Using a pendulum to find my lost cat

Riversea

First off, let me say, this story has a happy ending so far.

I woke up early this morning, and shuffled into the bathroom. The first thing that I noticed was that my cat Molly, who had taken to sleeping on the windowsill in there, wasn't there.

My first thought was that she had found a new "cool" place to sleep. Then I noticed that the screen was ajar. Now, my bathroom is on the second floor of my house; really with the basement, it is more like 2 1/2 stories from the window to the ground.

Molly likes to rest on narrow railings and such, only then she falls asleep and ends up usually dangling or completely falling off. (She is not the brightest crayon in the box, but she's cute.) It didn't take long for my sleep-fogged brain to add everything up and snap fully awake.

I looked out the window, but didn't see her anywhere. So, then I hurried downstairs. She didn't appear to be in the house, and she wasn't on the front porch waiting to be let in. I should mention this is a 10 year old cat, who has lived inside her entire life (zero survival skills... and she's dumb.)

I climbed up into the yard under the window, not an easy task! The screen fell when I looked out the window for Molly, so I retrived it, and I looked around at the near by bushes and vines. No Molly. I went into the backyard. Still no Molly.

My next move was to go and wander around the block, calling for her. I didn't want to call too loudly since it was still before 7 a.m. No Molly, though I did see many other cats.

I went back home, and got my pedulum. I started asking it if she was in the house (no), was she alive (yes), can I find her (yes), will I find her (yes), is she south of me (no), east (no), west (yes), north (yes). I also lit some insense in front of my Bast statuette, and asked for her help.

I decided to go out on the deck which overlooks my backyard and call for her. I thought I heard some faint meows, but I wasn't sure if it was wishful thinking or if I was hearing my other cats meowing at me through the patio door. I called some more, but couldn't hear anymore meows.

I walked around the block again, going further out this time to the west, but didn't see anything. I went back to the house again, to call my work and let them know that I wasn't coming in.

I then decided to look on the block to the east of me, even though the pedulum had said no. I had it with me at this point. I stopped to ask if she was on this block (no), am I pointed the right direction (no). But I wasn't trusting it, and I was beginning to really feel like I wasn't going to find her. So, I continued around the block.

I headed back west, past the block where my house sits, got to the edge of a church property. I stopped there. My gut was telling me to go home. I'd had this feeling almost all the time I was looking for her, but since I'd already looked in the backyard, I wasn't listening very well. But by the time I got to the churchyard, I was feeling rather hopeless and lost about what to do next. So, I decide to look again at home.

I was really hoping that she would just by on the porch when I came back, and when she wasn't, my heart sank. But my gut kept saying, go back to deck and call again. So I did.

This time, I knew I heard meowing, and it was definately in response to my calling. Every "Molly" was followed by a meow. I still couldn't see her though, so I climbed back into the sideyard. It took me moment to spot her, since she was crouched back in the blackberry vines under the deck. (Did I mention what a bad gardener I am? The backyard is pretty overgrown with weeds)

She did come out to me without much coaxing. She was wet and dirty. It turns out that when I was calling for her on the deck, I was almost directly over her. I don't know which of us was the more relieved.

I took to the vet, who seemed to think that she looked good considering she fell two stories. She wasn't even limping. He was actually more concerned about the fact she is allergic to fleas, and treated her for that.

I do have her shut away from the other cats right now. Since they are strictly indoor cats, they haven't had their shots. I'm a bit worried that she might have been exposed to something, and, if so, I don't want endanger the others. She might also just like being left alone for a bit. Sometimes, the others pick on her.

But the pendulum was right. Molly was northwest from my position when I asked, by a few feet. It gave me a wrong answer to one of my questions when I was outside, but I was also feeling kind of shy about using it on the street corner and trying to sneek a peek at it. So, it might have been a case of "user error".

When I got home from the vet, I lit more insense and thanked Bast for her help.

This was the first time I really seriously used my pendulum. I think it worked well. I am also pleased that I was able to tune into my gut feelings about her location.

So, hopefully this will continue to be a happy ending. It looks good so far. And it was an interesting, though scary and unpleasent, experiment in tuning into intution.

zorya

thank you for sharing your pendulum story. :) i'm so happy it had such a happy ending and that molly is fine.

jlbvt

Give Molly a hug for me! ((Molly)) I hope she's ok, no aches and pains from the fall. I'm glad your intuition and your pendulum helped track her down- it sounds like her meowing was so quiet that if you didn't get close enough, you might not have heard her. Now, what will you do about the window where she sleeps? Do you think she will still try to sleep there?

