3SoulCards/SC2/pages/ 75.htm

4. Card #67 - http://www.touchdrawing.com/3SoulCards/SC2/pages/ 67.htm

(EDIT - one change above - I forgot that the number 3 card was at the bottom of the spread and the #4 at the top. I renumbered them above - hope it didn't affect anyone!)

Have fun everyone!

Dan

contrascarpe

I couldn't add the picture in the first post but I have it here. I apologize for the quality - I cropped off a little of top of card #3, but the essence of the spread layout should be captured here. I would still hit the official link and pull up each card (assuming you don't have the cards themselves).

Dan

Attachments

• soulcards1.jpg
    soulcards1.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 83

contrascarpe

Well I will start this off.

If you are going to do the reading, try and resist the temptation of reading anything past this until you post your reading.

1. This is the way I am - this figure seems in perpetual motion, surrounded by a layer of a burning color followed by a cooler color. The figure also seems to be entwined by some type of rope or string. I get the feeling that you are a very energetic person but somehow feel stifled at the moment. It seems to me you are fleeing something or someone that is making you tense and not allowing you to slow down and take a breather.

2. This is what I would like - interesting painting. At first I noticed this person who seems to be masked and is holding a serpent's head. When I held the card up, I also noticed a larger serpent's head apparently devouring the person in the picture. I sense that you are under the wing of a very controlling person and what you really want is to have just a little control yourself - maybe just to have your voice heard from time to time.

3. This is what I must change / what do I have to change? - A person in a boat seems to be wiping his hands clean while a woman drowns under the boat. You are running into some resistance about being heard. You need to forget trying to break through to this person and seek guidance from someone you trust. Right now you just need to be heard by somebody - make sure it is someone who is willing to listen, or it will not make you feel any better at all.

4. These are the consequences / outcome - This person is resting under a tree with some sort of animal paying attention to him/her. It appears to be a windy day. I sense that once you get whatever is bothering you off your chest (to the person indicated in the third card) you will feel alot better about yourself. So much so that even though there is chaos around you, you will be content.

Wow, I really like these cards! Can't wait to see more replies - for those of you not participating this time, the next project will use Soul Cards 1.

Dan

Melvis

Here's my take! I am addressing this as if to Purple_Scorp, I hope that's right.

1. This is the way I am

I don't know how the artist did it, but somehow she captured in this card exactly what it feels like when I have that dream that I'm trying to run but I don't make any progress, and I'm getting nowhere fast! How did she do that? Anyway, my impression is that you are trying to escape from a part of you, trying to leave your 'shadow' self behind. Right from the get-go, this is tough, because your shadow is a part of you that is not to be escaped from.

You see yourself emerging from the 'shadow' as a stronger, more focused person. Perhaps it's some basic insecurities you are trying to escape? Because the little black squiggles of doubt that surround the person in the first card have given way to bright, flame-edged light in this card. It's a brightening and a focusing of energy that you're looking for.

This the key card/question, as it closely resembles your original question. This card took me a while to get into, but Jung's terms animus and anima eventually came to mind. This is like the two sides of one's self, the male and female within us that we must each learn to balance. In this card, it appears that one side of you has been left to fall below the surface (perhaps hoping that it will remain hidden) and in it's neglect it has grown to unmanageable proportions. Now it is ready to 'swamp' the side that was left 'above the surface', overturning your life. The shadow needs to be acknowledged, brought to the surface, and allowed to remain on equal footing the the side of you that always sees the light.

(This one might sound a bit abstract, but not knowing what this shadow or neglected side of you refers to means I have to keep it generic.)

Rooted! That's the word that leapt to mind when I saw this card! And look at the serenity on that face...peace will be found at last! The light part of the picture directly above the darkened figure reminded me of the Yin/Yang symbol -- both sides equally balanced, both sides represented fully, allowed expression. The character here is inwardly rooted, but also grows up and out for the world to see. There's a bit of a spiral look to this card, which indicates the idea that this is not something you can get over (or escape) once in your lifetime...it's an area of your life that you must revisit over and over again as you journey up the spiral of your life.

Overall, I get the sense of a very personal, inward struggle going on. But it is a struggle that, once overcome, will give you strength for a lifetime.

OK...now to see what everyone else came up with!

