the course in miracles study group.

Demon Goddess

Bumping this message to the top to reopen the discussions along the same and completely different lines.

As those of you who have been waiting for me to bump this up, can wait no longer.

I started my Course in Miracles journey through the sudden development of a relationship with my spirit guide Melody.

Melody in turn led me to begin reading the book by Gary Renhard; The Disappearance of the Universe, which was described as the Dummies' Guide to the Course in Miracles by the individual Melody sent me to to get it.

That book, which I have been reading and discussing with my hubby is a little more "user-friendly" than the course, which I have begun, albeit slowly, on my own.

I have come to recognize when a miracle is occurring because there is a fold in time that precedes them.

This weekend, I was at an agricultural fair, here in Lac Brome, Quebec. And a miracle occurred.

We were at the Fair's end of year party having a few drinks, chatting and generally enjoying each other's company when a discussion of Melody came up. One of the fellows at the party is a chainsaw carver. He cuts sculptures into wood using a chainsaw. He's very talented. He had done a carving for someone; an alligator, and another block of wood decided that it wanted to be a turtle so that the alligator would have a companion... I told him that I'd love for him to find Melody in a block of wood for me...

Then I told him about Melody, and her importance to me and the world and yesterday morning, he came to my husband and told him to tell me that Melody had decided to come out of a block that he'd had on site.

Shortly after lunch he brought this carving to me. Where I was expecting the pure carving of a frog, he brought a carving oddly enough, in the shape of a tarot card/frog, on which you could see the "face" of Melody. The energy that emanates from this carving is incredible.

The most incredible thing to me is that the expression in the face is exactly the same as that on the face of the card that Melody showed me of the Page of Wands when I asked her to choose a card to represent her.

I will get Greg to take a photo of the carving, first chance I get, and hopefully one day YOU may get to see it in person, but the spirit that emanates from this seemingly unassuming block of wood is miraculous.

The course itself is interesting... bizarre in and of itself. The exercises make little to no sense unless you understand the basic premise of the whole reason for doing them. So I highly recommend reading the book The Disappearance of the Universe as a "Reader's Digest version" for those who are intrigued but not ready to jump into the exercises...

It is my intent to use this thread to discuss the concepts that are presented in the course and indeed in the book Disappearance itself, and to see if we can all work together on this little journey.

I'll be starting a live workshop with some friends this week, and will try to report in this thread what comes of those discussions, whether they be questions or answers... who knows.

I have come to believe in things that were entirely beyond my scope previously because of this book.

Where Jesus Christ was a myth to me previously, he has come to exist. I have come to learn that time is not a horizontal line that spreads out over the ether, but rather everything that is happening is happening now. There is no "past" there is no "future" there is only now. I have learned (although not entirely wrapped my head around) the fact that all of my past lives and all of my future lives are all occurring simultaneously because of this time is now factor. So, anything that I do in this life, inexplicably alters and changes all of those other lives.

I was living a life of fear and anxiety as it pertained to my bank account a few months ago, and although, my financial situation has not entirely changed a great deal yet, how I feel about it has.

I have believed in God for a very long time, believed that I held a spiritually personal relationship with God, but have been pleasantly surprised to learn that it is far more personal and far more close to home than ever before. Melody has been a great inspiration in leading me along this pathway.

I look forward to talking about the whole thing...

So... If you're doing the Course in Miracles or simply reading Disappearance of the Universe or SOME OTHER book that is based on the concepts of the Course... Feel free to chime in... Ask questions... lets discuss these concepts and see if we can't do some heart and mind connections and make some miracles happen.

With Love

re-pete-a

The Miracle is in actions now, world wide communications, ......DG thanks for the pm, but must rush away, life is calling for actions. Keep going girl...

Demon Goddess

re-pete-a said:
The Miracle is in actions now, world wide communications, ......DG thanks for the pm, but must rush away, life is calling for actions. Keep going girl...

I am looking forward to discussing the whole thing. It's not often that a book study comes along that threatens to be so life changing for so many.

Looking forward to your return.

re-pete-a

Ok DG, ler 'er rip. (ozzie for Lets go) It's been a while since those books were read , but the memory is a supprising thing , if you liked it or didn't like it ,it files those away , the ho hum seems to get lost somehow, perhaps that's the ego's arsenal (bullets) for later on.

