The Mary-el Tarot

FearfulSymmetry

Re: bump

lunakasha said:
Any news on when the Mary-el Tarot (78 card deck) will be available???

I would also like to know where I might be able to order the 26-card version....BEAUTIFUL, unusual cards!!!

:) Luna

Thanks Luna!!

The only information I can give you about when the 78 card deck will be available is this: I still have 20 something cards to go and I am currently in a rut! Hopefully once I get past this sticking point things will move along faster. Then once it is done it will be a year or two before it is published. So basically it will be a few more years before it is commercially available.

The 26 card edition can be ordered here:
http://www.mary-el.com/le.html

As soon as I get the minor arcana done I will make a handmade version available to go with the 26 card version, for a complete 78 card deck. I wont make a complete handmade deck available then, so only for people who get the major arcana now. Mostly because it is just too much work and time.

I hope that answers your questions:)

Marie- Mary-el tarot

baba-prague

As some people here probably know, I've become more and more keen on this deck as it's progressed. It's hard to put a finger on exactly, it just feels real and sincere quite apart from anything else (and of course there is LOTS else that's good about it).

So, just to say don't worry about the feeling of being stuck. We all go through this. Honestly, in Prague we thought we would NEVER manage the Knight of Swords. That card simply did not want to come (I think Duke Wallenstein had picked it out for himself and simply messed up any other attempt!) In the end, it is definitely one of our best cards - if you know the story of Wallenstein it works on many levels.

So if you are stuck it may just take a bit of time - and when it comes again, and you do that last 20 or so, you may find those some of your best cards. We can wait! Just take your time until it begins to feel right.

lunakasha

Re: Re: bump

FearfulSymmetry said:
Thanks Luna!!

The only information I can give you about when the 78 card deck will be available is this: I still have 20 something cards to go and I am currently in a rut! Hopefully once I get past this sticking point things will move along faster. Then once it is done it will be a year or two before it is published. So basically it will be a few more years before it is commercially available.

The 26 card edition can be ordered here:
http://www.mary-el.com/le.html

As soon as I get the minor arcana done I will make a handmade version available to go with the 26 card version, for a complete 78 card deck. I wont make a complete handmade deck available then, so only for people who get the major arcana now. Mostly because it is just too much work and time.

I hope that answers your questions:)

Marie- Mary-el tarot

Thanks, Marie!!!

I will probably be ordering the 26-card set in the near future....I am glad to hear that they are still available...love the bags that are included, by the way! :D

Please, take your time as baba suggested.....these things cannot, and should not be rushed....I am sure that once the juices start flowing again, there will be no stopping you!!!

Heck, you may even get started on a NEW deck...you never know!

Best wishes to you....

:) Luna

rabble

These are all such stunningly beautiful images!

This might sound like a really silly question, but what are cards like when they're laminated?

I have only one handmade deck, and it's not laminated, and the others I have are all commercial editions.
I would love to order one of these limited edition decks, but I'd like to know what they're going to feel/look like.

xviiirkna

rabble said:
I would love to order one of these limited edition decks, but I'd like to know what they're going to feel/look like.

Hi rabble,

Of all the handmade decks in my collection, Marie's deck is one of the nicest in overall quality that I own. The cards are rather stiff and don't bend - the lamination make them very smooth and glossy. Marie trims the lamination down to the edge of the card so there is not clear plastic border of lamination encapsulating the card. There is a handstamped inset for the back design which is quite lovely.

If you are strongly moved by the images you see online, I would highly recommend ordering the cards. The Mary El Tarot is without a doubt one of the most intensely beautiful decks that I own.

Blessings,
Sally Anne

Cerulean

It is astonishingly beautiful and fits

in the best way.

I mean astonishing because when I look at the designs, they all fit in the theme and seem wholly unique. Even though time that has passed, it has that smooth siren song that makes me think of an unfolding, whole vision...I'd love to buy more cards as is, because some of my favorite cards include the two of cups and others on the website, but not available now...

Ah well!

I'm glad to see this thread revived.

Take care and here's hoping for more...

Cerulean

Mesara

Beautiful cards! I especially like the one with the naked man. Think I will have to buy them.....

rabble

I ordered mine this morning :)