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

contrascarpe

Melvis -

Bravo!!! Nice take on the cards. I like your flow alot better than mine. Isn't it funny how a reading can gain its direction on how the first card is interpreted?

Question - have you used these cards before? I love them, but had doubts to myself whether I could ever read with them. I really felt connected though right off the back.

Great job - I loved how you described the cards.

Dan

purple_scorp

Hi Contrascarpe96 and Melvis.

Thanks for your interpretations. I don't have the cards myself, but given that it was my question, thought I'd have a go at reading them anyway.

I'm not sure whether it's a good idea to post my reading now (because I know myself inside and out and therefore have an advantage over everybody else), or wait until the others have posted theirs, though, the instructions do say to read the posts only after you have done your own reading first. So here goes:

This is the way I am

I fell out of the sky and landed on the pavement. It was a hot day and I lay amongst the haze. Or is that water and the sand, as I lay on the waters edge’? I am calm and still, but that is not necessarily a good thing. I’ve been laying in the one position for so long, I’ve become a part of that pavement. Only, the cracks in me show how long I been stuck in that same place. I’m not afraid to expose myself and I’m reaching out a hand, in hope that I may drag myself to a higher plane. But I am tired, as I wipe the sweat from exhaustion from my brow. Now, I have faded to the background, to a place of insignificance. And here I lay, not knowing how to move.

This is what I would like

I first viewed this card in its smallest form in the spread and the object in her hand was not clear, until I clicked on the link to go to the full picture. So, I thought the woman was holding a candle that kind of fitted in with the light that lay around her. Now that I take a closer look, that object is quite felic. Does this mean that I want to rip someone’s goodies from their nether region? I don’t know about that, I think I will stick to my first impression of the card, which is one of enlightenment.

This is what I must change

Am I the one in the boat, or the one under the sea? The woman under the water has a swollen belly that indicates motherhood. I am a mother so I tend to think of myself as the one under the sea, trying to rock the boat, as it would seem. So who is the person in the boat then? Somebody who is clapping their hands and expecting things to go their way. Is that a heart, near the boat rider’s head? And what is that steam that is rising from their head…is it anger? So how can there be anger and love? If I am under the sea, it seems that I actually have a lot more control than I believe. For at any moment, I could upturn that little boat and wash the rider away, to be never seen or heard from again.

What are the consequences/outcome?

Solitude, peace, inner calm. At one with nature. I’m now grounded at the base of a tree that blows in a whirlwind. But I am not caught up in it’s havoc, I sit calmly waiting for the storm to pass.

Summary
In summary, if I reach that inner calm, that will bring me to the enlightenment that I so desired in the second card.

But I am still not really clear on how I get to that point.

Contrascarpe96, I guess I should wait now until some others have posted before providing feedback on the readings?

Many thanks

purple_scorp

contrascarpe

purple_scorp said:
Contrascarpe96, I guess I should wait now until some others have posted before providing feedback on the readings?

purple -

Nope, post away! This is a group reading project and interaction is strongly encouraged. As mentioned before, the intent is to gain experience while at the same time seeing the different styles and interpretations.

Thanks!
Dan

purple_scorp

Hi Dan,

I find myself in an interesting predicament with these readings. My life is just about to go on show. Keep in mind that I am a secretive scorp that doesn't usually reveal much of herself to anyone.

Your advice is that I am stressed by someone and need to voice this; and that I need to be heard by someone compassionate (my words, not yours).

The someone who is stressing me is my ex-husband. A fortnight ago, I performed a ritual to help me break the pattern of talking negatively about him, as I believed it consumed too much of my energy. And, I felt that I was overburdening my family and friends by dumping on them.

It is interesting that your advice is contradictory to what I've just tried to put in place. For the purpose of providing meaningful feedback, I will have to drop my new vow, momentarily, and assume characteristics of my ascending sign to reveal a little, otherwise you might think that your reading does not make sense. When in actual fact, it is quite accurate.

contrascarpe96 said:
Well I will start this off.

If you are going to do the reading, try and resist the temptation of reading anything past this until you post your reading.

1. This is the way I am - this figure seems in perpetual motion, surrounded by a layer of a burning color followed by a cooler color. The figure also seems to be entwined by some type of rope or string. I get the feeling that you are a very energetic person but somehow feel stifled at the moment. It seems to me you are fleeing something or someone that is making you tense and not allowing you to slow down and take a breather.

