The Mysterious Island of Forbidden Treasure

peacewing

I love my award! I will treasure it.

I thought of my round obsidian piece that I have.

Hmmm.

John Dee, the famous obsidian piece of?

Has to be John Dee. The way I got my dowsing answer was a little bibliomancy and the passage was about an angel leading men over the earth. I think its a clue instead toward Enochian Magick... John Dee... Obsidian scrying mirror!?!?

Mycroft

Anyway you know the psychic snob that I am, I wouldn't feel I'd really gotten it if I had to use Google.
Then you'd better look the other way when they launch;

"Google Divination - A new and fun way for you and your family to improve your connectivity to the next world.
Sign up for Google Spirit+ now, and you'll all be manifesting ethereal entities in no time!"

Starri Knytes

Then you'd better look the other way when they launch;

"Google Divination - A new and fun way for you and your family to improve your connectivity to the next world.
Sign up for Google Spirit+ now, and you'll all be manifesting ethereal entities in no time!"

:rofl:rofl:rofl:

Mycroft

John Dee, the famous obsidian piece of?
Has to be John Dee. The way I got my dowsing answer was a little bibliomancy and the passage was about an angel leading men over the earth. I think its a clue instead toward Enochian Magick... John Dee... Obsidian scrying mirror!?!?

The obsidian scrying mirror of Dr John Dee? The one that's in the British Museum? The one that he and Edward Kelly used in the 'Angelic Communications'? Well, it's got to be a strong contender, mainly because it's the correct answer!

xm43.jpg

"Magic's Greatest Secrets Finally Revealed"

http://www.britishmuseum.org/explore/highlights/highlight_objects/pe_mla/d/dr_dees_mirror.aspx
http://www.britishmuseum.org/explore/highlights/highlight_objects/pe_mla/d/dr_dees_magic.aspx

Stand by for another award peacewing!

Padma

ooo! Congrats, Peacewing! Nice piece of deduction there!

Afraid I am out of the running - I don't know enough about actors - but still enjoying watching the Mycroft Show :)

Mycroft

...but still enjoying watching the Mycroft Show :)
Thanks LP, anyone who has Tintin's Snowy as their avatar is okay in my book!

Let's wrap up how James Bond 007 being the Queen's most famous spy relates to John Dee - it's because Dee used a signia that looks like 007 to show that he was the secret eyes or spy of Queen Elizabeth 1, and James Bond 007 is a spy working for Queen Elizabeth 2;

So, let's finish off the (no longer mysterious) fabulous divinatory tool part with the crowning of our champion;

Mysterious Island - Ultimate Survivor 2014
(Fabulous Divinatory Tool Section)

peacewing

And now, Ladies and Gentleman, pray silence - a documentary featuring Alan Moore is making it's way into the thread;

But what about our still as yet 'unmasked' celebrity?

zannamarie

I must admit I've never heard of this guy (or don't recall if I had), but google-sleuthing has led me to believe it is

Russell Brand

Wikipedia says:
"In 2007, he had his first major film role in St Trinian's." (He played Flash Harry in it.)
"He played the title character of the 2011 film Arthur."
"Brand has received significant media coverage for controversies..."

Mycroft

Fun-loving scamp Russell Brand? The man who's hosted the VMAs a couple of times? Who played Flash in St. Trinian's, starred alongside Jonah Hill in Get Him to the Greek and played the title role in Arthur?

Well, let's go over live to the dockside where the Pixie Smith Lifeboat has just delivered our celebrity into the safe hands of a waiting group of Aeclectic moderators,

b78t.jpg

"I knew we'd get to the bottom of it eventually!"

Yes it is Russell, and he's so delighted at being rescued that he and a friend have decided to present the award personally,

Mysterious Island - Ultimate Survivor 2014
(Celebrity Unmasking Section)

zannamarie

c0bh.jpg

"If she starts singing - I'm off!"

Starri Knytes

I thought the person was Anna?!?
Guess I should read ALL of the words.
I :heart: her too btw

Mycroft

A help-desk will be in operation for the next 48 hours where you will be able to post such questions such as;

"I still don't understand this"
"Where does Elton John come into it exactly?"
"Is this guy the next James Bond then?"
"How was 'Flash - aaah haaa!' a clue? I don't follow that!"
"I don't follow this at all!"
"Was the answer not Tom Hanks then?"
"I'm still puzzled about the James Bond bit"
"I never do very well on these"
"I liked the bit about the Junk drawer"
"This makes less sense now than it did before!"

That's the end of
'The Mysterious Island of Forbidden Treasure'