venus conjuncting pluto

BrightEye

stupid question

what's synastry?

rainwolf

Synastry is comparing natal charts to see how relationships will fare, in a sentence.

I believe isthmus was saying that people of the same age will have pluto nearby. Venus making a contact in either persons chart will probably also have the same in their synastry chart.

rainwolf

Previously i posted "no stupid questions" but I was meaning to say "[there are] no stupid questions". Sorry if you thought I said it like that, it was not my intention at all.

stardancer

BrightEye said:
does pluto want to be chased?

Trick question. Yes and no. I think Pluto loves it, but that doesn't guarantee they will let you catch them, either.

If both people agree on a relationship, there can a fatal attraction-like feel to it, but sometimes melodrama gets in the way when you discuss Pluto. Like rainwolf said, it can simply mean deep and intense experiences that serve to change you in a positive way.

rainwolf

BrightEye said:
rainwolf, i know where you're coming from. i feel the same way, but i can't find anyone here to form that deep bond with. i have one friend like that but she lives in another country.
Something that deep may take a lot of time to find and then develop. Otherwise, there would not be much special about the depth pluto has to offer and compassion venus gives. Some people spend theyre life searching for the person that does that for them, and dont find it.

BrightEye

rainwolf said:
I believe isthmus was saying that people of the same age will have pluto nearby.
thanks for clarifying things for me. but we are not of the same age. does that have any implications?

stardancer said:
I think Pluto loves it, but that doesn't guarantee they will let you catch them, either
tell me about it!

but as rainwolf says, it probably takes a lifetime to find someone like that. i'll keep at it. nothing else i can do anyway.

rainwolf

Well, how difficult or how easy is it to be in a relationship with someone that is in a different generation?

Pluto is the furthest generational planet (so far) and spends 20.6 years in each sign. The nearest aspect is a semi-sextile (which is hard to interpret) so the next one is probably the semi-square, which is tense. So 45 degrees is a sign and a half which is 30 years.

I would think that a relationship would only be strong from conjunct (0 degrees) to not quite 45 degrees, a little less than 30 years. It could also be strong after the semi-square, but then youre talking about someone 40, 50, 60 years older than you.

The Hanged Man

Sorry to be such a Virgo, but just a bug-bear of mine. Planets don't 'conjunct' each other, they 'conjoin'. ;)

X

rainwolf

I think conjoin is a verb, and conjunct is an adjective, so depending on how we use it they could both be correct technically.

BrightEye

rainwolf said:
Well, how difficult or how easy is it to be in a relationship with someone that is in a different generation?

Pluto is the furthest generational planet (so far) and spends 20.6 years in each sign. The nearest aspect is a semi-sextile (which is hard to interpret) so the next one is probably the semi-square, which is tense. So 45 degrees is a sign and a half which is 30 years.

I would think that a relationship would only be strong from conjunct (0 degrees) to not quite 45 degrees, a little less than 30 years. It could also be strong after the semi-square, but then youre talking about someone 40, 50, 60 years older than you.
i'm not sure i follow, but the age difference is a lot less than 30 years and the two planets conjoin or are conjunct (right?) - ie 0 to almost 0 (not quite sure) - in the r'ship chart.