The De-Enabling Thread

Queen of Pentacle

lover's path and godess tarot - Thank for info on Grail oracle.

Thanks for the answer on the "grail oracle".
I saw on the autor website the differents orientations of the card, but I tough it was part of a system (kind of major-minor or something). Not only done because of the format of the original paintings. Quite annoying it must be.

Two other decks intrigue me Godess tarot and Lover path tarot, both by Kris Waldherr
The theme seems lovely, the minors look great, but how is it to work with women only or couple only pictures?
Isn't it a little "biaisé" (one-sided) because ot the illustrations?

Miren

I couldn't get into the Goddess deck. I think it was because it didn't feel balanced enough. I've never been a girly girl, either, (not to say that it's a girly deck) and I'm actually more comfortable hanging around with a few boys and maybe some girls than with all girls. I can't handle all the estrogen.

So maybe whether you'd like it depends on how you like to spend your time. If you're all about girls nights out, etc, then you'd probably like it. If you're more into playing D&D with your favorite guy friends (and a few girls) then it probably wouldn't appeal to you.

gregory

Queen of Pentacle said:
The theme seems lovely, the minors look great, but how is it to work with women only or couple only pictures?
Isn't it a little "biaisé" (one-sided) because ot the illustrations?
It doesn't feel like a problem - just as reading with the Gay deck doesn't. :D

thinbuddha

rosesred said:
Please save me from myself and tell me lots of bad things about these decks:

Golden edition of the Victorian Romantic

I bought it, and immediately regretted the purchase when the deck arrived.

It's a lovely deck- just not worth the money. The only thing that separates this deck from the normal version is the addition of an extra lovers card, and the gold printing that you practically have to convince yourself is there- the gold is just too subtle.

The fact that it is such a limited edition makes it enticing, but manage your impulse and get the regular version! I ended up selling mine for a $20 loss, and I don't even have the normal edition to show for the efforts.

Apologies to Baba, but this thread *is* about de-enabling.

-tb

Queen of Pentacle

Lunatic tarot - Fairytale kit

Do someone have comments about the Lunatic tarot (the deck not the portfolio).

Thanks in advance.

I am also thinking about the Fairytale tarot kit.

gregory

I have lots of comments about the Lunatic, but they won't help you at all :D so I will go away and make pastry instead !

connegrl

Fairytale = baba deck. Sorry, its hard to come up with de-enabling for baba decks. Here goes. It needs the book. Some of the Fairytales are a bit obscure. Its also a bit uneven.

Best I can do.

Jen

Alta

Agree strongly that if you do get the Fairytale deck that you get the kit with the book.

De-enabling: well, it isn't a good deck for long or complex spreads, all those stories start to bump into each other.

jackdaw*

Ummm ... well, I do agree that you need the book for the Fairytale, as it's only tangentially RWS-related.

And while your English comes across fine in posts, you have mentioned before that it isn't your first language. And the book isn't available in any other language, so you may find it hard going. Or you may not, I'm only basing this on what you've said :)

Haven't got the card-sized Lunatic yet, so can't de-enable you just yet. Give me a week or two, 'til the deck arrives, and I'll see what I can do!

AprilFool

Sorry, have to chime in here on the thread, but without any DE-enabling. I'm the one that benefitted from thinbuddah's generosity on the Gold VR. I am most appreciative, too. :D

I never had the regular version of this deck, so I was entranced by the gold deck, and very glad to pay slightly less than "retail + shipping" for it. :)

I agree, the gold is VERY subtle, but that's OK with me since I had nothing to compare it with. You'd probably be just as happy w/ the regular version, but either one really IS spectacular and very enchanting.

Oh, well. No one's ever succeeding in de-enabling me either! :D