Spirit Guide Group: Dreams

Sophie-David

Hi Sue

You must always be the final arbiter of meaning in your own dreams, so if I seem completely out to lunch, I probably am.:)

I do connect to the basic psychological interpretation in this one. The ability to lucid dream, and to fly at will within your dreams shows a high degree of psychic development and power (Keanu's pretty good at flying in the Matrix too). In an ideal world or Utopia your spiritual or psychic gifts would be recognized, accepted and celebrated, especially by the more receptive young people, and even strangers would value your gifts.

Your dream friend could be an inner guide or entity, perhaps one you know already. I find that I am very often accompanied by my Mercury/Magician connected entity, Inu the Gandharva, who is the analyst, communicator and technical musician. Sometimes he just seems to be there as a matter of course and I don't worry about him too much.:)

Our clothing often represents the personal surface we wish to present to world, the persona. I actually see it as a very healthy sign that you are rejecting all the inappropriate personas that others may wish you to wear. You finally find a very good fit in the dark pink dress, but even that wasn't quite right and you had the ability and persistence to tailor it exactly to your own self-image.

I actually didn't see a lack of self-esteem in this dream at all. But perhaps your comment about not having a partner is what others try to project on you - to make you "wear a partner" so to speak. I think you are quite right not to allow others to dictate the way you would appear to them. Even so, it is difficult to remain a social person and not be influenced in some degree - perhaps only in Utopia can we have the complete freedom to appear as who we really are!

Cheers
David

psychic sue

David thanks, that really makes sense to me.

At the age of 43 I feel like I am only just growing up. I do now have the confidence to be who I really am.

Well-meaning people do try and pair me up with men, and they can't seem to accept that I am quite happy as I am. I feel I need this time alone to develop myself as a whole person. Until about 18 months ago I had been in a relationship (of one kind or another) since I was 24. To be honest, I like being on my own!

Thank you once again, that interpretation really connected with me.

BTW your comments about having a "high degree of psychic development and power" - I am not so sure about that. I only recently started to lucid dream, and it happened spontaneously - I didn't work at it at all. Maybe my Guides gave me the ability in order to express myself in my dreams? Just a thought.

Blessings

Sue x

Sophie-David

Well I only started to grow up at last year, at age 48! In fact today, March 29, is the first anniversary of the sacred marriage to Sophie, which happened between 0230 and 0330 in the morning. My mentor, who is about 47 now, is also blossoming under the rare opportunity to be single: as you suggest, the time "alone to develop myself as a whole person".

I think we tend to underestimate our strengths, and overestimate our weaknesses. The ego tends to be very conservative about what really matters, but overcompensates with the superficial things such as material possessions since they involve much less personal risk. How many of the general population read Tarot? And what tiny fraction can lucid dreams?

Last night was another one in which I "was supposed to be" dreaming about the Empress - I studied Guenevere and the Lady of Shalott from the Legend deck last night. I did have some dreams which I'm going to have to try to remember so I can record them here later - and what was really interesting was that there was no feminine content at all. But for now I must be about "the Queen's business";) - my job with Coast Guard.

Sophie-David

Sophie-David said:
Your dream friend could be an inner guide or entity, perhaps one you know already. I find that I am very often accompanied by my Mercury/Magician connected entity, Inu the Gandharva, who is the analyst, communicator and technical musician. Sometimes he just seems to be there as a matter of course and I don't worry about him too much.
Well after that dismissive statement, last nights dreams seemed to be an attempt by Inu to remind me that he is important too! In the first dream I remember I was piloting an aircraft - I still have to use aircraft to fly Sue!;) Inu was explaining at some length how to calculate how much fuel we needed. Luckily he seemed to be responsible for fueling so I didn't have to worry about it too much.

