Young Readers

darkmoon84

tarot evil?

i dont understand why people relate the tarot with evil...the devil?? Why is it?? does anybody know??

Kenny

Some very wise words coming from this thread!

darkmoon84 said:
i dont understand why people relate the tarot with evil...the devil?? Why is it?? does anybody know??

They misunderstand it, they feel that if you can tell so much from bits of card then it must be evil. Another problem is that the Church in its long history has always tried to stamp out what it says is wrong and the cards go against some of their teachings.

I'm 24 and only recently started tarot. Does that make me a young starter, an old starter; or just a person who has started tarot?

Skysteel

People do not like to be advised by people (appreciably) younger than themselves.

wheeloffortune

darkmoon84 said:

Well, because it says in the Bible that forms of divination is evil... Which I don't understand because there is also the case of the Urim and Thummim and the casting of lots and the Witch of Endor, who first declined Saul...

"Neither let there be found among you any one that shall expiate his son or daughter, making them to pass through the fire: or that consulteth soothsayers, or observeth dreams and omens, neither let there be any wizard,
Nor charmer, nor any one that consulteth pythonic spirits, or fortune tellers, or that seeketh the truth from the dead.

For the Lord abhorreth all these things..."
Deuteronomy 18:10-12a.

SO it is natural to call them of the Devil, which also why Christians avoid astrology and horoscopes. They see divination as a way to find out the future without dependency on God.

However, when I was a Catholic, I understood that a tool can be used for good and for evil, depending on the user. I use the Tarot to find God's will for me and my subconscious level, and since there is no Devil or evil spirits in the Baha'i Faith, I'm free from that! ;)

Pao

I was once told that it is "evil" because only God is supposed to know the "future" and "devine" but I always say well if God gave me this gift than what do you suppose I do with it?? They never know what to answer of course but still manage to say its evil and I should stop.

btw it was very uplifting to read so many posts by younger readers on this question, its nice to know we have some old souls of that age who can help out other teens. :D makes me happy, i wish i had had a group like this when I was a teen!

Skysteel

darkmoon84 said:

Because some people take things too far.

Alta

To get back to the actual thread topic, young readers, I have had the pleasure of having had readings done for me here (in Circles, etc) and have been impressed with the wisdom given me. I do not think that age had anything to do with it.

I started reading tarot in my early twenties, and in fact had never heard of it before I discovered it then.

'old souls' seems to be a turn for folks who seem wiser than you would expect for the number of years lived, but some people seem to feel more deeply and see more clearly. In other words they take advantage of every moment. And they make excellent readers.

Personally I sort of doubt I was very good in my twenties! though don't really remember. I do think I used my books at lot. :)