Where to get a corner-rounder?

Le Fanu

Feretian said:
Amazon has a bunch under "scrapbooking" "corner rounder". They are cheap but who knows how well they would work on fine card stock? I think they are made for fairly lightweight paper.

Maybe if you could link it,somebody here might have the identical one and can tell us whether it cuts well or not?

Scarlet27

Great! I think I'm gonna get one from Amazon :)
Thnx a lot guys for your answers, you've been incredibly helpful!

morticia monroe

For anyone in the US, I got one at Wal Mart for $4 and trimmed the Enchanted,,,and that's some serious cardstock,,,lol. It worked great!

shamoness

Scarlet, I have an extra on I will weigh with the HR when I go to the Post Office. You can have it. I do a lot of scrapbooking and the best one I've ever used was made by Creative Memories. The extra one I have is made by Marvy which does make a lot of very good products.

If you find your punch/corner rounder is not cutting as cleanly, fold some aluminum foil and punch through it a few times. This will resharpen the punch. Also works for paper cutters.

WolfSpirit

Le Fanu said:
I also trimmed my Tarot of the Master, but there were so many details right up to the edge of the image that I just gently rounded the corners with scissors, taking off a mere millimetre, just enough for the corner not to "snag". It actually looks better than with a corner rounder as you take less of the card off and it is a more "discreet" finish...

I do that all the time. When I finally got a corner rounder I found it took too much off the cards. I only round the corners when I have already snipped off the borders - so everything else you cut off is the central image of the card itself, and I want to keep that intact as much as possible :)

shamoness

If anyone in the UK is looking for corner rounders I know they are available through www.stampinup.com
I believe theirs are made by EK Success. They work really well.

Le Fanu

Feretian said:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=corner+rounder&x=14&y=14

Try this...it's a list of several models. I'm not sure if it will work, though. My technical skills are laughable.

Glad you did that Feretian, as (like I guessed) I DO have one of the ones illustrated. I bought the 2nd one illustrated, the Aidox. $9 on amazon and I paid 4 pounds in the UK. It works well, but it´s one of the "punch" rather than "slicing blade" type.

There are rounders which do a different "angle" of roundness. The Aidox one illustrated does a very round corner. Well-done, but VERY rounded.

I get the impression though that with time, the blade will blunt. But Ive done 2 decks with it and it works fine. Needs a little bit of sandpapering with a smooth nail file though... I´ll bear in mind the foil tip :)

shamoness

Foil works like a charm! And is so easy. I use it for all my punches and paper cutters. I do quite a bit of paper arts. One can use sand paper but many punches are not made to handle that grade of paper. Try the foil first.

Le Fanu

shamoness said:
Foil works like a charm! And is so easy. I use it for all my punches and paper cutters. I do quite a bit of paper arts. One can use sand paper but many punches are not made to handle that grade of paper. Try the foil first.

I meant sandpapering the edges of the cards after trimming, not sandpapering the blade!

:)