Tarot of the Black Mountain

Sidhe-Ra

Thank you Pumpkin, tarot4fun and Celticnoodle! :D

I am posting both b+w and colour versions of the cards on www.emilycarding.com

Blessings,

Em xx

firefrost

What a guy - what a card!

I've got your site in my fave's now, too :)

tabi

Sidhe-Ra, did you ever consider renaming this particular Emperor?

It is a very stunning representation of the Emperor all the way around, but he seems mistitled to me. (Weird I know). I know some of the story behind Nikola and his family, an interesting bit of history. But even though he was an Emperor it doesn't seem to fit everything about him....okay so I'll shut up now because my quirkiness is showing. :p

OH yeah the important part.....GREAT JOB!!!

moderndayruth

Em, you are genious!
I have to check whether Princ Nikola (King Nikola's grandson)or his daughter are in Montenegro - they live in Paris and visit from time to time, i want to show him the Emperor, i am sure he'll love it! Btw, he is an arhitect himself and both, his wife and daughter are artists. As far as i can remember the vife is an designer and the daughter is a movie director. The Prince is often here, he is very popular, i met him on few occasions and i was interpreting for the princess when she was visiting... she is amazing, i remember i was like... "omyGod, she is a real princess!" lol
So far, everybody around here is very excited about the project, you know never before a Tarot was published here and you can't even buy one here...
Everybody is soooo impatient for Tarot od Black Mountaines to be published! I think it's becoming a national priority lol
I announced it on TV during the interview about the debute book... tada!
Em, i am so proud of your work...
Btw, considering the renaming, it's up to Em, whatever she feels like; in my opinion the "Emperor" really matches the image of king Nikola, but if Em feels like changing it - it's ok.
Love,
Lena Ruth

Sidhe-Ra

Gosh, thanks!

Obviously I'm interested to know why Tabi thinks the name is inappropiate, but I'm not feeling the urge or need to rename him myself.

Thank you all so much for such generous support!

And Lena Ruth, I am so VERY glad you like the cards so far! :D

Blessings,

Em xx

tabi

Sidhe-Ra said:
Gosh, thanks!

Obviously I'm interested to know why Tabi thinks the name is inappropiate, but I'm not feeling the urge or need to rename him myself.

Em xx

Mostly just my quirkiness more then anything but the image that you did doesn't fit the traditional Emperor, and I looked at him and thought Czar more fitting....again I'm just kinda weird so don't take me too seriously on anything here. I was just curious is all.

Sidhe-Ra

tabi said:
Mostly just my quirkiness more then anything but the image that you did doesn't fit the traditional Emperor, and I looked at him and thought Czar more fitting....again I'm just kinda weird so don't take me too seriously on anything here. I was just curious is all.

Okay :) Interestingly, though, the Montenegro flag in the background, (which features his personal crest) does show the two headed eagle holding a sceptre and orb, so much of the traditional symbolism is still there- just hidden away!

Blessings,

Em xx

tabi

Sidhe-Ra said:
Okay :) Interestingly, though, the Montenegro flag in the background, (which features his personal crest) does show the two headed eagle holding a sceptre and orb, so much of the traditional symbolism is still there- just hidden away!

Blessings,

Em xx

It isn't that he isn't an Emperor, but you know how you get those certain images stuck in your head and you can't shake it no matter how logical and reasoned everything else is stated...it is one of those things. :p

snowRaven

Very nice Em!

I like all of the cards so far, but I think my favorites are Death and The Emperor.

To me, the style of the cards evoke a feeling of pride and strength, with a slight subtone of sadness and pain. Something like the landscape itself given voice through your art. I like it very much.

My only pint of critique is that the surrounding rock on the Death card seems to lean in towards the opening, as if it where the walls of a tunnel. The effect is strongest on the b/w image, and almost non-existant in the Death2 color version. Of course, I have no idea what the original monument looks like...

Waset

Sidhe-Ra said:
Great! Thanks guys! I think we will go for the borderless with the lettering on the cards then :)

Here is the black and white Hierophant- now to my colours!

Blessings,

Em xx
Montserrat? :)