Tarot Decks that STRAY

Winterchild

Is Morgans Tarot even a Tarot?!!! I call it the purple oracle....;-)

ana luisa

Is Morgans Tarot even a Tarot?!!! I call it the purple oracle....;-)

Well, it calls itself Tarot but I agree. It is 100% oracle. And a very good one at that btw. ;)

greatdane

Ana Luisa and Winterchild

And there in lies my conundrum. Why not just call a deck, especially a really cool, one, just an oracle? When a deck strays and seems more oracle to many, obviously calling it tarot isn't a benefit. I think it just confuses people. For those who want to go in a different direction, why give it a label like tarot? There are some decks I think are really great looking, but when they call them tarot, I look for some loose tarot structure and often don't really see it.

Lenormand is the same way. I mean if you have the 36 cards, but don't see anything resembling Lenormand, I just wonder why call it that? Why NOT just say, hey, I made this really unique oracle!

That's the part that is confusing to me and the big benefit I see is they think more people will at least look at it if they give it a name like something tarot or something Lenormand.

WolfSpirit

The Wolf Pack Tarot - is nothing like tarot...
The Healing Earth Tarot - it does look more like tarot than the Wolf Pack but it has six suits and it strays in its meanings. But it is one of my favourite decks anyway!