The Fool and I

HellzBelle

I did something very similar, Fina, when I began my own tarot studies with that very first study deck.
I created a little spread, not up to the bigguns as a novice I felt, to give some definition to what I was doing with tarot and hoping to achieve.
This is what I devised if you're at all interested and want to try it, just two cards.

"The purpose of this spread is to define my motivation and desired goal in tarot study.

What is my quest for understanding?

1. Expectations...what I seek.

2. Revelations...what I will discover."

I should say that where I began my studies, it was stressed that I had to define a purpose of enquiry, pose a question and then define positions to address.
So this was my own little debut spread, my very own first creation.

Originally Posted by fina
It's kind of funny, because I was considering putting down tarot until I read more. But then, I started thinking that maybe I should not let myself be influenced by others and their interpretations and just muddle my own way through it. I think this thread has really given me the push to just start "reinventing the wheel" so-to-speak.
Sounds like you might have visited where I did my initial study where this attitude is prevalent.
Don't give in and don't give up because of what others tell you about your methods or what they say the cards mean.
Find your own way at your own pace and enjoy the journey for what it brings you.

MMTarot

re-pete-a said:
The best TIP that can be safely given here is to look inward at "what is happening " not outside self at "who's to blame" and just to add a little more confusion for you (remember this is as this one sees it ) is to never ask "why". The answer to why,. is because. The inward spiral of the ego, it's best tool. HAVE FUN !!

Just stumbled upon this post - as I did a search on The Fool card since it's been stalking me for weeks! - and re-pete-a this is one of the best pieces of advice I've ever read on Tarot.

This will definitely inform most of my readings/how I frame my questions.

Thanks!!

cherylleebest

the Fool and I

I'm totally new to tarot but after reading general advice on the forum started a journal last week to try to get to know the cards, working on the Fool last week. I'm starting with the visuals and then checking the meanings in the "learn" section here.

I also read that many people sleep with a card under their pillow each week so I did that with the Fool card. I did find myself being conscious of opportunities in general, and also made a note of my dreams.

My mother-in-law appeared in one in a shiny green robe (not her usual garb!) - that seemed unusual and pertinent. I thought this might be the little dog aspect of the card - though we have a great relationship, she's a former Deputy Head and currently magistrate who is used to making judgements and in many ways views the world in black and white. I'm not sure she sees the value or relevance of the spiritual, intuitive and psychic world. I think she would be warning me off this "leap" into the world of tarot (and Wicca) that I'm making.

Whilst studying the Fool I also had a really boring, monotonous and repetitive dream that I was very glad to wake up from. I thought the card might be telling me something about my attitude to some aspects of my life, urging me to start something new and fresh and different (Tarot?!!!).

What say you guys?