when friends meet in a dream

vision777

is it possible for two people to meet each other in a dream? i just wanted to know. i have met a lot of strangers in my dreams that have been very helpful and very scary too. how many people had the same dream as another person they knew and you both were able to say yeah i saw you too and you said this and both of you remember everything about the dream ?

Balsamo

No, but my wife and I regularly appear in one another's dreams. It's always interesting to find out what I've been up to.

Milfoil

Though I've never been to a dream workshop, there are many reports of group dreams at such events.

Crowqueen

I once met a famous politician at a party, who I dreamt of quite a bit (and still do since my divination revolves around him).

He came right over to me as soon as he finished his speech and said very emphatically, "I'm sorry, I didn't see you there."

At the time I didn't know about astral travel; although I suspect not all dream people are real or astral projections, there was no other explanation for him appearing to recognise me, who had never met him "in real life" before.

This evening I also had a nap before dinner (just started work again after being unemployed and it is exhausting!) and unbeknownst to my parents astrally travelled into the kitchen to see what they were cooking...It wasn't a straight astral dream, there was a mixture of different imagery, but I could definitely see Mum and Dad in the kitchen and the meal that we subsequently ate being prepared.

FaeryGodmother

When I was a teenager I had a dream about a boy I liked. In the dream he and I were going round to these exotic markets. Every now and then I would see my mum in the dream. The next morning my mum told me the exact same dream but from her point of view. In fact she asked me if I'd been out with this boy. Mind you I never did ask him if he'd had the same dream. :D

So yes, it is possible though I'm not sure how you make it happen. I know that you can make an agreement with a close friend to meet somewhere, then you and your friend go to sleep thinking about that place. I've tried that but it didn't work.

Netzach

It is, I think, an aspect of lucid dreaming. A friend of mine and her sister frequently used to share dreams when they were children.

Yora

Yup you can sense it also when someone really was there too, (It feels different hahaha, LOL) one example: in the past i spoke up to someone about my dream and the other person told me that that was his meditation space and also he told me other information about the dream he dreamed somewhere else with a place that i remembered out of that dream. (A kitchen.)

He mentioned that i was fighting a green light off with three girls in the kitchen with black&white tiles! And i remembered that i was fighting and struggling there, but i didn't remember with what, when he mentioned it i remembered that i saw a green reptillic monster or something. I just couldn't grasp what it was before.

And just recently i dreamed a dream with someone i like lohots! I really didn't mind that dream. ;)
But anyhoo... It's possible, possible, possible! :D

Byee!!

Yora.

Alissa

In dreams when my closest friends come to visit me, they are qualitatively different than a "normal" dream. For a visitation, I can feel their energy signature, and I communicate to them without speaking - these make the dream unique, and signal to me, upon waking, that I had a visitation the night before.

SunChariot

My father appeared in my dream the night I died. I am absolutly convinced that it was really him. We were having a minor fight and we got to talk it out. I think he was not ready to move on until we talked it out.

Babs

Nevada

I once had a conversation with a stranger in a dream, in front of a vending machine. In the dream I had a new job. A year or two later I had a first conversation with a man in front of a vending machine, who later became my boss. (I found a note of the dream, much later, when going back over my dream journals. At the time I had the dream it meant nothing to me, but after the real life events, it stood out clearly.)

I also dreamed, the night after my first date with someone, that a person whose face I couldn't see proposed to me. That first date happened to be with the man I later married, and when he proposed to me in real life, it was Halloween and I couldn't see his face because he was in costume with makeup on. (I also discovered this later in my dream journals--needless to say, I recommend keeping them.)

Nevada