Where can I find Tarot posters?

MeeWah

I take cards to a local copier place to get 8 x 11-inch colour prints on cardstock for a nominal/reasonable fee per copy. The results awesome because details revealed at that size not readily seen in card-size. & the colours remain true to the original. I use them for study purposes & meditative purposes. Store them in plastic page protectors in a 3-ring binder. The cards from the RWS, Ancient Egyptian, Chinese Tarot & Robin Wood produce strikingly beautifully.

They make wonderful wall hangings displayed in groups of 4 in a poster frame. Prints of individual cards representing a grouping of the personal cards make a lovely birthday gift.

Storm82

MeeWah said:
I take cards to a local copier place to get 8 x 11-inch colour prints on cardstock for a nominal/reasonable fee per copy. The results awesome because details revealed at that size not readily seen in card-size. & the colours remain true to the original. I use them for study purposes & meditative purposes. Store them in plastic page protectors in a 3-ring binder. The cards from the RWS, Ancient Egyptian, Chinese Tarot & Robin Wood produce strikingly beautifully.

They make wonderful wall hangings displayed in groups of 4 in a poster frame. Prints of individual cards representing a grouping of the personal cards make a lovely birthday gift.

is this legal?
Im thinking of copyright and such?

Aura Wolf

Storm82 said:
is this legal?
Im thinking of copyright and such?

None of it is illegal unless you're using the prints you've made to make a profit, like claiming the images are your own or selling a deck you printed yourself (or something you made using its images). There's no law against printing images for personal use, as far as I know. I just call that 'appreciation.'

ilweran

Star Spirit said:
There's no law against printing images for personal use, as far as I know. I just call that 'appreciation.'

I think it might be one of those things that are technically illegal but no-one would ever enforce it. For a start it would be a bit impractical to visit everyones house and check :D

I guess it depends on where you are as well.

Myrrha

ilweran said:
I think it might be one of those things that are technically illegal but no-one would ever enforce it. For a start it would be a bit impractical to visit everyones house and check :D

I guess it depends on where you are as well.

If your cards have a copyright symbol on them some copy shops will not duplicate them. They don't know that you are not going to re-sell the image.

Kinko's has self-service color copiers but I don't know if you can put nice paper in them as Mee-Wah suggested.

--Myrrha

Skimo

There is a link on Julia Cuccia-Watts page for Zazzle, with some maat posters... but it doesn't seem to work very well, tant pis...

MeeWah

I use a small mom & pop copier place & not had a problem. & get only one copy of whatever few cards needed at a time. The colour printing not self-service, but handled by the clerk on duty & done in the back room. I have used Kinko's, but only for my business card because knew it to be right place for what I wanted.

JONIKA

I like the idea of scanning each card, enlarging it, and then printing it on a photo paper (and then framing it). I am going to do just that. Tarot cards are like little pieces of artwork, aren't they?

MeeWah

Yes, Tarot cards indeed as small pieces of art. & usually, far more affordable.

& similar in the way postage stamps represent pieces of art, albeit in miniature.