The De-Enabling Thread

Jewel

rosesred said:
Still torn between getting the VR, not getting it at all, or even getting the Gold edition and book. *sigh*. I'll have to do some soul and money searching. :)
Mods don't shoot me here, but I just cannot help myself. Get the VR, you can always get the regular kit (not the golden). I have the golden and it is just amazing. The scans of the cards do not capture the expressions as well as one would think. Some of the queens facial expressions for example just do not show up on the scans, but holding the deck in your hands you sure can see it, and easily. The deck is beautiful, and very intuitive. The regular kit comes with the book, it will end up only being about $8 to $10 more than the Giant RWS probably (I am guestimatting). And if you do not like it, well it will be VERY easy to trade or sell here in the trading forum.

OK I am done enabeling, my apologies to the moderators, but rosesred was screaming for help here :*

lunakasha

rosesred said:
Still torn between getting the VR, not getting it at all, or even getting the Gold edition and book. *sigh*. I'll have to do some soul and money searching. :)

Having taken a close look at the VR gold edition side-by-side with the regular, I would recommend getting the regular kit.....because the gold is IMO very subtle, while the kit is less expensive AND includes the book!!!

So you see, I am only de-enabling the Gold edition, not the VR itself.....(mine is on its way from tarotgarden as we speak!)

:) Luna

gregory

rosesred said:
Rereading I realised that Gregory, you don't actually own the VR yet???? What is the world coming to? ;)
Tragic isn't it ! I will soon - long story; baba actually owes ME money ! - but retirement has meant........ :(

rosesred

Yay, I'll order the regular VR kit as soon as I'm back from my exciting trip to london. I made up my mind thanks to all of you nice people. (no, I really don't have lots of money even though I'm travelling, I have very, very nice friends, which I can recomend to anyone looking to travel on a shoestring :p )

Jewel and lunakasha and others, Thanks for the comparison between golden and regular edition, it was just what I needed.

Tragic isn't it ! I will soon - long story; baba actually owes ME money ! - but retirement has meant........

ah, that explains it! My faith in the order of the world is restored!

lunakasha

rosesred said:
Yay, I'll order the regular VR kit as soon as I'm back from my exciting trip to london. I made up my mind thanks to all of you nice people. (no, I really don't have lots of money even though I'm travelling, I have very, very nice friends, which I can recomend to anyone looking to travel on a shoestring :p )

Jewel and lunakasha and others, Thanks for the comparison between golden and regular edition, it was just what I needed.

You are welcome rosered, glad to help out! :)

The VR is lovely....I was able to look at a friend's copy (she ordered both versions) and soon I will have my own deck to play with, finally!

:) Luna

Jewel

rosesred said:
Glad I could help, I do not think you will regret your choice. My best friend, Faunabay, has the regular kit edition and she absolutly loves it. I am actually eventually getting the regular edition (deck only) just so I can look at the two editions side by side, but no rush there as I am perfectly content with my version.

Lunakasha, thanks for noting that you de-enabled the Gold version not the deck itself, that is what I tried to do as well so perhaps I was not being to offensive an enabler after all *LOL* :D

Queen of Pentacle

Oracle of the Grail Code

Usually, I am not so found of oracles... but I saw Jackdaw comments on it, then the Aeclectic review...
Now I am more and more interested in "Oracle of the Grail Code".
Does someone have an insigh on it?

connegrl

pricked my interest too. Seems that the most affordable place to buy it is straight off the artists web site. More info please!

Jen

jackdaw*

Well if you're looking for de-enabling ...

1. The cards are freaking HUGE!
2. The backs have the deck name on every card. Annoying.
3. The box has a flip lid, which is great if the deck will be lying flat, but won't stay closed if you try to store it upright on a bookshelf, for example.
4. Some of the cards are landscape rather than portrait. It can be inconvenient when laying out a reading.

Hope that helps some ... ;)

gregory

jackdaw* said:
Some of the cards are landscape rather than portrait. It can be inconvenient when laying out a reading.
I HATE THAT !!!! (Deck creators please note :D)