Soul Radiance Tarot - again! :)

CreativeFire

hi spunch - I have just been looking through your cards and firstly I do like your choice of name for the deck - as the cards do eminate a radiance of their own from the images.

I particularly liked your Fool card with the mass of swirling butterflies and the colours are wonderful. Also your Justice was a very interesting take and effective :)

I have to be honest, but I did not quite 'get' the Death card image, even though the image is beautifully done and very dramatic looking. I would be interested to know your thoughts behind creating this image to help me understand where you were coming from with this one.

The images of the Star and Moon cards are definitely my favourites so far. :)

I am really looking forward to seeing more of your cards as you progress - beautiful work!

CreativeFire

spunch

CreativeFire said:
I have to be honest, but I did not quite 'get' the Death card image, even though the image is beautifully done and very dramatic looking. I would be interested to know your thoughts behind creating this image to help me understand where you were coming from with this one.
CreativeFire

Hi there! Thnx for your feedback. Glad you like the cards. As for your question about Death card image, I will quote one of my previous posts that is now in the archive ( http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=12886&page=7&pp=10 ):

"The Death is calm. This is the stage of your final performance. Or maybe, it could be a beginning of your new acting tour. It's hard to say whether this card is the beginning or the end. Or maybe it is both. You have to end something at one point in your life in order to outgrow yourself. The scene is serene, like the one in the morgue. It's calm. Peaceful. No energy, no music, no people, just the drapes and some flowers. This is the place to ponder over the next step in your life. You died. Your old beliefs died. You, the way you existed, are no longer that person. And this, for me, is extremely good card. How can I build something new on the old grounds of ruin? How can I put myself into the situation to finally look up, where the star is? Everything has to come down. I (The Fool, the querent, whoever) need a place to think. To rest, to calm down. I have to digest all the information I collected so far, make a selection, change my clothes, my skin, deduce relevant from irrelevant so I can go further."

Hope this makes sense! :)

rabble

when I saw your death card, what came to mind for me was My Way -

And now, the end is near;
And so I face the final curtain.
My friend, I’ll say it clear,
I’ll state my case, of which I’m certain.

I’ve lived a life that’s full.
I’ve traveled each and ev’ry highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.....

Oh - I really liked this card, by the way :)

CreativeFire

spunch said:
"The Death is calm. This is the stage of your final performance. Or maybe, it could be a beginning of your new acting tour. It's hard to say whether this card is the beginning or the end. Or maybe it is both. You have to end something at one point in your life in order to outgrow yourself. The scene is serene, like the one in the morgue. It's calm. Peaceful. No energy, no music, no people, just the drapes and some flowers. This is the place to ponder over the next step in your life. You died. Your old beliefs died. You, the way you existed, are no longer that person. And this, for me, is extremely good card. How can I build something new on the old grounds of ruin? How can I put myself into the situation to finally look up, where the star is? Everything has to come down. I (The Fool, the querent, whoever) need a place to think. To rest, to calm down. I have to digest all the information I collected so far, make a selection, change my clothes, my skin, deduce relevant from irrelevant so I can go further."

Hope this makes sense! :)

Yes it definitely makes sense, spunch - thankyou for posting the your inspiration/thoughts for this image. :)

CreativeFire

Astraea

It's glorious, Spunch. What a sensitivity you have to the inner side of imagery. And your newest works shows a confidence in your own inner vision that makes the cards even more effective and revelatory. Just lovely.

spunch

Astraea said:
It's glorious, Spunch. What a sensitivity you have to the inner side of imagery. And your newest works shows a confidence in your own inner vision that makes the cards even more effective and revelatory. Just lovely.

Thank you very very much. I am glad you like the image.

Astraea

I really like the way you are letting the principles speak for themselves, archetypally, without human representation. This card is very effective.

spunch

Thnx so much for responding! I am glad you like my representations of the cards. To create a deck without human figures was my aim from the start. The Majors are easy, although they are probably not done to everybody's liking. But when I start to think how on earth am I going to make and present the courts archetypally, I immediatelly start to sweat. I think I will do them last. :)

Astraea said:
I really like the way you are letting the principles speak for themselves, archetypally, without human representation. This card is very effective.