The Mary-el Tarot

ol_crazy_Legs

This deck is still in the works but I love the art work. I plan to buy it when im a true tarot beast!

http://www.mary-el.com/

inanna_tarot

ohh pretty

ohhhh very nice! Definately keep my eye open for that one!

And what do you mean when you are a true tarot beast? If you've joined Aeclectic - YOU ARE A TAROT BEAST :p

Sezo
x

ol_crazy_Legs

Beast!

LOL. Ah its just a saying.... beast is like saying Guro. And by meaning that i mean when i know all the cards meanings and can interpret them in the best way possible... right know ive only been doing tarot for about three months. So i still feel somewhat like a newbie.

Ganymede

What a fantastic deck. I love it. I especially like the High Priestess. It is most alluring in a disturbing kind of way. Just the way I like it!

Ganymede

lunakasha

WOW......this is absolutely stunning, and as someone else pointed out, somewhat disturbing...but in a GOOD way!!!

My favorite is the Chariot, with the <<WOLVES>> leading the way!!!

Does anyone have an estimate of when this one will be available?

Thanks!!!
:)) Luna

ol_crazy_Legs

Im not sure.... but i just finished email her asking.

lunakasha

Thanks ol_crazy_legs!!!

This one is definitely on my wish list...I hope it will be out soon (and in my price range).

:D Luna

HudsonGray

She had a baby recently so she's probably behind on her schedule painting the deck. I know the majors are done & many of the minors. She's offering a majors set for sale, if you want to check it out on her site.

Kiama

I gave into my urge a while ago, and bought the 26 card (Majors and 4 Aces) limited edition Mary-el Tarot.

I opened it, and just burst into tears.

Now, there are only two decks that have caused me to do that: the William Blake Tarot of the Creative Imagination, and the Mary-el.

And, as Gandalf says in LOTR the Return of the King: "Not all tears are an evil." I burst into tears because I felt as though Marie White, the creator of the cards, had just looked straight into my soul and saw me there. I saw my soul illustrated on these cards, and I understood them like I had painted them myself.

Now, these cards aren't your nice fluffy-bunny cards. These cards are also not your gothic-darkness cards. They're realistic cards. They may not look like it from some of the illustrations which at times seem fantastical: but it is the symbols they use, and the concepts they convey that are realistic. This deck cuts straight to business, and really does get down to the truth. They are also beautiful beyond words...

This is what my cards would probably look like, if I had that artistic skill and the time to create a deck of my own. My Hanged Man would also have the wounds of the stigmata on his hands (I think that is what they are at least!), for instance.

What charmed me about this deck aswell, is that it is very multi-cultural: it uses Gnostic, Kabbalistic, Pagan, Hindu, Buddhist, etc symbolism in it, aswell as many other systems of symbols.

But for me, it's not an everyday 'What will happen next week?' reading deck. It's a spiritual searching deck, for questions that get right down to the core of the self, to the soul.

I really should get round to reviewing the deck properly, but I somehow cannot find the words that describe what I see in this deck appropriately.

Can you describe true beauty and unwavering truth in accurate words? Answers on a postcard please...

Blessings,

Kiama

Thea Lynx

Well, I'm still waiting for my Mary-el 26 cards to arrive - the reply to my order was long delayed and that was on Jan. 10th - no word since then - but it sounds like she has her hands full these days, so I can be patient a while longer. Now, when the rest of the deck is finished, will those of us with the first 26 be able to just purchase the remainder, or will it be a whole new set? Anyway, it really is worth it - the cards are stunning. William Blake is another deck I have planned for future purchase - I have seen it, but never worked with it. Looks like it will be a challenge

Thea Lynx