The second dream was a lot more detailed about the fuel and the technical aspects of a high octane track racer. Inu the analyst was again getting into power/weight ratios and fuel consumption. The driver of the racer seemed to think he was in charge, but his contribution to winning was really not nearly as important as he thought. There was also another expert present who was concerned with the types of fuels and there energy delivery, rather than the consumption - this was the entity I know as Superman - LOL. Finally, there was a serious scientist type who was programming the optimum approach through some chicanes to save track time, and given enough study he felt we could program the whole race and dispense with the driver altogether.;)

I believe these dreams are both addressing the concerns I have had lately with my energy levels, and with putting too much out and not taking enough in. Inu is also making a point that he doesn't like being left on the sidelines in favour of the feminine entities - there often seems to be a striving among them for attention, each one claiming that they are the most important. The dreams seem to be making the point that psychic/spiritual energy management and output are appropriate functions for the masculine parts of the self: Inu the analyst who is associated with the Magician archetype and Mercury in Aquarius; Superman who is concerned with energy delivery and application, associated with the Chariot and Mars in Saggitarius; and the programmer who felt that all things could be perfectly controlled and predicted, associated with the Emperor and my Saturn in Saggitarius.

The cute little twist to this dream is that the driver, who thinks he is so important but really has such a minor role to play in winning the race, is a perfect model of the ego part of the self.

psychic sue

David I have to agree with you on the above dreams. Are you a dream analyst by trade? You are very good.

I had a few scattered dreams last night. I seem to remember having a gun in one of my dreams. There were some really nasty people after me (I think they were drug dealers or something like that) and my kids (my kids were only little in this dream - they are 15 and 17 in reality) and I was protecting them. At one stage I thought, I will have to kill them and then Kill myself - that is preferable to the torture we ill endure at the hand of these people. I tried to fire the gun, but no bulletts came out, although it made a noise. Then I was driving a bus full of kid home through the snow. It looked very romantic, everything white and twinkling.

I woke from that dream with a kind of jolt, and I had another one of those split second experiences. I saw a pair of hands praying in the classic prayer pose. I felt this might be the Muslim woman I saw the other night.

Can anyone help me? It's a bit like reading the cards - can't read my own! I'll reserve my own thoughts until I've read other people's!

Blesssings

Sue x

Milfoil

Sophie-David said:
I believe these dreams are both addressing the concerns I have had lately with my energy levels, and with putting too much out and not taking enough in. Inu is also making a point that he doesn't like being left on the sidelines in favour of the feminine entities - there often seems to be a striving among them for attention, each one claiming that they are the most important. The dreams seem to be making the point that psychic/spiritual energy management and output are appropriate functions for the masculine parts of the self: Inu the analyst who is associated with the Magician archetype and Mercury in Aquarius; Superman who is concerned with energy delivery and application, associated with the Chariot and Mars in Saggitarius; and the programmer who felt that all things could be perfectly controlled and predicted, associated with the Emperor and my Saturn in Saggitarius.

I hope you are not spreading yourself too thin, you mentioned before that it was early in the morning when you were posting, though you seem to dream well, we all need our sleep too (mother hen mode!). As I haven't yet identified any singular spiritual guides (though I have felt the presence of at least one) I can't comment on the above but you certainly seem to be able to analyse your own dreams very well.

Milfoil

psychic sue said:
I had a few scattered dreams last night. I seem to remember having a gun in one of my dreams. There were some really nasty people after me (I think they were drug dealers or something like that) and my kids (my kids were only little in this dream - they are 15 and 17 in reality) and I was protecting them. At one stage I thought, I will have to kill them and then Kill myself - that is preferable to the torture we ill endure at the hand of these people. I tried to fire the gun, but no bulletts came out, although it made a noise. Then I was driving a bus full of kid home through the snow. It looked very romantic, everything white and twinkling.

I woke from that dream with a kind of jolt, and I had another one of those split second experiences. I saw a pair of hands praying in the classic prayer pose. I felt this might be the Muslim woman I saw the other night.

Can anyone help me? It's a bit like reading the cards - can't read my own! I'll reserve my own thoughts until I've read other people's!

