Tarot Box-making hobby

Winterchild

:)

I made a special box for my Tarot of the Absurd deck.

That is wonderful! And I adore the backs of those cards!! They look hand marbled..I thought they would be black and white like the fronts!

Debra

I love the look of that box, especially the inner lining paper. Puts my Walgreens' plastic index card cases to shame.

I love you Rodney you know I do. I'm just wondering, is it part of the mystique for every picture to be *ahem* focused on the afterlife rather than in this plane of existence? :laugh:

Last box for awhile as my work area is my dining room table, which needs to be cleaned off for Thanksgiving dinner....

I acquired a Cartomanzia 184 with a 1943 (not 1948) tax stamp on it, but it didn't come with a box. A friend has a Cartomanzia 184 with 1948 tax stamp in a one-piece box where the top and bottom are joined at the back. This friend's box also has a hole in the bottom of it that we've determined is for inserting one's finger to push the cards up out of the box. Well, my box is in homage to that box, although I wasn't even going to try to replicate that hole....

I took the card back and scanned it. The original back has faded gold coloring on the red background, but that just wasn't showing through in the printout, so I changed the gold to black. (Red, white and black is my favorite color scheme.) I decided to go for something completely different for the inside of the box as a little unexpected surprise....

As with all the boxes I've shown, the black is actually black wrapping paper. The inside of the box is scrapbooking paper.

rwcarter

I love you Rodney you know I do. I'm just wondering, is it part of the mystique for every picture to be *ahem* focused on the afterlife rather than in this plane of existence? :laugh:
I've never claimed to be a photographer, much less a good one! :laugh:

Maskelyne

Robledo TdM box

After receiving the Robledo TdM in its brown paper wrapper, I dug through all the box-making threads I could find on here. Now my Robledo has a proper home. I salvaged the printed wrapper to decorate the cover, and scanned the back pattern to cover the bottom. Many thanks to all who posted, for the ideas and inspiration.

Attachments

• Robledo box.jpg
    Robledo box.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 169

Alta

That looks perfect Maskelyne! Well done. :)

rwcarter

Very cool Maskelyne! Glad to see I'm not the only person making boxes right now. Over the holidays I need to make boxes for my Sexual Tarot and my 78 Card Daniloff Tarot.

Tarot dance

Does anyone make these boxes for sale? They are all awesome…I collect 2 things, tarot decks and boxes. I would love to be able to purchase a box if anyone is selling them or know someone who does sale…..

rwcarter

Welcome to Aeclectic, wens_a! :bugeyed: That's a box! :bugeyed: I never gave any thought to a box with height like that as space is limited and I have more than a few decks (no comments from the peanut gallery!) in my collection so can't spare the extra space.

Tarot dance, I've seen a few boxes like the ones shown in this thread for sale on eBay. There was an auction a couple (?) of months ago for a lot of 6 such boxes, but I think they already had decks in them.