venus conjuncting pluto

BrightEye

i'm absolutely green when it comes to astrology, so i could do with some help here. a friend of mine did a relationship chart for me a while ago. she said that my venus conjuncts the other person's pluto, which apparently means it's a karmic relationship and it's extremely hard to cut ties with each other. since i really do find it hard to step away from this person, i was wondering whether this venus conjuncting pluto actually works both ways or is it just me because it's my venus?

dadsnook2000

A brief comment

I will be covering this in the Planets and Partners series in awhile, but for now lets just say that Pluto (generally) tends to rule and control Venus, seeking to redefine, change, and control the relationship. While there are or can be positive aspects to this conjunction, Venus often is the one who pays the price. It is not one of the more comfortable relationships between charts. Dave

stardancer

I agree. Unless you enjoy the more seamier side to a relationship, or can intelligently channel obsessive compulsive behaviors, it's a more difficult conjunction. If there is a need to change a behavior (ex: drug addiction), this aspect can make that change possible, but there is always a sense of one person over the other, trying to make transformations. There is a need to change the other.

On the other hand, Pluto can make your sex life much more interesting by injecting a lot of passion and sexual games into it.

I have also found heavy Pluto connections to be icy at times. The Pluto person may totally convince you, you don't exist. There alway seems to be extremes involved. Synastry also depends on how evolved a person is generally. Or how well they take to relationships. If the other is immature, or undeveloped emotionally, for whatever reason, this type of conjunction would probably make matters worse.

But, yes, I think there is a compulsion attached to Pluto, although I think Saturn has more to do with karma and past ties.

BrightEye

thanks for your replies.

dadsnook, when would you be discussing this in your thread?

stardancer, this is us word for word (except that we're not sexually involved). what i'm wondering is: is the compulsion i feel also felt by the other person? ie is venus obsessing more about pluto or pluto about venus? as you say they can convince you that you don't exist.

it's strange you talk of transformation. in my recent tarot readings the tower and death have been regulars. would that have anything to do with the conjunction?

dadsnook2000

For BrightEye

It will probably be another couple of months before we get there. I'm taking the pace of this series a little more slowly as the summer months leading into fall (in the northern hemisphere) are often quite busy for everybody. I want to give everyone time to participate as well as to not dominate the astrology forum with my threads. We have a number of exciting topics going forward right now. Dave

rainwolf

I think another reason underlying venus being controlled is that pluto is the ruler of scorpio, and venus is detriment in scorpio. I have both conjunct in my natal chart, in scorpio. I usually try to get into deep relationships with people, even not romantically. It means so much more to me having a few good good friends than many non serious friends. That is a natal interpretation however, but you get the gist of it.

Hope you join the series

stardancer

BrightEye said:
stardancer, this is us word for word (except that we're not sexually involved). what i'm wondering is: is the compulsion i feel also felt by the other person? ie is venus obsessing more about pluto or pluto about venus? as you say they can convince you that you don't exist.

it's strange you talk of transformation. in my recent tarot readings the tower and death have been regulars. would that have anything to do with the conjunction?

I always say anyone ignoring another person strongly, is affected by them, but I doubt it's a healthy thing. I think the conjunction can work either way for either people. As for the Tower and Death, yes, that's like Venus and Pluto. And exactly like Uranus and Mars. Maybe the cards are trying to tell you to avoid the other person like the plague?

Sometimes when one person turns about and acts just like the other, the other switches to act like the one. Or, if you are chasing another and suddenly stop and disappear, the other will start wondering where you went and come looking. Pluto makes everything emotionally complex. Reverse psychology is a Pluto thing.

BrightEye

stardancer said:
Maybe the cards are trying to tell you to avoid the other person like the plague?
the cards are the other person's, how they are affected by the r'ship. oh, and the devil is another regular. death (pluto being god of death) is ruled by scorpio came to mind.

does pluto want to be chased?

rainwolf, i know where you're coming from. i feel the same way, but i can't find anyone here to form that deep bond with. i have one friend like that but she lives in another country.

dave, thanks for letting me know. i'll try to be patient.

isthmus nekoi

Another thing to consider is that b/c Pluto moves so slowly, most ppl born around the same time as a person w/a Pluto-Venus aspect will repeat it in synastry. So the individual may already be used to the energy. I would consider this synastry aspect differently if it was present in the natal.

BrightEye

isthmus nekoi said:
Another thing to consider is that b/c Pluto moves so slowly, most ppl born around the same time as a person w/a Pluto-Venus aspect will repeat it in synastry. So the individual may already be used to the energy. I would consider this synastry aspect differently if it was present in the natal.
i'm not sure what you mean. and i don't know whether either of us has has this combination in our natal chart.