Wheel of Fortune?

GoddessArtemis

I think of this card as chance, destiny, change, cycles, karma, luck...and no, these are not LWB definitions, but my own. However, sometimes these meanings don't quite give me the full picture that the card might be painting and that's nonsense because this is a pretty big card! So why is that I often come away from this card in readings with little more than a few words for interpretation?

For instance, I recently asked what is it that a specific person in my life really wants from me and this card came up. Hmmm. What? Even if I were to apply the above keywords, my interpretation didn't give me a colorful enough picture of this person's intent. They want me to give them a chance - for what (I did ask "for what" btw, and got Ace of Wands...which still was a bit of a sketchy response, IMO). Beyond that, I don't get what this card means in the given scenario...and I find that while I get the general, superficial meaning of the card, I can't seem to reach into its depths and explore the hidden, Universal meaning.

What's a better way to look at it?

GA

iulia

For me this card is a symbol for everything the tarot cannot cover in it s answers ...I mean, I do not expect to get an answer every time I ask a question or a clarification. Sometimes things are meant to be confuse and confusing and this card is perfect in communicating that. Apart from that , for me it often means random circumstances or outside forces that the person often finds unpleasant but cannot control.

afrosaxon

GoddessArtemis said:
For instance, I recently asked what is it that a specific person in my life really wants from me and this card came up...They want me to give them a chance - for what (I did ask "for what" btw, and got Ace of Wands...which still was a bit of a sketchy response, IMO).

GA

Is this person of the romantic or non-romantic variety?

If the latter, then...erm...they want a chance to do the horizontal mambo. })

If not, then they'd like a chance to show you some creativity (like, if you are hiring a graphic designer or interior decorator or something). Or they'd like a chance to help you unleash some creativity (like if you're in some sort of creative block, or in a rut--lethargic, don't feel like doing much, stuff like that).

I think of the wheel as "the luck of the draw", like a roulette wheel...the ball stops where the ball stops. It's also a cycle (literally).

There are lots of threads on this in the Table of Contents--The Cards section (I know...I've read every one about the Wheel, as it stumps me too sometimes). :D

Just my $.02.

T.

Jourdain

Beyond fate, fortune, destiny, karma, higher powers, etc, I think the Wheel of Fortune also has a lot to do with movement, especially really fast movement. I always try to imagine Fortuna spinning the wheel and the people falling off before they even know that they're going to.

In relation to the question you asked, about what someone wants from you, I think that the card--especially if clarified with the Ace of Wands--could definitely embody that quality of movement and speed. The Ace would suggest an enthusiastic or passionate issue that the person wants to get hustled along. Maybe a relationship or some sort of career/school goal/priority? Stuff like that?

Hope this helps, Artemis.

starrystarrynight

As usual, I agree with Afrosaxon in that the person may just want to get "lucky" with you! ;)

Beyond that, it could be that the person doesn't necessarily want anything from or of you...just that the two of you are tied in a karmic way, and either they need to realize that or they want you to understand that. No matter where either of you turns, the other is likely to show up somehow in short order.

GoddessArtemis

You're all so funny. :laugh: The horizontal mambo? I'd slap them. LOL. How did sex figure into the Wheel of Fortune? I've never heard that before...

I agree there is a certain level of "speed" involved in the given situation, especially with the Ace of Wands...but also of a "starting over" maybe...of a cycle?

I like the idea of karmic tie, and tend to agree, but I'm not sure that it answers the question what the person "wants" or "intends" towards me, because you can't want or intend karma, you know?

Can we dig deeper with this card? :D I have read a lot of the threads, as suggested, and I still come up a bit short on feeling as if I understand the full extent of this card.

Thanks, everyone. ;)

GA

Grizabella

Well, the Wheel of Fortune is a game of chance---they want you to give them a chance, it seems to me.

MoonLitCrystal

I tend to agree with GoddessArtemis in that the Wheel is about a cycle. Sometimes it will tell me that a period of stagnation or unhappiness in the relationship is about to come to an end, and the person is getting a "fresh start" so to speak. Or in a more negative reading, I'd say that it's simply not the right time to go ahead with this relationship, but to wait a little while because it won't stay this way forever.

I think the key here is that when I see the Wheel, I tend to think that whatever the situation is, it won't last too long. The Wheel is not one of those, "Get used to it because it's here to stay" cards. :)

Inana

I also have problems reading this card. But as suggested by Grizabella, in your question I would read it as the person wants you to gamble, make your bet, take a chance and be open to take risks...
Probably a card to jump into an unexpected project withouth thinking much about what you can lose. A bit like the Fool, maybe.

balenciaga

I agree with a lot of what was already posted, but just want to add that the Wheel appears when an opportunity is about to present itself once again - but you need to jump on - the wheel is going to spin in your favor and you must take advantage of the opportunity. You have to risk it if you want it. The wheel invites your participation. Once it passes, it is gone, and you will have to wait till the next turn.