Perpetual motion is right. I am on the go all of the time. I am a single parent and I work full-time. I have a truckload of energy and I am an extremely organised person. It's how I survive, as I live too far for family support (though I do have some supportive friends).

When I don't have my children (every second week-end) most of my time is spent catching up on household chores and maintenance. I don't get much time for me. The time that I do get is spent on my spiritual work. It is interesting to note, that this year I am in the year of the hermit.

Rope or string is an interesting perception. A friend commented last night that I was still corded to my ex-husband. We both live in the same country town (population of about 300 people). Unfortunately, I have to see him almost every day, because my children go to his house after school, as the town is too small to run an after school program. I feel stifled by having to see him as often as I do and in November last year, he told me that he wasn't quite over me (I was the one that broke off the marriage - we have been separated for three years). I have tried rituals, meditation and visualisation to try and sever this cord. My friend, last night, sent me home with instructions to call Archangel Michael for assistance.

So yes, I am trying to flee someone....him.

2. This is what I would like - interesting painting. At first I noticed this person who seems to be masked and is holding a serpent's head. When I held the card up, I also noticed a larger serpent's head apparently devouring the person in the picture. I sense that you are under the wing of a very controlling person and what you really want is to have just a little control yourself - maybe just to have your voice heard from time to time.

I don't think my ex is controlling, though, I used the same term in my own reading (and I was referring to him). Not so much that he controls me, but more that I don't have control of my children, when they are in his care. There have in the past, been occasions of poor care that warrant my concern. I concede that I am a martyr. I deliberately chose this path, as I believed it was the best option for my children.

3. This is what I must change / what do I have to change? - A person in a boat seems to be wiping his hands clean while a woman drowns under the boat. You are running into some resistance about being heard. You need to forget trying to break through to this person and seek guidance from someone you trust. Right now you just need to be heard by somebody - make sure it is someone who is willing to listen, or it will not make you feel any better at all.

Dan, you've hit the nail right on the head. Man wiping hands while the woman drowns [brief pause to recollect]. I believe that I am burdened with the entire responsibility for our children. (And, I don't mean that my children are a burden, I love them very much). I am talking about financial and emotional responsibililty. It was the same when we were together. He was, and still is, an emotional and financial vampire and he tries to suck all of my energy out of me. I often surround myself in white light, on the drive to his home, to stop him from depleting my energy.

After my first child was born, I was working part time and I loved that. It was a good balance. But around the time of the birth of my second child (son), my ex lost his job and I was forced back into full-time employment. My son is now 5 1/2 and my ex still does not have a job. I pay for childcare and school fees, medical costs, and provide the children's clothing and shoes. He recently asked me to provide after school snacks for the children when they are at his house. I was furious that he could not even give them a sandwich or a piece of fruit. I have the children 70% of the time, but I have to pay my ex child support because he does not have an income. I am on a really modest salary and I begrudge that he won't get off his backside and get a life of his own.

4. These are the consequences / outcome - This person is resting under a tree with some sort of animal paying attention to him/her. It appears to be a windy day. I sense that once you get whatever is bothering you off your chest (to the person indicated in the third card) you will feel alot better about yourself. So much so that even though there is chaos around you, you will be content.

Perhaps I should get myself an animal, so I can talk to that??? LOL. The word analyse is in my name and I am a very deep thinker. As a scorp, I'm not content to sweep things under the carpet. I push and probe until I get to the bottom of things. There may be some issues that I haven't quite dealt with but I think they are all in my conscious. No deep dark hidden secrets there.

I actually feel pretty good about myself just the way I am. Since the separation I have turned my life around. We were in a fair bit of debt and now I am back on top of things. When we separated, a lot of people said I should move away from this town but I am currently renovating my house and feel really comfortable and safe here, and I have a good job and some great friends.

During our separation, I have been bombarded by a plethora of communication (emails, phone calls, visits etc) from my ex and I know that we will still have a tie because he is the father of my children. However, I really just want to break away, all together.

He continues to do things that really bother me and I feel that I am stuck, stuck, stuck. I feel that I am treading water. Hence my question, what do I need to let go of, in order to move on.

Wow, I really like these cards! Can't wait to see more replies - for those of you not participating this time, the next project will use Soul Cards 1.

