The Mysterious Island of Forbidden Treasure

Padma

I'm glad I bet on the pencil! I knew there was a reason I hesitated. ;)

Way to go, Starri! :love:

So this isn't off topic, Mycroft, are we allowed to guess several times, or just the once...?

Debra

Using only my fabulous intuition, I divine that the much-coveted fabulous item is a divinatory tool, to wit: a vodka martini shaken not stirred in an appropriately shaped glass, for scrying.

Mycroft

So this isn't off topic, Mycroft, are we allowed to guess several times, or just the once...?
Yes, multiple entries are allowed, you can have as many goes as you like.

Mycroft

Using only my fabulous intuition, I divine that the much-coveted fabulous item is a divinatory tool, to wit: a vodka martini shaken not stirred in an appropriately shaped glass, for scrying.
Now I like that answer! "No, I am not getting drunk - I'm trying an advanced scrying technique."
But who, pray tell, is our marooned celebrity?

GotH

I'm going to take another go at this. I used Google as divination source and came up with......

Celebrity: Aleister Crowley

Divination Tool: Quija Board

Did I get half of it right at least? :D

Mycroft

Now this is more like it! A precise methodology and a clear idea of purpose all worked out in advance yields;
.. a giant novelty PENCIL!!!! :bugeyed: A 15 inch long pencil, covered in colorful smiley faces...Starri Knytes!!! I am seriously impressed...
Now I've managed to set up a psychic communication link with our celebrity on the island, using an etheric vortex to tap into the fabulous divinatory tool. The celebrity was also very impressed (after some initial confusion because they only heard "Giant novelty.....15 inches.....covered in smilies....") Anyway our celebrity feels that Starri should receive some recognition for winning the 'What's the large novelty item hidden in Prudence's drawer?' competition, so we'll sort that out later.
.. a crystal ball. Or perhaps a pendulum made from quartz crystal.
Slightly firmer ground here I feel, and good to see the "I'll have two goes for the price of one" tactic being employed again in this thread.
...the guy who played Ming the Merciless....the dude who played Flash Gordon...
Wouldn't it be great if it turned out be one of them! "You know - what's his name, that bloke in that film, he always plays baddies, you know who I mean - don't you?" I can confirm that our celebrity is a name that should be known by most people, they are Big League and internationally famous (well more famous than the bloke who played Ming the Merciless anyway.)
about the oracles...make-believe oracles, pretend oracles, invisible oracles etc etc are perfectly okay here...it's just the real oracles that may complicate matters. ;)
You are not going to be popular with the National Cartomancers Association when they see you've been saying that the 'Lifeguard Oracle Cards' are all in their imagination!

Mycroft

I'm going to take another go at this. I used Google as divination source and came up with......
Celebrity: Aleister Crowley
Divination Tool: Quija Board
Did I get half of it right at least? :D
Well, Uncle Al died in 1947, and the celebrity we're looking for is still alive, so you can probably draw your own conclusions here. I've never actually heard of a Quija Board I must admit, is it anything like a Ouija Board?

GotH

Well, Uncle Al died in 1947, and the celebrity we're looking for is still alive, so you can probably draw your own conclusions here. I've never actually heard of a Quija Board I must admit, is it anything like a Ouija Board?

LOL ... Uhmmm... I withdraw both submissions due to someone taking a dirt nap AND spelling errors. I need a regular nap.

Starri Knytes

Okay, this was very funny, to me anyway....

With my left hand I reached, eyes closed, into the junk drawer, to answer the question of who is the lone surviving celebrity....and I pulled out a giant novelty PENCIL!!!! :bugeyed: A 15 inch long pencil, covered in colorful smiley faces. (hot pink, purple, yellow, blue and green smiley faces, to be precise) Well done, Starri Knytes!!! I am seriously impressed.

The was fun! I would play, 'Guess what's in the junk drawer' anytime!

My Monopoly horse was also molded out pewter, kinda close to pressed out of tin, in a metal sort of way.

Don'tyathink :wink:wink:

I'm glad I bet on the pencil! I knew there was a reason I hesitated. ;)

Way to go, Starri! :love:

Thank You! Yet another Boobie Prize :giggles: I wonder how many I have to collect before I can trade them up to the Grand Prize

[size=+2]Oh! I LIKE THIS![/size] :heart:

Now this is more like it! A precise methodology and a clear idea of purpose all worked out in advance yields;Now I've managed to set up a psychic communication link with our celebrity on the island, using an etheric vortex to tap into the fabulous divinatory tool. The celebrity was also very impressed (after some initial confusion because they only heard "Giant novelty.....15 inches.....covered in smilies....") Anyway our celebrity feels that Starri should receive some recognition for winning the 'What's the large novelty item hidden in Prudence's drawer?' competition, so we'll sort that out later.

I think one of those Vodka Martini Divining Tools would make an excellent Boobie Prize.

Mycroft

I think one of those Vodka Martini divining tools would make an excellent boobie prize.
Yes I agree. But you may have to prepare yourself for the postman's look when he delivers the 15 inch round-shaped parcel stamped "With love from Prudence."