which cards represent death

Grizabella

I need to see several other cards in a spread in order to think literal death and it seldom happens. The other cards are 9 of Swords, 4 of Swords, 3 of Swords, Tower, maybe 5 of Cups, 8 of Cups---to mention a few. They don't all have to be in the spread with the Death card but several do have to be. Three at least. And sometimes the Chariot if it involves a car accident. The 9 of Cups, Chariot and Death can speak of a drunk driving accident.

Cacia

Grizabella thank you so much for the information definitely taking notes for all you guys have share many blessings.

Ace

long winded reply

Years ago, in my psychic fair days, I had a woman sit with me and get the most positive reading I had ever given. She had (she said) all kinds of issues. I said that it would all turn out all right shortly and she should not worry about it at all. She was skeptical but let it ride. Afterward, I got up and went over to another reader and said, "I just saw a woman who was about to die. "

I don't remember the exact cards but it so reminded me a "Night Gallery" episode (Night Gallery was a lighter version of Twilight Zone, still hosted by Rod Sterling but light enough I could watch it.) In one episode, a child had a gift for prophesying and they would ALWAYS come true. He got a talk show because of it and made predictions (of big events) on the air. One day, he got sick just before (Live) show time. They made him go on and finally he said that the next day, everything in everyone's life would change for the better. We would all live in harmony and peace and happiness. It turned out he had see the Sun go Nova the next day and the Earth would be destroyed. This is what I saw for that woman.

I never found out if I was right, but I know it wasn't the Death card.

One time, I worked an annual Renaissance Fair. A friend came up that I saw every year and said, "I am glad you are hear, I wanted to talk to you. My dad died." "I am sorry!", I said. "It is OK," he said, "but afterward my wife and I saw a shaman who said that my dad was walking toward death before he was killed. What do you think." I pulled out my Robin Wood tarot (which I was using at the time.) and pulled the Death card.

I stared at it, thinking, "I can never say it doesn't mean Death again!" But I kept calm and started rubbing it. He had died in a motorcycle accident, hitting a truck coming toward him. "You know," I said "He could have had a stroke, you can't tell major head injuries from a stroke." "Yes," my friend said, looking satisfied, "he had major head injuries."

I didn't say, well, duh, of course he did! But I do think he had a stroke and that is why he ran into the truck. He WAS dead before the truck killed him and that is the only time in over 26 years, the Death Card meant Death.

Sorry to go on so long but what I am saying is no one card (IMHO) means Death. The combination can mean it, if it is there. But with dying people they may not show death, if they are not ready, it may not be there.

OTOH, I can't read dead people, and people ask that without telling me. The cards sit dead in front of me, I can't read them. Maybe others can.
ACE

Cacia

Ace no please if you have more stories feel free to share them I was embellish by the details and the story itself. I am happy to hear this stories an also they go with my question, so thank you many blessings dear.

Yes, sadly in my case the lady who I read for came by 3 days ago and told me that her uncle die 2 days ago, so the cards that I saw were right(death + world), but my thing was that I said to her I see death here but I am not sure about it; this was the reason that stir this question in the first place. It is a sadly event but part of life.

The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Edgar Allan Poe

Sulis

I think it completely depends on the context…

When my grandma died The Wheel of Fortune turned up an awful lot as well as Death, Judgement and the 4 of Wands…

I would be very, very wary of thinking that a particular combination of cards could mean or does mean physical death because each actual death is so different.. Sometimes death is sudden, unexpected, devastating and sometimes it's a wanted and much longed for release from suffering and the cards tend to reflect that..

Edited to add: At the time of my grandma's death I was reading mainly with The Anna K tarot and I took the repeating 4 of Wands to mean a pause before moving on to whatever comes after death and I also took it to mean that there would be loved ones waiting for her to help her move on..
I've attached an image to show you what I mean (for those who aren't familiar with the deck)…
I think it just goes to show that with tarot any card can mean almost anything.

Attachments

• rods04.jpg
    rods04.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 597

Cacia

When my grandma died The Wheel of Fortune turned up an awful lot as well as Death, Judgement and the 4 of Wands…

I would be very, very wary of thinking that a particular combination of cards could mean or does mean physical death because each actual death is so different.. Sometimes death is sudden, unexpected, devastating and sometimes it's a wanted and much longed for release from suffering and the cards tend to reflect that..

Edited to add: At the time of my grandma's death I was reading mainly with The Anna K tarot and I took the repeating 4 of Wands to mean a pause before moving on to whatever comes after death and I also took it to mean that there would be loved ones waiting for her to help her move on..
I've attached an image to show you what I mean (for those who aren't familiar with the deck)…
I think it just goes to show that with tarot any card can mean almost anything.

Sulis

This is interesting never thought the 4 of wands can represent or announce in this case physical death, but make sense the way you describe it. I have the Anna K. deck and makes sense.

Thanks miss sulis

Padma

...I would be very, very wary of thinking that a particular combination of cards could mean or does mean physical death because each actual death is so different.. Sometimes death is sudden, unexpected, devastating and sometimes it's a wanted and much longed for release from suffering and the cards tend to reflect that..

I agree very strongly with this. When the death is a shock, or accident, I tend to get 3 Swords, 9 Swords, Tower, Death. But when it is a blessed relief from suffering, I will get card combos like many Aces, the Sun, The World, Temperance, that kind of thing. I think you need to rely on your gut and your first impression when you see the cards. Sometimes they seem unlikely...

Cacia

I agree very strongly with this. When the death is a shock, or accident, I tend to get 3 Swords, 9 Swords, Tower, Death. But when it is a blessed relief from suffering, I will get card combos like many Aces, the Sun, The World, Temperance, that kind of thing. I think you need to rely on your gut and your first impression when you see the cards. Sometimes they seem unlikely...

Yes, in her specific reading got the death and the world, her uncle die of cancer so I think at the end of was a relief for him passing. I agreed with all the people that have contributed to this thread; I think the idea here is that the message is pass in a combo of cards not just one.

thank you

ivanna

I found this thread today when searching for cards talking about death.

I heard somewhere that the Ace of Swords rx was one of the worst cards, meaning death mainly. I don't know If I can agree because I do not have experience on readings talking about death with ace swords rx.

But I have had a couple of experiences with 3 of swords related to death.

The last one was yesterday, when I knew that the police whas going to enter today on a building with a strange smell. They thought it would be caused by rubish or maybe an animal, but they needed to enter to ensure it wasn't a person.

I drew a card yesterday evening asking what was the reason of the bad smell, and I got the 3 of swords rx, and the worst possibility came to me. I first thought about a person died.

Today morning the firemans entered and they found the corpse of a death person, probably a homeless.

The second one was the 3 swords talking about the cause of death of a person. Hearth attack.

Cacia

Thank you for your post interesting enough yesterday someone ask me if the doctor treatment will go well, and I pulled 3 cards and they were

DEATH + ACE OF SWORDS + THE STAR

In my own interpretation told her that her treatment will improve and with the star at the end there is hope. Death is the end of the current treatment and the beginning of a new one, and with star the hope that things will be better.

Thank you all for your input in this subject