Dan

I really enjoyed these cards too. I think I'm much better with Oracle cards than I am with tarot.

As a final note, I would like to say that I am a very guarded person, and don't let many people into my inner circle. But I don't have a problem talking about my issues, to the people I trust. Perhaps Aeclectic is the compassionate someone who needs to hear my voice.

Thanks Dan, for the reading.

Cheers
purple_scorp

P.S. Wow, that took me absolutely ages to compose.

purple_scorp

Hi Melvis,
thanks for your reading.

Melvis said:
Here's my take! I am addressing this as if to Purple_Scorp, I hope that's right.

1. This is the way I am

I don't know how the artist did it, but somehow she captured in this card exactly what it feels like when I have that dream that I'm trying to run but I don't make any progress, and I'm getting nowhere fast! How did she do that? Anyway, my impression is that you are trying to escape from a part of you, trying to leave your 'shadow' self behind. Right from the get-go, this is tough, because your shadow is a part of you that is not to be escaped from.

Well spotted, Melvis. Though, I liken the feeling to treading water. Not trying to escape from myself, it is an ex-husband (see my feedback to Dan's reading).

You see yourself emerging from the 'shadow' as a stronger, more focused person. Perhaps it's some basic insecurities you are trying to escape? Because the little black squiggles of doubt that surround the person in the first card have given way to bright, flame-edged light in this card. It's a brightening and a focusing of energy that you're looking for.

Yes, that's what I saw in that card too, enlightenment.

This the key card/question, as it closely resembles your original question. This card took me a while to get into, but Jung's terms animus and anima eventually came to mind. This is like the two sides of one's self, the male and female within us that we must each learn to balance. In this card, it appears that one side of you has been left to fall below the surface (perhaps hoping that it will remain hidden) and in it's neglect it has grown to unmanageable proportions. Now it is ready to 'swamp' the side that was left 'above the surface', overturning your life. The shadow needs to be acknowledged, brought to the surface, and allowed to remain on equal footing the the side of you that always sees the light.

(This one might sound a bit abstract, but not knowing what this shadow or neglected side of you refers to means I have to keep it generic.)

I don't know what the shadow or neglected side of me is either. Perhaps it is that I always put myself last? It's interesting because Firemaiden just did a reading for me where she said that I needed to integrate my shadow side; and Indigo Rose did a reading for me that indicated my soul purpose was balance.

Rooted! That's the word that leapt to mind when I saw this card! And look at the serenity on that face...peace will be found at last! The light part of the picture directly above the darkened figure reminded me of the Yin/Yang symbol -- both sides equally balanced, both sides represented fully, allowed expression. The character here is inwardly rooted, but also grows up and out for the world to see. There's a bit of a spiral look to this card, which indicates the idea that this is not something you can get over (or escape) once in your lifetime...it's an area of your life that you must revisit over and over again as you journey up the spiral of your life.

Rooted, is very similar to how I interpreted that card, grounded. You've said serenity and peace and I said inner calm. I didn't notice the yin yang connection, that fits in with my "soul purple" (oops, freudian slip, meant to type purpose).

The spiral part doesn't please me....does that mean that I won't learn the lesson and therefore have to repeat it over and over till I do?

Overall, I get the sense of a very personal, inward struggle going on. But it is a struggle that, once overcome, will give you strength for a lifetime.

OK...now to see what everyone else came up with!

Peace,

Melvis

Melvis, I don't see myself as having a personal inward struggle. But perhaps that's just a part of myself that I refuse to accept??? Yin Yang, balance, my ascending sign is Libra. Isn't it interesting how differently we see ourselves to the way that other people see us?

Thanks for your reading, Melvis.

Cheers

purple_scorp

Melvis

Wow, this is interesting!

As I looked at the cards, they all seemed very inwardly focused, to me. And you're right, Dan, in that the interpretation of the first card seems to set the tone for the rest.

After hearing more of your story, Purple_Scorp, I'm thinking that the 'shadow' in my interpretation might be the lingering feelings of injustice you have towards your husband and his part in the raising of your children. Just a thought...

I commend you for being so open about this, Purple_Scorp. I can only imagine how difficult it must be for you. It sounds like you're doing your best to move forward, though, and I commend you for that, too! Best of luck!

Peace,

Melvis