Your experiences when you had a professional tarot/psychic reading

PeonyInLove

Hi! Sorry to post more stuff. I really don't have anyone around me who is interested in tarot, astrology, spirituality etc that I can talk to or even guide me and I have found this site to be great, I'm kind of addicted lol.

Last year I had two professional tarot readings from two different ladies. I was at a crossroads and needed guidance. I went to two different ones as naughty me wanted to see if they corresponded with each other's readings, which to my surprise they did. They both were not just using their intuition or the cards but also had some kind of psychic abilities that they were pulling information from, visions I think? The 1st lady picked up on my energy straight away or maybe I picked up on hers, idk but it was eerie. As soon as I sat down I got these overwhelming emotions pulsing through me to the point where I wanted to cry, but not a sad cry. The lady hadn't really even looked at me much but blurted out that she was so overcome with emotion that she wants to burst into tears, she said she was picking up on so much stuff from me she didn't know where to begin. The reading was fabulous, very enlightening. I wanted to know if she could pick up anything on my son who is just a toddler. She tried but said that he is too young. Yet later in the reading she got visions of my son as a teenager and said he is going to be very athletic and right into motorbikes and could see him and a man riding motorbikes on a property and that they had a great bond and both into the same hobbies. I found that strange as I'm the worry wart mum that is always like 'my son will never be riding motorbikes' lol. As I was walking out the door she yelled out to me and told me to always put shoes on my son when he is outside. No further explanation was given so needless to say I've been putting shoes on him all the bloody time worried as hell of what could possibly happen and why she told me that.
The 2nd lady was flighty as hell but I loved her. She kept throwing names at me and when I said I didn't know them she would say 'don't worry, you will. Even if they are just a friends dog or baby etc you will know them'. I found that vague. So I'm curious about other peoples psychic readings and also wanting to know is there like an age limit or something that can block a person from picking up on the youth? Can a psychic get a vision that's like 10 or more years a head like with my son being an athletic teenager? Has anyone else seen a psychic that kept throwing dozens of names at them or is that sketchy?

(I loved both ladies by the way and thought it was well worth the experience regardless of anything else that I was unsure of).

Tanga

Hi! Sorry to post more stuff. I really don't have anyone around me who is interested in tarot, astrology, spirituality etc that I can talk to or even guide me and I have found this site to be great, I'm kind of addicted lol.

...So I'm curious about other peoples psychic readings and also wanting to know is there like an age limit or something that can block a person from picking up on the youth? Can a psychic get a vision that's like 10 or more years a head like with my son being an athletic teenager? Has anyone else seen a psychic that kept throwing dozens of names at them or is that sketchy?

PeonyInLove - we are here to read aaaaall the stuff that you are willing to post. :)

I can answer one and a half - ish of your questions. And it was with palmistry - not Tarot:

Over 15 - maybe more - years ago. I took my mother to an open day at The College of Psychic Studies in London. Just so she could get an idea of where I'd been spending my free time and money. ;-)
We sat in on different lectures and looked an many different things, and in the end, she decided she'd like to try a palmistry reading. So - we both had one.

For me, the palmist looked at my hand and (amoungst other things that I don't remember) said that I had "The Writers Cross" on my palm. Which meant I was a writer and that until I began writing - I would not find my 'monetary earning feet' as it were.
Now - I always thought she meant writing books... and at one point I even tried out a creative writing course. But as far as books are concerned - it seems to me I'll just never really be doing that (who knows? - still plenty of years left in me.).
However interestingly - people always read my emails/letters and say "you write so well - and I laughed so much - you should write a book!!".

Anyhow - in the last few years, every so often - I write short articles (or even poetry) for the in-house magazines of the Therapies that I 'belong' to and also my clubs. And it's only in this time, that I have begun to start feeling more stable and confident about my earnings.
Plus - I've recently decided that I shall soon open an on-line Tarot business.
And it occurred to me, that email Tarot reading - is creative writing in a way.
So - I await results when I get there...

For my mother's palmistry reading - she said the reader threw alot of names/things at her that she didn't know. But also - that she then looked at her (not at palm) and said "you have 6 children", bla bla bla.
Now - we are 4. I have a brother and sister, and a half sister.
My mother argued with her saying - "no I have 4 children" (thinking: I would know how many children I have, after all I birthed them!!! Right?)...
After musing over this most strange statement from the lady, we dismissed her as having been mistaken here.

