what i want to hear.

Pao

I dont know about anyone else but with me I usually do one card readings for myself. so yes I will pull the 6 of swords if I ask about travel, or the 3 of wands if I ask whether to wait of move on etc. so i always worried it was just telling me what i wanted to hear or maybe reflecting what i wanted so bad to happen but was not being accurate. At this point travel does not seem likely with all the insanty so maybe that why i didnt believe in its accuracy. but Suncharriot makes a good point so i will stick to that! and wait to see the fnial outcome, who knows I may indeed travel just not right this second :)

starrystarrynight

Pao said:
At this point travel does not seem likely with all the insanty so maybe that why i didnt believe in its accuracy.
Pao, but what about if you are doing a one-card spread and asking if you should, say, take that trip...and up pops the Six of Swords. How do you know it means "YES! You should take that trip!"? The Six of Swords Rx means "rough times ahead, a trip over water is ill-advised at this time, journey is canceled."

So, if you don't read with reversals (and I'm not sure if you do or not, so this is really more of a generic, scratch-your-head, hypothetical question) do you read its positive or negative meaning?

You know? It could have been "correct" all along...

Pao

I do read with reversals :D though sometimes I dont have to and I do pick up on "the negative" by itself but I guess in that instance I took it to mean "yes take a trip" who knows it could be a one day trip and i am thinking it will be a trip over water. I dont know I just want and need to be sure that the cards dont tell me what I wish was true but rather what is or will be.

WalesWoman

Pao said:
My problem is that I wonder if I "attact" the cards i "want" or would like to get, not me misinterpretting them. for example, "what should i know about taking this trip or not" and I get 6 of swords, or "what should i know about leaving this situation?" and I get the 8 of cups. or "what should i know about us getting back together" and i get the 2 of cups. etc. am I attracting these cards and therefore it is not an accurate reading? or am I getting the right answer. :confused: I try to remain objective so if i see something i dont like i try to deal with it, but I get really confused when I seem to get the cards answering my exact question. what do I make of it??

But those cards did tell you something beyond the obvious... that you NEED to get away from what is stressing you and go to a calmer place... and what baggage are you packing with you?

and 8 Cups could be saying leave your emotional baggage and be prepared for an uphill climb or maybe that because the moon is eclipsed, that it's only temporary cyclical thing... you can't see everything you need to. maybe it's asking you to look at what you are leaving behind... and why you need a cloak of protection?

2 Cups is not always that happy woohoo card... it's two individuals, it's the duality of their personalities and polarities those things that repell as well as attract. Can you see eye to eye or will you forever be on opposite ends of the spectrum?

When you see cards that seem to be mirroring your feelings, step back and try not to think of what you KNOW about the card and let your mind explore the possibilities of what is IN the card.

Pao

WalesWoman said:
When you see cards that seem to be mirroring your feelings, step back and try not to think of what you KNOW about the card and let your mind explore the possibilities of what is IN the card.

thats interesting. ok so i am getting the answer that is guiding me but i just need to step back and see whats really telling me? Actually the 2 of cups and 8 of cups were just examples of how it usually happens to me they were not real readings i did for me but i can see what you mean here. As long as they are not telling me what i wish but what is I am a happy camper! :D thanks for the advice WW!!