The iTongo Tarot from South Africa

SloughSister

I am so pleased to see this deck, and bless and thank you, AJ, for deciding to get it out there and get it known. The movie was a very nice touch, lovely way to introduce it. As ever ~ I wish there were as many minors shown as majors/courts! This helps me see how deep and solid I think the deck will feel. If and when you have the time, I'd love to see 7or 9 wands, 3 or 4 cups, 4 or 8 of swords, 2 or 7 of pentacles. Good on you for sharing what you love. :heart:

AJ

I kept trying to out wait the US dollar slide and while I was waiting my subscription expired. When Solandia gets up and finds my pennies on her doorstep I will be able to post images again. I'll show those cards for you.
I'm not on a mission to spread the word, but time and time again people have groused about no decks of color, and this is color and historical information bonused!

SloughSister

When Solandia gets up and finds my pennies on her doorstep I will be able to post images again. I'll show those cards for you. I'm not on a mission to spread the word, but time and time again people have groused about no decks of color, and this is color and historical information bonused!

Gotcha. I'm delighted to see the variety, and the research that went into it.

Rootweaver

Born and raised in South Africa until age 45 when I immigrated to Australia, I find (what I see of) this deck to be a refreshing reminder of the wonder and teachings of the African indigenous wisdoms that surrounded me throughout my life. Although, like IHeartTarot, I too grew up as a white African during the apartheid years, the indigenous wisdom and knowledge was therefore not part of my immediate culture. I did however make it my business to learn as much as what I could in the later years before leaving the African continent, despite the deeper knowledge still being largely unavailable to the non-indigenous people of the land. I am thrilled that this deck is available to teach us more of the inner mysteries of what I came to respect as a deeply spiritual and wise people. This deck is most certainly going onto my 'wanted' list. :)

AJ

Beautiful post Jera~ We don't have to be 'of' a world to be a part of it.

additional minors per request :)

Attachments

• iTongo tarot 3 and 4 of Cups 001.jpg
    iTongo tarot 3 and 4 of Cups 001.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 104
  • iTongo tarot 4 and 8 of Swords 001.jpg
    iTongo tarot 4 and 8 of Swords 001.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 108
  • iTongo tarot 7 and 2 of Coins 001.jpg
    iTongo tarot 7 and 2 of Coins 001.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 90
  • iTongo tarot 7 and 9 of Wands 001.jpg
    iTongo tarot 7 and 9 of Wands 001.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 92

SloughSister

Wow! I liked the deck to begin with, but, whoa! Seeing these minors makes me like it tremendously. And what a treat to want to see *certain* minors and, voici, there they are! I had read others' comments about the price; now I need to go off and see how much it is. Onto my wishlist, for sure! :D

ETA Woot!! If I forego one of my normal purchases and save until the next deck-purchasing point, I can get this one. Whee!

nisaba

SAdly, it doesn't really grab me all that much. I think it should - it's got everything I look for in a deck. Perhaps I just have indigestion from eating my brunch too fast over the keyboard. And before I clicked open any images, I thought of my beloved Lukumi - why, I don't know as it's really more Cuban than African. Everything pales before Scapini's work.

Perhaps I won't bolt my breakfast and won't think of the Lukumi, next time I visit this thread.

IheartTarot

Another interview

Another interview with Robyn-Anne Pollard by Jo Crawford has been posted on Crafting the Sacred website here.