The Mysterious Island of Forbidden Treasure

Debra

Ding Ding Ding

I think it's Kristin Bell. Or maybe Joshua Bell.

The photo is of the late Alastair George Bell Sim playing the Headmistress in the Belles of St. Trinians.

This was divined using Modern Bibliomancy, the Google Search.

I tried Martini Skrying and it worked perfectly but alas like the Oracle at Delphi once the trance has passed I cannot remember what transpired. Perhaps it is my own inexperience with Martini Skrying. I shall experiment further and report back.

Mycroft

It's all beginning to make sense now. That guy who played Ming The Merciless was actually a cross-dressing Russian spy who married Elton John and changed his name to Anna Kournikova (Elton loves his tennis) - so I'm guessing the answer's David Furnish, on the island with a flash-light? Actually that doesn't make any sense - this is all Greek to me!

w3ii.jpg

"I'd do anything for love, But I'm not doing that!"

Let's try again. Alistair Sim starred in the ORIGINAL "Belles of St Trinians" but our celebrity is still alive! One of his co-stars was George Cole who is most famous as Arthur Daley. Aleister Crowley and Arthur Edward Waite were featured in our original scenario and now we have Alistair Sim and Arthur Daley resonating them (planting subliminal clues is a lot harder than it looks you know.) Let's put Arthur in a slightly bigger font and see what happens.

n5rt.jpg

"Stand on me moonbear - the world is your lobster!"

Final answer...Ann Bancroft and a Mirror
So you don't want to phone a friend, or go 50-50? Any particular mirror you have in mind? The science of sending concealed messages is known as Steganography, which is Greek for "concealed writing". Cryptography is the Greek for "hidden writing" where encrypted messages hide the meaning, rather than the message itself.

zannamarie

The greatest divination tool of all--Google--indicates the 007 part is related to eyeglasses which got me thinking about glass eyes. Instead of the magic 8 ball, we have the magic Eye Ball! Here's looking at you, kid! ;)

My guesses on the celebrity keep turning up dead people so no new guess at this time.

zannamarie

George Cole played Flash Harry in Belles of St Trinians which goes with the Flash clue. Cole is still alive.

I think I'm to the point of trying too hard so no more guessing for now. :p

Starri Knytes

I knew that I should have simply said 'Ann' .

"Dammit"

But 'Ann Bancroft' popped into my head, funny I have no idea who that is
and, No I didn't Google it
A round scrying mirror, I don't know specifically. If you have a famously used one in mind I would have no idea. I'm not a movie aficionados as you are.

Starri Knytes

No time! You'll have to do it for me, I'm on my way to the office.

peacewing

Obsidian scrying mirror?

Wish I knew enough pop culture and celebrities to figure out the celebrity....

Mycroft

Obsidian scrying mirror
We're just inches from the tape now, The obsidian scrying mirror of ** **** ***?
No time! You'll have to do it for me, I'm on my way to the office.
I already know what it is, might look a bit suspicious if I post the correct answer and then declare myself the winner. I will award myself an award while I'm here though, seeing as how everybody else has already got one;

'Completely forgot it's non-card divination in here' Award
Mycroft

Starri Knytes

Anyway you know the psychic snob that I am, I wouldn't feel I'd really gotten it if I had to use Google. ffffffftt