The deck you want to hand down...

Lexie

If I had the Golden Tarot it should surely be the one! But I don't so.. I suppose Golden Botticelli would be my next choice.. I think someone would appreciate it and it's the most expensive I own ( I made the mistake to buy it from a store here in Greece instead of the Internet and I've paid 40 euro for it, more than 50 $ I think. How stupid of me!!!.. Also imagine that I didn't like it the first time I saw scans of it..Yes, I'm really crazy! :)

firefrost

Just now, the tarot interest in both my daughters has been and gone so unless either of them change in the years to come it'll be a case of "Make sure you know the OOP value of some of them when selling!"

Muir Aingeal

Nice thread, I have thought about this before even though I don't have anyone to hand my decks down to but if I did I would have to say it would be my Victorian Romantic Gold as well and most likely my Thoth because of the blunt in your face accurate readings it gives.

6 Haunted Days

Ahhh yes the Red Violin is a sumptious, gorgeous moving drama spanning ages :). I was at the premiere in Los Angeles.

The decks I think will age well and I could see myself lovingly handing down are:

1. Victorian Romantic Gold, this is going to age beautifully.
2. Fairytale- This one has that ageless, magical dark feel to it
3. Bohemian Gothic- This deck is going to be heirloom quality, something kept in precious aging lace
4. Sheridan-Douglas '06 reprint. Something about this deck, it's cardstock, images, colours seems so timeless and primal.

3 of the 4 are MRP decks...frankly they have the best cardstock hands down, it gets more beautiful, special and magical with use. The cards over time change form and "fit" your hands and shuffling....like an imprint.

FaireMaiden

I only read with the 'Universal Waite', so that one is the one that would be 'used'... Alas, compared to other decks out there now, it's rather plain, but it's mine, *lol*... my heart and soul are imprinted on that deck, *vbs*... As well, I use the 'Hermetic' for Spiritual readings/pathworking, so my imprint is also on that one...

All the other decks I have now, I have purchased with the aim of passing down to my son... and to his children (if he'd get busy and have some, *lol*)... I purchase them because I find them beautiful to my eye... I have kept all receipts for them and have them catalogued... As I don't have wealth, property, art etc. to pass down, I thought it would be nice to, at least, pass down my passion...

No one in my family is into tarot... nor any of the occult arts, *sigh*... I have always been considered 'the freak' in the family, but in a good way, *lol*... They all want readings from me, or whatever advice I can give them from an occult/metaphysical/alternative healing perspective... but none of them wants to learn for themselves...

Perhaps the decks I am collecting will have some monetary value one day... I hope so... I hope that I can leave something of me behind that the world will come to value in the future and that, should anyone in my family come to dire straits, they can cash-in the decks and set themselves to rights...

I have no plan to write anything about these decks other than it be my wish that the collection stay in the family, that it be added to and/or used if anyone is so inclined, and that it be cashed-in only if the need is dire... I do plan to write extensively as to what the 'Universal Waite' and 'Hermetic' have meant to me personally...

Chronata

That's an easy one!

The Minute deck

Wrapped in silk, and in their gorgeous visionary box made by WalesWoman.

Generations from now, some tarot folks will be talking about their rare collections, and one will say...hey, I just found a rare copy of that Minute deck off E-bay...number 95 out of a hundred...It only cost me a few hundred bucks!

and someone else will quietly say...

yeah...that's cool...but I have the original.

:D