The Mysterious Island of Forbidden Treasure

moonbear

Can't yet figure out the celebrity but a huge pearl/crystal ball came to mind.

A Russian connection. Could the celebrity be Russian? Someone well known for his charitable works. Bob Geldoff? Name sounds sort of Russian lol. Rags to riches story. Someone very wealthy who donates a lot to charity. Maybe runs a charitable foundation.

The treasure on the island is worth a lot of money and I'm still sticking with the huge pearl/crystal ball idea but really haven't a clue :laugh:

peacewing

Is the celebrity internationally known? Maybe with a little gossip/drama around them?

Dowsing?

edit: Astral travel, some kind of seeing, being lead?

Mycroft

Is the celebrity internationally known? Maybe with a little gossip/drama around them?
Yes this celeb is internationally known, and there's always a bit of drama and controversy with this one.

Can't yet figure out the celebrity...Bob Geldof...
A very interesting choice, Saint 'Sir' Bob and with a
...huge pearl/crystal ball...
Umm, Bob certainly knows all about scrying and remote viewing, is he a contender?

Well, this 'Lady' has phoned in and offered herself as a picture clue for our celebrity,

ids1.jpg

and for the fabulous divination tool, is that a crystal ball, or something similar? Just why did Ian Fleming choose that number for the Queen's most famous spy?

tfnh.jpg

So, as we count down towards the 'Big Reveal' let's take a moment to prepare our acceptance speeches as we say thank you to the participants, by dishing out some awards that are really worth having;

'Best new concept for a divining tool' Award
Debra

'Show Me The Money!" Award
Emiliy

'Should have read the rules and used a smell-checker' Award
Goddessofthehunter

'Anime Kamahahama Flash - aaah haaa!' Award
Lotus Padma

'Sleezeball Novelty Company's MVP' Award
Metafizzypop

'Vive La France' Award
moonbear

'Posted just in time to get an award' Award
peacewing

'Ming The Merciless' Giant Novelty Pencil' Award
prudence

'Ooh Saucy! Wicked, You're Wicked!' Award
starchaser1277

'What's the large novelty item hidden in Prudence's drawer?' Award
Starri Knytes

'Who's Sam Trevor, and why's he in this thread?' Award
zannamarie

prudence

Oh, Mycroft, you crafty crafty man....I cannot make heads or tales of your clues, I am utterly clueless.

But I am enjoying this immensely.

There must be a car in this somewhere. Is it the divination tool? I dunno. (ie the number chosen for the queen's most famous spy)

Who is that lady actress?? When I hover my mouse over her image, it does not tell me anything. I don't recognize her either, so it's hard to see how she is important to this exercise.

Padma

Yay! I got an award! :party:

The lady in the pic looks like a man dressed as a lady...?

The 007 clue reminds me of eyes, and of a camera shutter...

*darn* I have run out of Kamahahama flash power! :mad:

I need to think on this some more.

And I second Prudence, this is FUN! :D Thanks, Mycroft! :love:

Starri Knytes

Final answer..
Ann Bancroft and a Mirror

GotH

Oh yeaa.. I'm so prowd of my aword. :rolleyes:

moonbear

Trying to get the connection between Alastair Sim and St Trinians and I think your clues are making this worse, Mycroft :laugh:

So, are we looking for a cross dressing celebrity? A Transvestite celebrity? Someone who was a man who became a woman? Or is this about male actor who played a female role? Dustin Hoffman? Now you can tell I'm waayyy out of touch if he's the only one I can come up with.

Mind you 'she' is wearing pearls I see so maybe I'm right there.
ps I ended up googling Alastair Sim, St Trinians, Arthur Dayley, Searle, etc and spent far longer on a 007 site than I should have (did you know that 007 has a Russian connection :) ?)

So I am right. Pearls, and a Russian cross dressing actor.
I just don't have the name yet.

moonbear

I'm completely hooked on this :mad:

Elton John (for obvious reasons) and for the divining tool I got candle (Candle in the Wind) but then that has absolutely nothing to do with 007.

Off to do more research/divining/psychic meditation.