What Do You Expect to see on the Other Side?...

Malachite

We've had 'are you afraid of death'...so now, the bastard sequel....

Are you afraid of the afterlife?
What do you expect to see?

the Pealy Gates?
THe Halls of Asgard?
The embracing arms of the Goddess?
or simply * * nothing...?

Kiama

I love reading the typos some people have. So far, one of the best has been ArizonaGirl's 'Scared Space', but now we have Malachite's Pealy Gates.....

Anyway... onto your post. When I die, I expect to enter a huge garden/forest thingy, where souls live pretty normal lives, only more spiritual and healing (Getting over previous life) until they choose to reincarnate. I also have this image of a next life applications office, here there is a list of all the thngs you eed to expereince in life in order for your soul to evolve. his list includes things like travel, marriage, motherhood, fatherhood, suicide, murder, accidental death, rich, poor, etc.... And you have to get them over and done with at some point. You basically choose when and where to be reincarnated based on what you've already experienced, and what you need to learn. So, this may not be true, but to me it makes sense. Of course, this view solves the Problem of Evil, cuz the evil thing actually falls on your own shoulders for choosing that life!

I also expect to be closer to the Divine in this Garden Paradise, then, when I finally learn all my soul-lessons, I expect to be totally at one with the Divine.

Kiama

piccolo

I agree pretty much with Kiama. I have this beautiful log home I've built in my mind's eye, where I go for meditation, visualization, talking to my guides, loved one's who've crossed over, healing, visiting my animal friends that have died, lot of things.

Since I agree with an Edgar Cayce statement that 'thoughts are things' I believe I really am creating this space somewhere for myself. I wouldn't be surprised at all if I found myself there after I die, at least to start with. After that I see myself driving off to meet God and the gang in a 1942 Coupe, with Billy Holiday on the radio. Black and Chrome. yeah

the 'evil' thang-Sylvia Brown (another inspirational person I read) says this life is hard enough. There's no need for a hell. I dare say I've resembled that remark more than once in my life.

Piccolo

Diana

A lovely comfortable feather bed with a hot-water bottle in which to rest after the toils and tribulations of my present life :D

A comfy sofa to chat on with my departed mother, father and friends.

And on a more serious note, I expect to see my guides in order to discuss where I stand in my life, incarnations, karma and future lives.

But please, only after I've had a nice long rest!

truthsayer

i'm not sure what to expect but i know in my heart it's a place too wonderous and beautiful for my poor human brain to conceive an image. i know it's permeated w/ unconditional love and my soul sings at the thought.

Liliana

I expect to see the tunnel and white light, sinceit seems pretty well documented. I see it entering into like a big white airport type place, with lines for whatever religion you were (Baptists please stay to the right of the white line, Wiccans to the far left lol) Then you check in at your religions station, then continue on to the afterlife specific to your religion. If you believe in reincarnation you'll have a meeting with the appropriate saint/angel/diety/etc to plan out your next life, like was said, and also toreview the last one to see if you need to repeatany of the lessons (hehe) After you learn all your lessons I believe your mind will be expanded enough to realize no religion is morevalidthan another, and you'llbe free to travel to whatever afterlife you feel like :)

Malachite

Don't dis the pealy gates, ok....?

I'm holding on for the halls of Asgard, lots of alcoholic beverages, and a decent section of eternity in Heimdall's mountains....

although i have now idea how i get there...presumably i have to ride across the fiery bridge on the eight-legged steed at some point, but there you go...

Kiama

Quote:Originally posted by Malachite

although i have now idea how i get there...presumably i have to ride across the fiery bridge on the eight-legged steed at some point, but there you go...

Bad news Malachite: The Norse believed that you can only get there if you die by the sword... Which is why so many sons would kill their dying fathers with a sword on their death bed.

I spoke to my Asatru frind, Hans, about this one, and he said that in this day and age, the sword is a metaphorical one.... Not quite sure where that leaves you!

Kiama

Malachite

Spoilsport.

Anyway, I'm sure it can be arranged when the time comes :)

amyel

I've never thought of it at all. I figure when I go, the spiritworld/supreme being will direct me where I need to be.

Maybe it will be an alternate universe, a la Buffy's dimensions.

Maybe it will be "Heaven" or maybe even "hell" (forced to do large quanties of math, for example, despite the beauty and peacefulness of the surroundings would be hell for me, for example.)

What I'd *like* is to be able to watch over and maybe even guide my loved ones, so they can still feel my presence. Recently, I have started to feel the presence of a friend who died just before XMas. I like the feeling. It's...strengthening, somehow.