Star as outcome clarified by 2 of wands

Ilaris

Hi! I need your help, pleeease

I made a relationship reading and I got the Star as outcome (in a month time) clarified by the 2 of wands.

It`s hard to relate the two cards! The state of the relationship now is a friendship. Something sexual/romantic has happened before but one of the two has decided to back off for the moment because they are grieving about something. They haven`t told me exactly what`s the issue, but I think this person was in love with someone else but it turned out badly.

So, what the querent wanted to know was the outcome for this relationship in one month time, and I'm not sure if the star here means:

1) Frienship (what the 2w has to do here, no clue!)
2) Dreams, dreams, dreams.... but it's not the outcome for one person but for the relationship itself, right?
3) Healing (again, the 2w doesn't fit)

Help please?

love_light

When I see the Star card I see it as glimmer of hope, a truly positive card, but that it's somewhere off in the distance (just like the stars in the universe for example). So the star shines its light, but it might take some time for things to manifest.

So combine that with 2 of Wands, to me this talks about a choice between staying and going. Again, you might want to look at the imagery of your card to see if you can't pull any more intuitive meanings from it, especially if you don't use a standard RWS deck.

I'd say that these cards say something like, a positive outcome is one the way, but it could take a little time because one person needs to still figure some things out and make a decision about whether to stay or to go forward. Overall, it seems positive from my interpretation, just because the star is a Major arcana card.

Curious to see what others think. Hope that helps

The Standing Stone

Star with 2 of wands: Hopes are obtainable for fulfilment, finding new challenges

flipperjane

I like what Marcus Katz says about both cards regarding relationships:

the Star - "this card indicates potential so long as one's vision is aligned to that of one's partner. This card symbolises the requirement to both contribute different things to the relationship in order to create the perfect blend. Unlike the Temperence card, the Star shows that we should 'let the winds of heaven dance between us' rather than merge into one whole"

2 of Wands "this card shows that you have a larger vision in mind than your partner or those around you. It may be time to share the big picture with those closest to you so that they can help it become a reality. Do not be afraid of connecting to your desires or ambition and expressing those in full"

Both these cards seem to show that the relationship is possible - so one person comes with baggage - well that's fairly normal!!!!!! I think the cards say Yes there could be a relationship so long as both people want it and follow their desires to make it happen but also retain their individuality.

Ilaris

Thank you for your replies! They give me hope, like the star :) :)

After reading what you wrote, some words made me connect the two cards, made me see what the 2 of wands clarifies about the star: looking ahead, it may happen, but not now, in the future

Richard

The Star may be distant in terms of miles, but if a Star predicts an event, it may be fairly soon, as was the case with the inundation of the Nile predicted by Dog Star (the inspiration for the Tarot Star), or the birth of Jesus indicated by the Star of Bethlehem.

Vee93

I have a slightly different interpretation to offer, but still hopeful, as both cards have a positive vibe. I see the two cards as representing the 2 individuals. The Star is naked symbolizing her openness and offering and willingness. The 2 Wands is fortified but looking out beyond. I also get a lot from positioning of cards, so presumably you've laid down the Star then the 2Wands, and so, at least in the RWS deck, the 2Wands is looking toward the Star. So while in a months time things may not have happened yet, I at least see the possibility on the horizon once that gentleman leaves his fortress.

willowfox

***The Star suggests in a month's time nothing will have happened, dreams will still remain very distant, + 2 wands.

rmcfarron

removed - posted in the right place - sorry!

cattarot

I agree that the two of wands can be seen to be looking at the star and therefore this fits with both cards meanings in that the hopeful situation to which the star refers is far off in the distance and the two of wands person realizes that because s/he is looking at the big picture. There may be a lot of things one or both parties need to think about on their own before any action can be taken. Someone may be concerned that if they move too quickly they will mess things up (esp. if the star can be said to be an idealized image someone has of a potential relationship). I think patience may be required here. But eventually if something doesn't happen she may be advised to take the leap herself and push to make a decision and move forward. So I think in one month's time little visible progress will have been made, but she should not give up hope.