THEN... a week later, my mother laughed out loud and said "I've just remembered something. When I first married your father, he told me that aside from his previous annulled marriage [hence my half sister] - he had a girlfriend for a brief time.
After he split up from her he heard that she had produced twins.
He tried hard to find her - but she was untraceable".

So - my mother has 6 children. And somewhere out there, I have twin half-sisters - assuming they are still alive.

P.S. The fact that you are a "my son will never be riding motorbikes" mum - means most likely - he will be! Lol. When he leaves home. ;-) :-D
I wouldn't worry about it. After-all, he could turn out to be a 'motorbike riding midwife' for instance (what do you call a man who is a midwife?? - I don't know...) - there's one in Holland where my sister lives. He attends his clients via motorbike.
And over there ofcourse - biking of all sorts is much safer, because they have designated lanes for it.

PeonyInLove

PeonyInLove - we are here to read aaaaall the stuff that you are willing to post. :)

I can answer one and a half - ish of your questions. And it was with palmistry - not Tarot:

Over 15 - maybe more - years ago. I took my mother to an open day at The College of Psychic Studies in London. Just so she could get an idea of where I'd been spending my free time and money. ;-)
We sat in on different lectures and looked an many different things, and in the end, she decided she'd like to try a palmistry reading. So - we both had one.

For me, the palmist looked at my hand and (amoungst other things that I don't remember) said that I had "The Writers Cross" on my palm. Which meant I was a writer and that until I began writing - I would not find my 'monetary earning feet' as it were.
Now - I always thought she meant writing books... and at one point I even tried out a creative writing course. But as far as books are concerned - it seems to me I'll just never really be doing that (who knows? - still plenty of years left in me.).
However interestingly - people always read my emails/letters and say "you write so well - and I laughed so much - you should write a book!!".

Anyhow - in the last few years, every so often - I write short articles (or even poetry) for the in-house magazines of the Therapies that I 'belong' to and also my clubs. And it's only in this time, that I have begun to start feeling more stable and confident about my earnings.
Plus - I've recently decided that I shall soon open an on-line Tarot business.
And it occurred to me, that email Tarot reading - is creative writing in a way.
So - I await results when I get there...

For my mother's palmistry reading - she said the reader threw alot of names/things at her that she didn't know. But also - that she then looked at her (not at palm) and said "you have 6 children", bla bla bla.
Now - we are 4. I have a brother and sister, and a half sister.
My mother argued with her saying - "no I have 4 children" (thinking: I would know how many children I have, after all I birthed them!!! Right?)...
After musing over this most strange statement from the lady, we dismissed her as having been mistaken here.

THEN... a week later, my mother laughed out loud and said "I've just remembered something. When I first married your father, he told me that aside from his previous annulled marriage [hence my half sister] - he had a girlfriend for a brief time.
After he split up from her he heard that she had produced twins.
He tried hard to find her - but she was untraceable".

So - my mother has 6 children. And somewhere out there, I have twin half-sisters - assuming they are still alive.

P.S. The fact that you are a "my son will never be riding motorbikes" mum - means most likely - he will be! Lol. When he leaves home. ;-) :-D
I wouldn't worry about it. After-all, he could turn out to be a 'motorbike riding midwife' for instance (what do you call a man who is a midwife?? - I don't know...) - there's one in Holland where my sister lives. He attends his clients via motorbike.
And over there ofcourse - biking of all sorts is much safer, because they have designated lanes for it.

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. I've always wanted to get my palms read! Very cool how she pointed out your writing talents and how what she said has indeed transpired! And omg about the 6 kids lol it's actually pretty awesome that you have siblings out there, just waiting to be found.... I guess really all that can be done once you receive a reading is kind of put it away, forget about it then come back to it in time and see if anything came true. I too like your mother forgot a lot of things about my life during the reading and wasn't until afterwards I was like 'AH HA! That's what she was on about' lol. Both tarot readers kept asking me if I had miscarried and I was like nooooo, and they were both 'are you sure?'. It wasn't until afterwards I remembered that a few years back I had suspected that I had an early miscarriage but couldn't be sure and just went on with life thinking I'd never know. Then 2 totally unrelated readers kept asking me the same question.