Blesssings

Sue x

I fear, I'm too much of a novice at all this to be of much real help but my immediate reaction was that your children will always be vulnerable in your eyes, regardless of their actual age and you still feel the need to protect them and probably will continue to do so all your life - you feel that your life and theirs are inextricably intertwined.

psychic sue

Milfoil said:
I fear, I'm too much of a novice at all this to be of much real help but my immediate reaction was that your children will always be vulnerable in your eyes, regardless of their actual age and you still feel the need to protect them and probably will continue to do so all your life - you feel that your life and theirs are inextricably intertwined.

That is very true Milfoil. I do feel like their protector as I am a single parent. And I will always feel like that, even when they are middle- aged !

Thank you.

Sue

Milfoil

Well, my dreams last night were very fragmented

I cooked a saddle of lamb in the shape of what looked like a skinned dog on a spit (I know - not a nice image) then prepared and cooked another when that one was finished. I wasnt in my kitchen but my mother was there.

My husband and I then set off somewhere in our neighbours limousine (they have a limo hire business) and at one point we were both in our wedding clothes. We ended up on a sunny island somewhere with a beautiful deep pool which then stretched out into the sea. We both swam using flippers and tanks but I stayed in the pool end. When I finally got up the courage to dive into the sea, it was too late and the whole thing was covered over with carpet! (I know, I know - just call me odd). I asked the attendant if the pool was still there and he replied yes but its very deep and its too late to swim now.

The last part of the dream seems to me to be the most significant. If the pool attendant was a guide they were indicating that it was too late to investigate the dark and unknown depths of the sea (it was time to wake up). The sunny island could be the happy spiritual landscape I am wanting to discover but the pool is the 'training ground'. It stretches out into the sea, a massive place where I am are literally out of place but where I can go with training and guidance.

Perhaps this holiday island is just to see if I will stay or loose interest and go home - will I make a serious long term committment or is all this just a holiday romance?

What on earth the carpet meant?????? or the saddle of lamb?????? I think I'm just weird or I ate too much cheese before bedtime . . . .

Sophie-David

psychic sue said:
David I have to agree with you on the above dreams. Are you a dream analyst by trade? You are very good.
Thank you Sue. I seem to have become a dream analyst by necessity! Dreams have become a big key to unlocking new understandings of myself and reality. But my mentor has recently suggested that I cut back on analysizing my dreams, at least right away. Its so easy to compartmentalize them, "Oh this means this, and that means that", then write it all down and that's that. So then it can become difficult for new ideas or ways of thinking to emerge. I have tried to strike a balance in this, sometimes just writing down or typing up a dream so that I remember it, but making no attempt to analyse it until a few days go by. Instead one can simply put the dream aside completely or try to relate to it more subtlely by perhaps learning more about the dream topic in general, or exploring the images and feelings, etc, but resisting the temptation to always say "This is what it means".
psychic sue said:
While your kids could literally be "your kids", sometimes they are a symbol for one's creative work or product, perhaps in one of the arts, or perhaps in Tarot. Or are the kids perhaps undeveloped aspects of yourself?

Killing the drug dealers and then yourself - well I'm glad you didn't have to do that. Why did you feel you would have to kill yourself after killing them? In any event, your use of the gun seemed to be effective without killing anybody. It seems to indicate that you could be assertive and establish boundaries without needing to destroy someone else's ego and then feeling so guilty you also had to be self-destructive. After the self-assertion you were rewarded by the romantic bus ride. When I considered the bus in my dream I took it to be
Sophie-David said:
...the momentum of the libido expressed within a community. I finally realized this morning that the bus is presently representing the Aeclectic community for me, and in this case its motion is an expression of this new Spirit Guide Study Group which has set off in an exciting new direction together. Quite literally, this encounter with Eirian is taking place within the spiritual and psychic momentum of this more or less public group.
Could this be similar for you, the kids perhaps representing the new beginnings in this group and in your life in general?
psychic sue said:
Yes, that does sound likely - and very encouraging.:)