THE FOOL. hi - artsist seeks fellow travellers! -

rota

"This time I mean to do it -- the whole deck."

Well, let me be among the first to wish blessings on your endeavor. I'm an artist who caught the create-a-tarot-deck germ as well, and so I think I understand some of what you're feeling.
(I completed a cartoony deck based on RWS this summer, and I'm currently involved with having it printed privately as a limited edition. But on top of that I'm working on the Minors for another deck that I'm calling the International Icon Tarot. When I can snatch a couple of hours I'm working on it. )
So, now that I know your intention to create a deck in a disciplined fashion, I'm going to be following your progress. I hope anyone else who has an urge to create a deck will also take a close interest in it. It's no simple or straightforward task to build a coherent and workable deck... So many changes occur in a person who works deeply in this Tarot business. I hope you'll keep adding material to the site... I can't wait to see new cards!

kayne

Hey Patter! Thought it was you from DeviantArt, as soon as I saw your work! :D Welcome to Aeclectic, my home away from home. :)

I hope this thread is not an excuse to get me to post my new Fool card... :p

I am really lookingforward to seeing your tarot, from your comments on my stuff it appears that you have a solid background. Which decks/authors have influenced your knowledge of tarot most, or have you learnt in a more intuative way?

*Always good to run into an unexpected friend* :D

patter

kayne said:
Hey Patter! Thought it was you from DeviantArt, as soon as I saw your work! :D Welcome to Aeclectic, my home away from home. :)

I hope this thread is not an excuse to get me to post my new Fool card... :p

I am really lookingforward to seeing your tarot, from your comments on my stuff it appears that you have a solid background. Which decks/authors have influenced your knowledge of tarot most, or have you learnt in a more intuative way?

*Always good to run into an unexpected friend* :D

Well actually your devil card is even better -- but as I said I am starting at the beginning. The deck wioll probably have linkls to greek mythology - fool = icarus, magician = prometheus etc.

I use a 'light and shadow' deck and a minature Rider-Waite. My reader on the topic was mainly done some years ago and so cannot be attributed -- across many traditions!

patter

patter

rota said:
"This time I mean to do it -- the whole deck."

Well, let me be among the first to wish blessings on your endeavor

Thankyou! I just hope I can follow through.

Major Tom

Welcome to the community. :)

You've certainly come to the right place to get feedback and support in your endeavour to create your own tarot deck.

Creating a deck is a marathon - not a sprint. Some of us have been at it for years...

Looks like you've made a good start. :)

patter

Major Tom said:
Welcome to the community. :)

Creating a deck is a marathon - not a sprint. Some of us have been at it for years...

Looks like you've made a good start. :)

Hiya!

Yes well the oil pastels are going on holiday with me which should give me a nice steady first mile with a back-wind. Pastels are great in that they travel well and you can use them when you have a few minutes in between things without needs a lot of set-up and equipment. This does mean I will be away from my scanner and computer for a few weeks, but hopefully with a lot to show for it upon my return! Also there is still another 10 days before the hols start. I want to get at least the magician done in that time. The magician has always been my favourite - my chosen signifier. I am an scientist, teacher and daughter of an engineer (and favorite color=yellow) -- it resonates with me and I must make sure this one is done well!

patter

kayne

Your Fool is great, can't wait to see your magician!
(I will comment on them on DeviantArt, I have DevWatched you so I will be looking forward to seeing more... :D)

temperlyne

I just want to say that I like your version of the fool and I want to thank you for challenging me to take up working on my own deck again. I was just drawing in a chaotic way every image that came to me. But now I just put it all together and am starting from the beginning in a structured way. Otherwise I fear I will get lost among my own ideas. I probably won't be able to keep up with you, but I'll try!