Midwife motorbike man? I have never heard of that term of occupation in my entire life lol

I did have a laugh at the motorbike comment as kids will definitely do the opposite of what they're told haha

Kelc

Hi peonyinlove
I've had a few tarot readings done by professionals some have been way off and I couldn't relate to anything they were saying but to be honest when I first sat to start the reading I didn't feel that connection with them so I suppose my energy could have been closed off to them, yet others I've felt a strong connection with straight away and they have been accurate throughout! So to me a lot of it is your connection to the reader, although I am aware there is a lot of fraudsters out there to.
One of the most best readings I had that stuck out to me most was from a woman who read my Palm aswell! Now everything she said was correct and things come to pass that at the time of the reading (6 years ago) I was adamant they wouldn't!
At the time i had 2 sons she told me they would do well in life and that I would always need to keep the fridge full lol! This is true they are always in the fridge eating something, she told me I'd meet a man with dark hair and we would celebrate something.... At the time I was single and I had split up from my sons dad so I was open to this. Then the thing she kept saying the most to me was the most amazing! She kept saying I see a daughter, you will have a daughter! Now at the time I was single I'd got two kids I had no intentions or thoughts of having anymore children, I thought no I'm done with having kids and I was adamant about that, but she said well I see you will have a daughter, so I went away pleased because things she had said were true, but to be honest the daughter thing I thought YH RIGHT!
So 2 yrs passed from that reading, I met a man with dark hair and we had a daughter last yr she is 8 months old now!! But before I got pregnant with my daughter I was pregnant and miscarried so the second time round it was a big thing ( a celebration) Lol amazing I know,, so For me that was amazing what she said because she was absolutely spot on even though I wouldn't have it lol :)

Metafizzypop

Looks like other people here have had much better experiences than I have.

I've had only one "professional" tarot card reading in my life. It discouraged me from going to other tarot readers, though it did encourage me to buy my own deck of cards. What happened was........

Several years ago, a friend of a friend of mine had a tarot party. The woman hired a professional tarot card reader to give all of us gurls readings. We had to pay for it, though. $40 USD. I was young and green, and knew almost nothing about tarot. But I was curious, so I paid the $40. After all, I thought, this was a tarot card reader. She should have access to all kinds of secret, hidden, mysterious knowledge.

At the time, I was involved in a casual romantic relationship. So I asked the reader if it would turn into something more serious.

She used the Rider-Waite, and a Celtic Cross spread. She looked at the cards a minute, and then asked me, "What's he doing with his hands?"

I had no idea why she would ask this. I found it odd that she saw anything to do with hands in the cards. I explained that he worked with camera equipment. Of course, anyone who works at all would usually be using his hands, I would imagine. "Oh OK," the reader said, and then looked at the cards some more. So I asked her again what were the chances of a serious relationship with my current beau, and her answer was, "Give him time." That was all she said.

So we sat there for a few seconds, and I asked her if that was a yes or a no, or something along those lines, and she just repeated, "Give him time." And that was it. She said it with an air of finality, as though That Was The Reading.

Then she said to me, "Do you have any other questions?"

Huh? She hadn't even answered the first question! I just said No.

At the time, I didn't know how to handle it. Not knowing anything about tarot, I assumed that that was what a tarot card reading actually WAS. Just a few cryptic words, and no more. The Great Oracle Has Spoken. Now Be Off.

Now, years later, I realize that this woman was a total know-nothing and a charlatan. A good tarot card reading, especially one that involves as many cards as the CC spread, should consist of more than three words. And repeating the same three words a second time doesn't count.

Anyway, my relationship fizzled out instead of getting serious. Meantime, I've learned a lot about tarot. I've learned enough to be able to recognize someone who is just plain incompetent.

