The red violin

Alex

Did any of you watch the movie "the red violin?.
What spread and deck does the old lady use?
Thanks
Alex.

Jenny-Li

Nope, sorry.

But you got me curious - who made this movie, what country is it from - I think I have heard about it, and that it was from someone recommending it, but now I can't remember... What's it about, and was it good?

Light and love,
Jenny :)

Kissa

there's an earlier thread about this movie and the deck used in it, i guess it is in "tarot decks" from the old forum maybe ? I am going to try and find + bump it for you.

Kissa

bladeraven

The movie was fantastic..I love how they interwove the reading with the events that had happen.

MeM

Great Question! This was a fabulous movie!

Sulis

Tarot Totes has a page about tarot in the movies and in TV.

The Red Violin is listed but sadly there is no information about which deck was used.

http://www.tarottotes.com/item.asp?iid=42 Scroll down the page a little.

Love

Sulis xx

WolfyJames

You can get many informations about the movie here:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0120802/?fr=c2l0ZT1kZnxzZz0xfHR0PW9ufHBuPTB8cT1SZWQgVmlvbGlufG14PTIwfGxtPTIwMHxodG1sPTE_;fc=1;ft=14

You can read there:

"Cesca's Tarot deck appears to have been specially designed for the film. The five cards drawn are all Major Arcana and resemble the Tarot of Marseilles in design, except that the devil holds one prisoner instead of two on the Devil card, and the Chinese flag is discernible behind the figure in the Justice card."

I love the movie and I'm proud of the movies we make.

ElfantPup

I was just looking at the same site as WolfyJames (imdb.com), which is a good place to get a lot of info about any movie, by the way. I saw The Red Violin when it was in theaters (1998/1999) and knew nothing about Tarot at the time. I really loved the movie and I recommend it. Imdb.com lists as a goof that the tarot-reading takes place in 1683 before the cards were actually used for divination. The Tarot-reading aspect may not be completely accurate (I don't know), but this is one worth seeing.

TemperanceAngel

I just heard about this film recently, but have not seen it. It's on my must see list :D

firemaiden

I loved the movie, but have absolutely no recollection of any tarot reading in it. Isn't that funny? I guess it is because I saw it before I knew anything about tarot.