Tarot and the Other Realm

Edge

zazen said:
Whatever you read is from you let no one tell you it is wrong or that they know a better way.

I concur with you zazen and also would like to mention that fortune telling is most often associated with practicing the art for commercial/financial gain. Don't think this has anything at all to do with book meanings only.

memries

I think the term "fortune teller is a useless term anyway. Do they mean see the... future advisor ? The term fortune teller does not make any sense at all and is not even good English as it does not describe the event. It was probably a slang term invented.

Tarot does a lot more than possibly telling the future. It shows you the direction you are going in and makes clear any conditions that you question.

Is it wrong to have a "higher self" ? Do you understand your dreams and why you have them ? Most people do not but they are just as alive asleep as awake and it is part of our humanity to dream. So if we look to see what it is why would anyone have the nerve to say it was wrong ? Let them do exactly as they wish and leave you alone. Do not accept judgment from anyone ever and do not judge either. You can like or dislike an action but people who put others down or what they do, are pretty full of themselves. The term for them is self righteous and that is an ugly name.

SunChariot

Well Tarot works, and that seems so far to be unexplainable scientifically. It works and it works consistently, so it cannot be mere coincidence. To me that means that when I read I am connecting to something greater than myself, but people who have passed over, no way. If I thought that was it, I'd quit fast. That would really be WAY too scary for me.

I personally believe my answers are coming from there. It is something higher (call that G-d or angels...). They come from a place that to me forms part of my connetion to this world and to everyone in it. Agreed--a Tarot reading is NOT a seance.

Reading, I think, is about learning to use our intuition as well, and that is related to our psychic powers. And we all have them and can develop them....there are so many parts of our brains we don't use and that is part of those parts. We all have them and we can all develop them. It's not even particularly supernatural. It's part of what it means to be human.

Babs

jmd

Just a quick mention that the concept and appelation 'Fortune Telling' is, as far as I am concerned, a wonderfully rich and positive term.

For those who have not read the thread titled 'Reclaiming Fortune Telling', and are interested, it is wonderful (in my view).

I would suggest that, whether we like it or not, at least let us not cast stones on those who either use or appreciate the term.

Demeter

You have all mentioned feelings towards tarot which I hold strong. I do believe that when I read am and connecting with my higher self or angels or the universe to receive the messages they feel we need to receive at the time.

I read the thread in Jmd's post and I love Kiama's thoughts on tarot.

Dark Inquisitor - I read recently that the problem with communicating with spirits, is that once on the otherside, spirits are able to access alot of information. Therefore, when someone claims to have made contact, unless the information is very specific and not a generalisation, its very hard to be sure it is who you think it is. This is another reason why I was so upset by the comment made to me, as I like to focus on the cards. I think they are so full of information, that you usually get your answer or guided to your answer.