$40 paid to a person who told me absolutely nothing. How do people get away with this? I guess they get away with it because some people don't know any better, people like me, a long time ago. :mad:

PeonyInLove

Hi peonyinlove
I've had a few tarot readings done by professionals some have been way off and I couldn't relate to anything they were saying but to be honest when I first sat to start the reading I didn't feel that connection with them so I suppose my energy could have been closed off to them, yet others I've felt a strong connection with straight away and they have been accurate throughout! So to me a lot of it is your connection to the reader, although I am aware there is a lot of fraudsters out there to.
One of the most best readings I had that stuck out to me most was from a woman who read my Palm aswell! Now everything she said was correct and things come to pass that at the time of the reading (6 years ago) I was adamant they wouldn't!
At the time i had 2 sons she told me they would do well in life and that I would always need to keep the fridge full lol! This is true they are always in the fridge eating something, she told me I'd meet a man with dark hair and we would celebrate something.... At the time I was single and I had split up from my sons dad so I was open to this. Then the thing she kept saying the most to me was the most amazing! She kept saying I see a daughter, you will have a daughter! Now at the time I was single I'd got two kids I had no intentions or thoughts of having anymore children, I thought no I'm done with having kids and I was adamant about that, but she said well I see you will have a daughter, so I went away pleased because things she had said were true, but to be honest the daughter thing I thought YH RIGHT!
So 2 yrs passed from that reading, I met a man with dark hair and we had a daughter last yr she is 8 months old now!! But before I got pregnant with my daughter I was pregnant and miscarried so the second time round it was a big thing ( a celebration) Lol amazing I know,, so For me that was amazing what she said because she was absolutely spot on even though I wouldn't have it lol :)

Wow it doesn't get much better than that! How amazingly talented some people are, just truly gifted to be able to predict with such accuracy. Yes like you said there are lots of fraudsters out there so sometimes it's hard to know if they're taking advantage of you but sometimes you just know, other times you don't and you just have to wait and see what transpires. I truly think a good psychic/tarot reader are just magnificent in helping when you've hit a dead end. Although nearly 8 years ago was when I seen my 1st psychic who was a tea leaf reader and I only went for her for a bit of fun, entertainment, she got me hooked and sort of kick started the beginning of my spiritual journey. Thank you for your story x

PeonyInLove

Looks like other people here have had much better experiences than I have.

I've had only one "professional" tarot card reading in my life. It discouraged me from going to other tarot readers, though it did encourage me to buy my own deck of cards. What happened was........

Several years ago, a friend of a friend of mine had a tarot party. The woman hired a professional tarot card reader to give all of us gurls readings. We had to pay for it, though. $40 USD. I was young and green, and knew almost nothing about tarot. But I was curious, so I paid the $40. After all, I thought, this was a tarot card reader. She should have access to all kinds of secret, hidden, mysterious knowledge.

At the time, I was involved in a casual romantic relationship. So I asked the reader if it would turn into something more serious.

She used the Rider-Waite, and a Celtic Cross spread. She looked at the cards a minute, and then asked me, "What's he doing with his hands?"

I had no idea why she would ask this. I found it odd that she saw anything to do with hands in the cards. I explained that he worked with camera equipment. Of course, anyone who works at all would usually be using his hands, I would imagine. "Oh OK," the reader said, and then looked at the cards some more. So I asked her again what were the chances of a serious relationship with my current beau, and her answer was, "Give him time." That was all she said.

So we sat there for a few seconds, and I asked her if that was a yes or a no, or something along those lines, and she just repeated, "Give him time." And that was it. She said it with an air of finality, as though That Was The Reading.

Then she said to me, "Do you have any other questions?"

Huh? She hadn't even answered the first question! I just said No.

At the time, I didn't know how to handle it. Not knowing anything about tarot, I assumed that that was what a tarot card reading actually WAS. Just a few cryptic words, and no more. The Great Oracle Has Spoken. Now Be Off.

Now, years later, I realize that this woman was a total know-nothing and a charlatan. A good tarot card reading, especially one that involves as many cards as the CC spread, should consist of more than three words. And repeating the same three words a second time doesn't count.

Anyway, my relationship fizzled out instead of getting serious. Meantime, I've learned a lot about tarot. I've learned enough to be able to recognize someone who is just plain incompetent.

$40 paid to a person who told me absolutely nothing. How do people get away with this? I guess they get away with it because some people don't know any better, people like me, a long time ago. :mad:

Oh wow that lady really was a fraudster! It's kind of despicable the lengths some will go to but I'll try not judge them as I dnt know why they do it. But you would think that she could've put a bit more oomph into the reading lol like if she was going to be a trickster she could've played the part well. After I started learning the cards I was able to start putting spreads together after about 2 wks although they weren't highly informative ones lol but geeze I'm just surprised at that ladies lack of motivation to even lie lol Sorry for your bad experience. I really truly believe that when you get a decent reading that goes for over an hour that it's very enlightening. Thanx heaps for your story x

Essence of Winter

After-all, he could turn out to be a 'motorbike riding midwife' for instance (what do you call a man who is a midwife?? - I don't know...)

