Soul Radiance Tarot - again! :)

spunch

Twos are up!

Well, I've decided to change the traditional names of the minors. In my deck they are now called:

Birds (corespond to the suit of Wands)
Ships (correspond to the suit of Pentacles)
Butterflies (correspond to the suit of Swords)
Flowers (correspond to the suit of Cups)

I know there is lot to talk about why I did this, but let's just say that I can better express my ideas this way. (Astraea, thnx for helping me decide on this! :))

So here is the link for the twos:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/14125196/

Also, I've changed Aces a bit. Gave them more depth and colour. You can se them as a wallpaper at:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/14118089/
(you are free to download the wallpaper if you like it!)

Hope you like the images! :)

(still don't know what to do with The Chariot :( This is the toughest one ever!)

Astraea

They're exquisite, Spunch -- all of them. Just the right amount of detail to complement the Majors. Enchanting.

As for the Chariot, let it percolate awhile -- I have no doubt that the perfect image will come to you in its own time.

noby

I really like the new images! But I keep instinctively wanting to look at the Ships suit as representing the element Water, and Flowers as Earth. When I see images of ships, I think of the imagination, of being moved, of being emotional. When I see flowers, I think of something rooted in and growing out of the earth, something in sync with nature's rhythms.

Rosanne

I feel very privileged to be witnessing your creation and have loved the images. I have no issues with the names of your suits, but I agree with noby.
I do see ships as the element of water and flowers as Earth. Your cards bring to mind a Gerald Manly Hopkins poem 'Pied Beauty' Although the words are about praising God, if you take away the first and last lines the poem describes your cards. Beautiful!! Regards Rosanne

spunch

Ships as Coins and Flowers as Cups :)

To noby and Roseanne:

First of all, thank you for your great comments. I really appreciate the time you took to write your posts - they mean a lot to me. As for the ships being Pentacles/Earth and Flowers being Cups/Water, since my way of expressing my thoughts is not so fine in English, I will now quote my dear friend Astraea (Astraea, I really do hope you won't mind, because what I felt about the Aces, you put so wonderfully into meaningful sentences):

"Now, about the Aces -- I quite agree with you that ships signify water, but only on the surface of association; beneath that (and above all, your beautiful cards are about depth, and moving inward from the surface to the deep -- into the belly of the ship, and the heart of the water) is EARTH. Trading, moving energy in practical ways, through the medium of water whose movement and support is a function of terra firma. Also, I agree that flowers make sense as a Cup entity. As you say, we maintain them through water. Human beings associate flowers with emotion and relationship of all kinds -- its birth, celebration at special moments, and loss -- emotion is the "juice" of relationship, so flowers as Cups makes perfect sense."

And this is how I feel about the Aces. :) The cards are really about looking beneath, beyond or in, rather than staying on the surface!

Love,
spunch

Astraea

spunch said:
Astraea, I really do hope you won't mind
No, Spunch, not at all -- in fact, I almost posted something about the elemental associations when I logged on earlier today, but decided that it would be presumptuous for me to seem to speak for you on your own thread.

spunch

Astraea said:
...it would be presumptuous for me to seem to speak for you on your own thread.

Whenever you feel like you want to say something about Soul Radiance Tarot, you are free to do so. This is not my tarot. I am just making it. :) And, as for the thread, well, that's why it is here - to talk about things!
Love
spunch

Astraea

Spunch, you are a gracious steward of the tarot wisdom. I understand what you are saying about the cards coming through you, instead of belonging to you -- and I value the way in which you invite participation in this thread.

Astraea

These cards really speak to me. I love them.