The Tarot of Vampyres

MrAndrewJ

I think I like the vampires in this deck for the same reason I dislike most vampire movies, tv shows, books, or whatever.

These ones actually eat people and mean business.

No day walking. Very few pale-faced cherubs. No biker-jacket wearing thug with fangs at some badly named goth bar. It's not a fantasy self-image depiction of vampires. These are people turning or fully turned into real monsters.

I recall the book even placing a lot of emphasis on transformation as well.

As far as a deck to read with -- I need to more. I don't give myself any time to stop and think, which is typically an indication that I should take more time than usual. Maybe I'll head off right now and give it another go.

WolfyJames

Unfortunately my main deck got wet, really really wet, and is now ruined. It's a good thing I had bought a backup copy that I will be able to use, I'm just waiting for the bag to dry. Now I have to buy another copy just in case.

Never feel guilty about buying backup decks. Never!!!

lasciel

This is my favourite deck, even though it's taking me a while to get through the companion book due to the sheer amount of detail. I love these traditionalist, gothic vampires so much!

Cheshire

As soon as my tax back makes an entrance into my bank account, I am buying this deck and the Vampire Tarot.

I'm not that big on vampires in tarot (apart from the Gothic Tarot, which is beautiful) but both these decks are stunning

Eyebright

Cheshire this deck is absolutely stunning! I have it and the artwork is beautiful, and the book is excellent. It's written really well.
Infact thinking about it, I don't know why I don't read with this deck more often!

Le Fanu

Cheshire this deck is absolutely stunning! I have it and the artwork is beautiful, and the book is excellent. It's written really well.
Infact thinking about it, I don't know why I don't read with this deck more often!
*sigh*. Ok, I'm making a note. Deck to dig out this week; the Vampyres. To try again. Just to see how I find it now that all the hype of last year has died down.

Elendil

*sigh*. Ok, I'm making a note. Deck to dig out this week; the Vampyres. To try again. Just to see how I find it now that all the hype of last year has died down.

That's EXACTLY what I am doing in the Deck for a Week thread!

Eyebright

I like coming back to a deck once the masses have moved on to the, "next big thing". Its like now all the noise has died down, you can hear the deck more clearly. Look at it without the preconceptions that everyone else has given it.

I love the colouring of this deck, dark and atmospheric with bright pops of colour here and there. Also I like the size and cardstock, I find it shuffles beautifully. Plus the book is really well written, always a plus.

I look forward to reading anything you write about it on your blog Le Fanu!

Le Fanu

I like coming back to a deck once the masses have moved on to the, "next big thing". Its like now all the noise has died down, you can hear the deck more clearly. Look at it without the preconceptions that everyone else has given it.
So true! I realise this more and more.
I love the colouring of this deck, dark and atmospheric with bright pops of colour here and there. Also I like the size and cardstock, I find it shuffles beautifully. Plus the book is really well written, always a plus.

I look forward to reading anything you write about it on your blog Le Fanu!
AND I have a beautiful Sulis Corpse Bride bag which helps the deck look its best. I think this may well be my next daily draw deck...Isn't it funny.. midsummer heat and we all dive for the dark decks...Some of our souls are always craving darkness and night!