The New Universe Cards

jackdaw*

Leo62 said:
As for the Quantum Tarot, sorry about the long delay, but I can tell you that we are in negotiations to produce a majors-only version in the next couple of months...I'll let you know more once everything has been finalised ;)
Best of luck!

room

Leo62 said:
I'm interested in the Photoshop comments - these images have been a lot less "photoshopped" than our Quantum Tarot images, which were never commented on in that way.

I never commented but I feel the same way about the Quantum Tarot.

Sophie

I like the second version, but only if I don't think of it as an improvement or a replacement - but as a different deck in its own right. The changes are profound enough for the deck to be considered another deck.

The original is one of my favourite oracle decks. I have always loved space exploration and photography, and I was so enchanted to find out that an oracle had been made out of the Hubble photos. So I shall definitely be keeping that one and continuing my work with it.

But as I said, the other one has its charm. It is more readable without the help of the book, I can imagine.

I would call it something else, though. Because to me, the Universe Cards will always be the original cards.

Leo62

LittleBuddha said:
Is this final version the one that I saw in person? Or have you changed it since then?
LB - it's the same one you saw at the last London meetup :)

As for the idea of changing the name - it's a good suggestion, but my initial gut response would be no. Structurally it's the same deck and the book and the essential card meanings haven't changed.

Well. I never imagined this kind of response. I guess in the end - as with all decks - you either like it or you don't. Everything else is rationalisation. Now I guess I'll go and hide under a rock...

lunakasha

Leo62 said:
Well. I never imagined this kind of response. I guess in the end - as with all decks - you either like it or you don't. Everything else is rationalisation. Now I guess I'll go and hide under a rock...

Nooooo don't do that!!! Some of us really do like the new version....I don't see why we can't enjoy both decks, or at least speaking for myself, I would appreciate being able to read with the new edition. And I find the new images very interesting and beautiful...."photoshoppy" or not, I LIKE 'em!!!!

:D Luna

jackdaw*

No, no no no no no! Don't go hide! They are lovely, Leo62. Comparing the two versions is not quite apples and oranges, but is certainly two different types of apples! I did say I preferred the original cards, but that's entirely based on scans I've seen of both, as I don't have my copy yet.

And most importantly, they're YOUR cards. Do what you want with them, and Devil take the hindmost })

Little Baron

I don't think I have seen the original cards. Just the second version.

Huredriel and I watched Leo give a reading to Sinner with them and they had a lot of scope; we all pulled out different and interesting perceptions from the three cards there.

Generally, looking through them in person, I thought they were lovely. Actually, lovely isn't the right word. There was depth to them and I think they would be very interesting to use over time.

Regardless of not seeing the other set, I for one, really like this new version.

LB

Leo62

Thanks for your kind comments folks :)

I guess I'm such a "proud parent" of the new version that I hadn't envisaged anyone else might feel differently! Pretty shortsighted I guess...

And it's great to hear that people have such a strong attachment to the original - when you create something, you have a relationship with it, but once it's out there, you kinda forget that other people have a relationship with it too.