The Chariot/Cheth & Hebrew Letter

Aeon418

Really!

ravenest said:
Loved reading post 21, especially after post 20! :laugh:.
I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)
Personally I don't confuse the OTO with Thelema itself. Both the OTO and it's "secret" existed before Thelema. And it it was the OTO that accepted Thelema, not the other way around.

ravenest

Imo

Yep, otherwise we would have ended up with a type of Neo-Gnostic/Christian/abstactosophical/Fremasonry.Or the Fraternus Saturnii Urk!

I'm not disputing what Aeon says, he is right in one way, yes, check the documents and the books. But is religion and its workings in the world accuratly portrayed by the founding enlightened books or teachers? Visa versa.

IMO the AA is supposedly 'run' by secret heads, the inner plane contact and all that. That's to be arranged so it somes through the boss and filters down through the grades until it hits you. Although in no way does the OTO require that you make this link in your own self, IMO if you dont, you are wasting your time and yes, it might be like a social club.

Personally I'll make the link with whatever secret chiefs, higher selves, HGA's etc MYSELF and wont be relying on some dude up the top to make the link and pass on orders.

But then again I am a spiritual 'anachrist' })

ravenest

Aeon418 said:
I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)
And it it was the OTO that accepted Thelema, not the other way around.
But why did AC 'choose' the OTO for the repositry of these (and many more) mysteries and traditons? He didnt have to have anything to do with it. He could have just gone AA. (Its okay mod. I am thinking of The Chariot being a vehicle for mysteries - stay on topic R. :laugh:

Or did he get sucked in by flattery;

My God your brilliant! Here, have a 9th Degree. :laugh:

Aeon418

ravenest said:
But why did AC 'choose' the OTO for the repositry of these (and many more) mysteries and traditons? He didnt have to have anything to do with it. He could have just gone AA.
Yes, A.C. could have just stuck with the A.'.A.'. system if his only purpose was to teach methods for achieving K&C and crossing the Abyss. But for promulgating the Law of Thelema the A.'.A.'. is a very unsuitable vehicle. Crowley always knew the A.'.A.'. would never be a mass movement. (Few and secret) With a few exceptions, almost no one made any progress beyond Probationer or Neophyte.

The spreading of the Law required a "popular" vehicle that was accessible to everyone. (The many and the Known) This is why, after the completion of the A.'.A.'. system, Crowley focused more and more attention on the O.T.O.
On top of this the O.T.O. was a mundane fraternity and could therefore raise money via dues. This is not possible within A.'.A.'..
The radical social reforms that Crowley envisioned are outside the scope of A.'.A.'.. For that you need a order concerned with temporal affairs. Once again the O.T.O. fit's the bill.

chriske

Reuss

ravenest said:
My God your brilliant! Here, have a 9th Degree. :laugh:

Priceless. And presumably with a German accent