Demon Goddess

Well, I'm only on lesson 4, interesting to say the least and the whole thing is quite awe inspiring.

Some of it is ticking Greg off, especially the bits about him not existing.

He'll be going to the study group with me tomorrow night, so that's exciting. :)

re-pete-a

DG be careful and gentle with Greg, to those not ready, can have a frightning effect. So many labels are worn as a result of ego's drive to solidify itself . Protection is the first shield,(fear). When the digging starts in earnest the disecting of charactor can be a rocky road, courage is needed. Be gentle with both of you.

Demon Goddess

re-pete-a said:
DG be careful and gentle with Greg, to those not ready, can have a frightning effect. So many labels are worn as a result of ego's drive to solidify itself . Protection is the first shield,(fear). When the digging starts in earnest the disecting of charactor can be a rocky road, courage is needed. Be gentle with both of you.

I think that's going to be a hard lesson for me to work with Pete. I am such a learn the lesson by whacking myself in the head with a sledgehammer kind of person.

I think too, that the more i get into the course, the less it bothers me that he doesn't seem to want to get the point... yet.

Are you actively practicing?

re-pete-a

Constantly doing ,watching ,being. Listening to what is said by self. There's no comercial tv here (though selected videos and this 'puter). There's no news papers, there's no radio. Self selected isolation from indocrination and mis information, Yet this place is right in the hub of town.
This one is considered an odd one,The town sees it as strange, with odd views of the rest of the world. There's no drinking or smoking either.Though the odd few that visit are allowed to smoke in this house . The smoking issues have been solved , (it's hype for the un knowing). Constant self observation, and am starting to wonder if thinking isn't a tool too. Don't mean thoughts as such but the round and round stuff.How's it for you , give a few hints to stir the grey matter.

Demon Goddess

re-pete-a said:
Constantly doing ,watching ,being. Listening to what is said by self. There's no comercial tv here (though selected videos and this 'puter). There's no news papers, there's no radio. Self selected isolation from indocrination and mis information, Yet this place is right in the hub of town.
This one is considered an odd one,The town sees it as strange, with odd views of the rest of the world. There's no drinking or smoking either.Though the odd few that visit are allowed to smoke in this house . The smoking issues have been solved , (it's hype for the un knowing). Constant self observation, and am starting to wonder if thinking isn't a tool too. Don't mean thoughts as such but the round and round stuff.How's it for you , give a few hints to stir the grey matter.

I've always been odd, but as I age, I don't really care so much about what other people think and make an effort constantly that no matter what, I am true to myself.

Who I am, what I am, is what I am becoming and so it changes my ways of thinking about lots of things. Thinking is becoming more or less important as I consider whether or not something is a truth. Discussing demons and cults, I know that I just have to look to my head and my heart and I know. But stuff sometimes still goes round and round. It can't be helped.

A great example was the whole "Jesus" thing... I can remember back at 8 years old, learning "Jesus Loves Me" at summer day camp, singing the song feeling that Jesus really did love me. But as I grew older and thought about the Christian theologies, the intense disconnect between the reality and what they teach became glaringly obvious, and so, as much as I wanted as that little 8 year old girl to love Jesus and be his friend, scientific fact won out... That is until Melody pointed me at the ACIM. So, he exists, he is and will always be, and now I know.

Other ideas keep turning though... like what happens when I ascend, do I die right away, do I get to choose how I go... What if I don't ascend before I die, do I get to choose what or who I come back as?

It's all still very airy.

re-pete-a

yeah , know what you mean. A catch cry of late is RIGHT HERE , RIGHT NOW.
Thats where one is affected, thats where the results should be be known to start. Thats the place Miracles happen,. Also learning at a fast rate that now is all there is. Prayers now , food now, love now, insights now. Yesterdays are created in the now memories, tomorrows are created in the now moment. The future is an ever growing NOW. There's no next breath,last breath,coming breath. They cant be saved for later, remembered yesterday.
Must be the spring here (blame) temporarily cynical. But , no resistance to NOW feelings.Theyre here to be experienced . Thinks it's time to howl at the Moon.It's gonna happen NOW!!