Joan

chu-shel

flower remedy for cat

I'm SO glad you found your cat and that she is O.K. Do you ever use Flower Remedies for your cats? I have several cats and have found that they respond very well indeed. My suggestion would be to try Rescue Remedy, Star of Bethlehem, or Arnica. All of these would help her to recover fom the fear and trauma of her experience. Cats don't do well with alchohol and most remedies are preserved with alchohol, so try a few drops in her water bowl or make a dosage bottle of spring water with a few drops of the chosen Remedy added. Best of luck to both of you!!

lark

Riversea I'm so glad Molly is safe.
And that you had such success with your pendulum.
I've been shopping for one ...
Would you mind telling me what yours is made of and how it looks.
Did you buy it or make it yourself?

Flavio

Re: flower remedy for cat

chu-shel said:
I'm SO glad you found your cat and that she is O.K. Do you ever use Flower Remedies for your cats? I have several cats and have found that they respond very well indeed

I have also used flower remedies for cats and dogs, and the best part is they work! maybe some drops for Riversea are also in order, you both had an ugly experience, I'm glad to read you are together again :)

Riversea

Molly continues to do well. Thanks for all the good wishes. She's been rather talkative today. I guess she has a lot to say!

I don't know what I'm going to do about the window. Right now we are having cooler temps. It may be that I won't need to open any windows for the remainder of the summer.

Whether or not she'll still want to sleep on the windowsill, it is hard to say. She rotates where she likes to sleep every few days, so that place might have been on the wane as it was.

I've used Rescue Remedy on another of my cats. Lately, he pants when he gets excited, and I've been worried that it is a sign of anxiety over the fact that his daddy (my husband) moved out of the house. I've been slipping it to him in his food. I ran out of Resue Remedy a couple of days ago, may be I can pick-up some tomorrow. I hadn't thought about giving some to Molly. It's a good idea.

I bought my pendulum off of eBay a little over a year ago from SRgoddess. It is made of sterling silver, lapis, moonstone, rose quartz, and amethyst. The drop is clear quarts. Here is a link.
http://srgoddess.tripod.com/id5.html

It is the Stobie Piel pendulum pictured about half-way down the page. I know a few other Aeclectins have bought pendulums from SRgoddess. I've been very pleased with mine (even before yesterday!) and the price wasn't bad at all. I stumbled across it on eBay, and it had all the crystals that I wanted in a pendulum. So I got it! And I love it! :)

lark

Originally posted by Riversea
I bought my pendulum off of eBay a little over a year ago from SRgoddess. It is made of sterling silver, lapis, moonstone, rose quartz, and amethyst. The drop is clear quarts. Here is a link.
http://srgoddess.tripod.com/id5.html

It is the Stobie Piel pendulum pictured about half-way down the page. I know a few other Aeclectins have bought pendulums from SRgoddess. I've been very pleased with mine (even before yesterday!) and the price wasn't bad at all. I stumbled across it on eBay, and it had all the crystals that I wanted in a pendulum. So I got it! And I love it! :)
Yes those are the ones I'm looking at.
Yours is beautiful!
There are so many beautiful ones to chose from.....
I like the rose quartz and peridot one.
But also the one with the smokey quartz drop is very nice.
And the amethyst with the herkimer diamond inside very unusual.
I keep going back and looking because I can't make up my mind. :)

Riversea

I'm being really tempted by the jet and amber one.

I love the combination of the orange and black. I have charm bracelet that I bought from eBay seller Strega2 a couple of years back. It is amber and jet beads with silver charms of tiny pentacles, a bell, book, and a candle. I only take it off if I'm going to have my hands in something I don't want to get on the bracelet. I wore it so much, I wore through the silver headpins and had to replace them.

It is kind of interesting, even though I work with the public, only about three or four people have wanted to see it closer. I've been worried the fact that were pentacles on it would offend people. The last was a few weeks back, when a couple of young women wanted to know what was on it. I admitted to them that I was a pagan, and they seemed cool with it. They even liked the bracelet. Granted, here in Oregon, folks probably think I'm just a big Oregon State University booster, since the school colors are orange and black. And I did go there. :)

I need to remember that I really don't need another pendulum (at least right now!) and can't really afford it anyway. Maybe I can convince a friend to get it for my birthday in October! :) It's Halloweeny, right?

lark

Yup very holloweeny. :)
But I'd go for it quick if you want it.
I just went back and the Rose Quartz and Peridot is gone. :(
I wonder if she does special orders?