the all-singing, all-dancing ENABLING THREAD!

Wendywu

I love this deck! Trees talk, and are extremely talkative - you just have to listen with the right ears. This deck is very readable and it's one I am very glad to have - it snuggles up on the shelves and made itself at home - and joins in the clamouring to be used. When it is picked - it's very clear and a happy read. Buy it - you'll be glad you did :laugh:

DaisyDragonfly

Echoing Wendy! It's a charming little deck, as keen and as helpful as can be. There's a lovely simplicity to it - but because they're trees, the simplicity is rooted in wisdom. The deck just makes me smile, whether I'm reading with it or shuffling with it.

It's definitely one to buy :D

gregory

theora said:
ok I've got one. I want to see you guys enable the Tarot of the Trees because BOY OH BOY did it get de-enabled in That Other Thread!

I actually think the art is rather pretty - but, have only seen a few cards - and I'm not really sure how *trees* can express the gamut of human emotions... but I'm willing to admit that it's at least possible! I'm not a druid or anything though.

anyone want a go? to be honest I'm quite unlikely to actually buy it as I have a couple of new gems already waiting to be thoroughly explored... so anyone who got me to change my mind would be a Champion Enabler! %-)
That was partly me in that other thread.... :D

And I have it and I really like it actually.... :) It's dead clever the way the trees manage to get the meanings across with no people at all; the art is lively, and the cards are a nice size. And the book is very nice - get that too. It's worth the extra bucks.

gregory

Mateo06 said:
I did my obligation with the Tarot of Trees, can someone do theirs with the Maroon Tarot! I even checked to make sure my credit card could handle the expense the other day, but can I handle it! Can I truly handle buying another deck that is too large to use? Will I enjoy the art?
Yes to all these ! And it isn't THAT large. ;)

Owl Song

This thread and the other recent thread on the Illuminated have enabled me. I'm going to to treat myself to a copy. I'm thinking that I will start with a pocket size and then order a medium sized iridescent and ask for just light touches of glitter.

I rationalize it this way--there aren't any upcoming deck releases that I am burning for in 2010. So why not just lump my whole Tarot budget together. Get it all out of the way at once? It really is the sensible thing to do. ;)

gregory

Thais said:
I rationalize it this way--there aren't any upcoming deck releases that I am burning for in 2010. So why not just lump my whole Tarot budget together. Get it all out of the way at once? It really is the sensible thing to do. ;)
Why rationalise ? Why excuse ? This is the ENABLING thread. You buy everything you want (and can afford) - OK ?

nisaba

Mateo06 said:
What other thread deenabled you?
<shakes head sadly>

Shockin'.

Shouldn't be allowed.

nisaba

Mateo06 said:
Can I truly handle buying another deck that is too large to use? Will I enjoy the art?
Of course you can! And it's not too large.

I have stubby little hands.

I have the Cary-Yale Visconti, and the Piermont Morgan Visconti-Sforza, both of them huge.

I *used* to think they were just collector's pieces, but ... erm ... I loved them too much.

Now, I rotate tehm through 90 degrees to shuffle, which necessitates a longer arm-movement, but which is quite achievable.

Voila, huge decks in use with tiny hands!

Never let size de-enable you again.

nisaba

gregory said:
You buy everything you want [size=+2](and can afford)[/size] - OK ?
Hey! De-enabling comment! Stoppit or I'll drag out my (slightly festy) tuna of yore from amongst the dustballs under the computer, and thwap you with it!

The Punative Tuna - no one remember it from my early months here? it's hardly sashimi how - more like compost - but I'll heft it willingly.

tarotmama

Need enabled...

Ok. I have a $35 amazon gift cert. and I need enabled! I prefer to buy as things come available on the trading forum or ebay -- so amazon is like... whoa options!!

Someone please enable me to buy one or two of the following:

Vampire Tarot - Place
Victorian Flower Oracle
Paulina Tarot
Tarot of the Magical Forest
Halloween Tarot
Gummi Bear Tarot
... or something on amazon for $35 that I don't know I need?

I keep filling then emptying my shopping cart! I think this will be the last tarot purchases I'm able to make this year unless I fall into a money pit, so I'm having problems pulling the trigger...