Midwife derives from Anglo-Saxon 'mid wife', meaning 'with [the] woman/wife', so the modern term 'midwife' is still correct.

nisaba

Last year I had two professional tarot readings from two different ladies. I was at a crossroads and needed guidance. I went to two different ones as naughty me wanted to see if they corresponded with each other's readings, which to my surprise they did. They both were not just using their intuition or the cards but also had some kind of psychic abilities
<grin> Intuition isn't psychic, being psychic isn't being intuitive?

that they were pulling information from, visions I think?
You'd have to ask them - we couldn't possibly know.

The 1st lady picked up on my energy straight away or maybe I picked up on hers, idk but it was eerie. As soon as I sat down I got these overwhelming emotions pulsing through me to the point where I wanted to cry, but not a sad cry. The lady hadn't really even looked at me much but blurted out that she was so overcome with emotion that she wants to burst into tears,
You haven't had many readings in your life, right?If you are sitting with someone, it's really easy to tell when they are overly emotional, and most people who haven't had many readings are expecting to be emotional during the reading and become emotional, so all she has to do to impress you with her "powers" is say that she can feel your emotions. As a reader myself, I don't really have a lot of respect for readers who haven't learnt how to shield themselves so that they don't become emotional when you are - it's one of the first things you should learn. It's great to know when your clients are emotional - it's bad to feel their emotions yourself. It's even worse to claim you are feeling their emotional to impress them. :(

The reading was fabulous, very enlightening.
Was it full of specific, individual stuff, or human-nature stuff?

I wanted to know if she could pick up anything on my son who is just a toddler. She tried but said that he is too young. Yet later in the reading she got visions of my son as a teenager and said he is going to be very athletic and right into motorbikes and could see him and a man riding motorbikes on a property and that they had a great bond and both into the same hobbies.
Lots and lots and lots and lots of males go through a motorbike period - it's a pretty safe thing to predict. :)

As I was walking out the door she yelled out to me and told me to always put shoes on my son when he is outside. No further explanation was given so needless to say I've been putting shoes on him all the bloody time worried as hell of what could possibly happen and why she told me that.
Given how disrespectful humans are of their environment, putting on shoes whenever you leave the house in urban environments is only safety-first. I'd never dream of leaving the house barefoot. And in rural Australia (I don't know about your country) you occasionally find poisonous snakes, so shoes are a good idea, too. That's just common sense, not a brilliant prediction.

The 2nd lady was flighty as hell but I loved her. She kept throwing names at me and when I said I didn't know them she would say 'don't worry, you will. Even if they are just a friends dog or baby etc you will know them'. I found that vague.
Ah, yes, time-honoured stage-trick of mentioning names or initials until you find one that the client reacts to. <sigh>

(I loved both ladies by the way and thought it was well worth the experience regardless of anything else that I was unsure of).

If you were happy, that's the main thing.

As a reader my criterion is this: Is my reading USEFUL in their life? I don't care whether I impress them at all or not. I'm much more concerned with whether I give them useful information on which they can make practical decisions in their lives.

Snowhunter

I decided to get my first ever psychic reading out of curiosity. Since it was an impulsive decision I had nothing to ask and just said tell me what I need to know. I can't remember most of what she said except that I was going to make a major, life-changing decision within a year. At the time I was still living with my parents, I had a job I enjoyed, and I was going to school. I had a long-distance boyfriend but I didn't see much of a future for us. For the most part I was content and had no plans to change my comfortable lifestyle. Within a year the relationship with my boyfriend became serious and I decided to move across the country to be with him. I was quite sheltered and spoiled with strict parents so letting me go was a complete surprise. I still can't believe I had the courage (or stupidity) to move in with someone I had met online and had only seen in person a few times to a large city with no friends and family nearby. Mad props to that psychic! I'm now happily married to the guy (except when he leaves dirty dishes everywhere, and lets the recycling bin overflow).