Spiritual drainers

Tanga

Tanga I relate to everything you said! This also strains me sometimes, so I ask for background info. Like im not here to amaze you with my woo woo powers, I just want to help you(while not popping out any of my psychic cranium juices in the process). I dont like being tested to just have someone be critical of me. I am not superwoman lol.

I took a different approach to this type of sitter recently. Instead of saying "well I can't help you if you won't tell me"... I did a long dance of throwing a load of guesses at them as to what they might mean.
In the end - I wheedled out the whole story - but SHEESH!!

Lol :rolleyes:

DesertDream

Oh gosh, you must have the patience of a saint Tanga! At one point I would of just thrown my deck into their lap and been like YOU read them, you obviously know more than I do!!!! Haha but im not that brazen for the most part. I find when I do ask sometimes for background info, Im not burning my psychic mojo juice as much for searching the ether. It helps me also follow the intuitive flow and put it into place beside it and me moving around like a slippery wet noodle. At other times I take no info at all and run with it. At this point scrying with the cards works well! Depends on my mindframe really and how far I am willing to go the distance. If I was a professional reader I could see myself losing it on people all of a sudden LOL. And being a nervous wreak! All that intense energy interactions. I have to eat, drink a lot, and feel i could smoke an entire pack of cigs just after a handful of indepth readings! Lung cancer or the nut house my only two options if i read full time haha! I have realized grounding is so important! When reading. But for me most times thats like trying to get a floatation device to stick to thd bottom of a pool! Rubber Duckie syndrome? Omg thats my new saying now, lmao

Starshower

I feel drained by people who insist on taking everything literally and pouncing on it, often to prove you wrong - in Tarot as in Life. They leap on obvious metaphors or figures of speech and delight in contradicting you ... "How can I pull my socks up when I never wear socks?" / "But I don't know anyone who wears armour and rides a horse!" / "No - I've never been to a chariot race" / "I don't believe in kings & queens, I'm a republican" type of thing. No attempts at explanation get through. I think some people enjoy faking stupidity. <Rolls eyes.>

DesertDream

I feel drained by people who insist on taking everything literally and pouncing on it, often to prove you wrong - in Tarot as in Life. They leap on obvious metaphors or figures of speech and delight in contradicting you ... "How can I pull my socks up when I never wear socks?" / "But I don't know anyone who wears armour and rides a horse!" / "No - I've never been to a chariot race" / "I don't believe in kings & queens, I'm a republican" type of thing. No attempts at explanation get through. I think some people enjoy faking stupidity. <Rolls eyes.>

That or I just think their honestly stupid. Stupidity is always draining! If they can't comprehend simple figures of speech or metaphor then no way in hell would I ever want to befriend or read for a person!

This is why I'd end up in jail if I read full-time to a broader crowd. Lmao

*flips over card table*

Atalanta

YES i know what you mean. Met someone like that recently took me hours to shake the feeling.
That describes an ex-friend of mine perfectly. If you feel like you need a nap (or to sage the house) after you see them, they don't need to be in your life.

Edit: I posted before I saw the keep it to tarot message. Sorry!

Atalanta

Mine is the sheer number of people who line up. When I say three sitters because that's what I feel I can do and five line up, I feel like I need to do all five and then I feel exhausted. I stop thinking positively about why I'm doing readings, they become a chore.

DesertDream

Mine is the sheer number of people who line up. When I say three sitters because that's what I feel I can do and five line up, I feel like I need to do all five and then I feel exhausted. I stop thinking positively about why I'm doing readings, they become a chore.

This happens to me when I read, but I do it online(do you mean face to face or online??). Even before I start the sight of numbers makes me drained with a chore like feeling. I have found by doing many, many readings online people have a knack for doing the exact opposite of the guidelines you lay out. This is not a fun experience, and if I myself have to correct it I feel used and disregarded as their reader before I start. Sobive even starting skipping others. It hurts me to be unkind in this but in reality, the hard facts are, no rules no reading. And I dont feel stepped on.

Although Its not fun turning someone down, it is a good thing to be true to youself and firm but kind to others.
It has been a insightful experiance for me, because I am a absolute wreak when it comes to bounderies & self preservation. This helps you to conserve & protect your energy and to help to respect yourself and your limits. No pain no gain does not work well for our precious life force energy. Honestly it would probabley be hard for me to do this f2f especially when im in my giving, love the world mood, but I come to learn it is an absolute nescessity even while I am online to protect self. It also helps protect others engery who want readings, and helps them in a way by not getting a reading my someone who feels run down.

It is a muscle that needs a lot of flexing i think before one can do a whole day of readings.

Falcor

This happens to me when I read, but I do it online(do you mean face to face or online??). Even before I start the sight of numbers makes me drained with a chore like feeling. I have found by doing many, many readings online people have a knack for doing the exact opposite of the guidelines you lay out. This is not a fun experience, and if I myself have to correct it I feel used and disregarded as their reader before I start. Sobive even starting skipping others. It hurts me to be unkind in this but in reality, the hard facts are, no rules no reading. And I dont feel stepped on.

Although Its not fun turning someone down, it is a good thing to be true to youself and firm but kind to others.
It has been a insightful experiance for me, because I am a absolute wreak when it comes to bounderies & self preservation. This helps you to conserve & protect your energy and to help to respect yourself and your limits. No pain no gain does not work well for our precious life force energy. Honestly it would probabley be hard for me to do this f2f especially when im in my giving, love the world mood, but I come to learn it is an absolute nescessity even while I am online to protect self. It also helps protect others engery who want readings, and helps them in a way by not getting a reading my someone who feels run down.

It is a muscle that needs a lot of flexing i think before one can do a whole day of readings.

Can you give a few examples(and encourage people like me to flex that muscle)?

Atalanta

I'm right there with you. I couldn't do f2f and I see why a lot of professional readers have a "spiel" they go through.

I'll make a deal with you, we'll do a better job enforcing our boundaries together. That way we don't get that run down feeling.