Your experiences when you had a professional tarot/psychic reading

Chrystella

Here's the conundrum I have about this whole thread. The idea that life can be predicted, ie that life is set out in stone. I do not believe that we have only one choice, that our life is set out ahead of time. Rather I believe we have free will, which means that our life is determined by what doors we open and close. the problem with going to to psychic, even a "good" one, perhaps esp. a "good" one, is that there is huge possibility of them planting seeds in your consciousness, where subconsciously you begin to search for the seed they planted. So is the person psychic or are they just adept at planting seeds, being authority in your psyche. Perhaps they are adept at using other senses to pick up details about current life. which impresses a person, giving more credence to everything else they say, which may or may not come true, depending on how obedient you are to the suggestion? I will admit that I have had a couple of experience in life that felt like it was predestined, but I still had free will. I could still chose whether or not to open those doors. Had I gone to a psychic who had told me about them, it would have ruined it for me. I learned more from both of these experiences because it came from following my inner truth, not someone's else's voice in my head. The little 4 year old that was so "psychic" was she psychic or carrying past life memories of this type of situation and planted this seed, this image so strongly in her family's psyche that she drew it to her and them.

I think this goes to the heart about what we believe about tarot - how we think it works. For me, the tarot is not about predicting the future. In fact, the worst readings I've had were from people who took a fortune-telling approach. The best were from people who use the tarot and similar devices as tools for deeper personal reflection and in a sort of counselling capacity.

tarotbear

Here's the conundrum I have about this whole thread. The idea that life can be predicted, ie that life is set out in stone. I do not believe that we have only one choice, that our life is set out ahead of time. Rather I believe we have free will, which means that our life is determined by what doors we open and close.

To comment on your 'conundrum' (and stay on theme with this thread):

Tarot had always been polarized into Two Schools of Thought: those that say 'Tarot is only Predictive - it is never Intuitive' and their opponents that say 'Tarot is only Intuitive - it can never be Predictive'. This debate has been ongoing since the first deck was printed. Both views are exclusive of the other and yet possibly somewhere in the middle there may be truth that Tarot can be both - perhaps even at the same time.

If you are going to a professional reader - you are 'buying into' whichever school of thought the Reader uses, intentionally or not. It is up to you to phrase your question correctly so it is intuitive if you are of the Intuitive School or predictive if you are of the Predictive School. To take a stand AGAINST one or the other means you are missing out on the other 50% of the reading.

Just my two cents ...

closerwalking

tarot has too much baggage for me, and this thread is just confirming for me that I do not want to associate myself with professional tarot readers. I lived 15 years in Va Bch. which attracted psychics from all over the place. I had numerous readings, most of them from psychics that approached me offering a reading. testing themselves. I paid to go to 2 psychics, top in the field. One was Carol Ann Liaros, well respected by the police dept. Her guidance was very truthful, but it did not help me. It went in one ear and out the other one, because I had so much internal conflict that was sabotaging me. also even though it was accurate, it did not help me trust myself. which was the underlying issue. The other issue I have with professional tarots is the disregard for ethical considerations. Anytime one sets oneself up as an expert, offerings services, that creates power imbalance in the interaction. and not knowing and not caring to learn about this, and how to handle this is unethical. Above all do no harm. oath I took as a RN, still guides me to this day. It deeply concerns me that there is no ethical body that addresses the use of tarot for professionals. You are messing with people's psyche's folks. esp when you set yourself up as an expert.

closerwalking

If you are going to a professional reader - you are 'buying into' whichever school of thought the Reader uses, intentionally or not. It is up to you to phrase your question correctly so it is intuitive if you are of the Intuitive School or predictive if you are of the Predictive School. To take a stand AGAINST one or the other means you are missing out on the other 50% of the reading.

Just my two cents ...[/QUOTE]

a person going to a professional reader is going for help, and the question they show up with is rarely the real issue. they are buying support. many of them are clueless there are schools of thought. many people are naive about tarot. so it is up to the professional to clear up confusion, explain what they are offering enough so that person can decide whether they want to proceed. majority of people, both professionals and querents don't realize the power of suggestions. and images speak a thousand words. When one sets oneself up as expert, one has obligation to understand this influence and use it wisely, ethically.

Alta

When one sets oneself up as expert, one has obligation to understand this influence and use it wisely, ethically.
Really? An obligation? Set by whom? One might set their own standards but as long as whatever the reader does is legal, nothing else that happens counts as a 'obligation'. To be 'obliged' to do something infers that some body is enforcing that 'obligation'. Might be a 'good idea', or be 'responsible', but an 'obligation', no.

Sulis

Moderator note

We seem to be straying quite some way from the topic of the thread which is for people to share their personal experiences of professional pyschic / tarot readings...
The topic of the thread is not whether predictions work or are ethical.

No posts have been removed but can we please get back to sharing our own personal experiences of the professional readings we've had and leave the judgemental posts aside?

Thank you.

Sulis - moderator

DownUnderNZer

As mentioned before I had one burning question for that Psychic in Canberra and she did give me an answer that returned me back to my country to look for answers to see if what she said was in fact true only I wasn't able to due to certain records being "closed".

10 years fast forward....

I mentioned (in another thread or two) a British Medium friend of mine that located the remains of a little baby boy's skeleton as part of a ritual killing.

Well, before we became friends, she actually approached me one night as a Medium as she had someone on the ""öther side" waiting to talk to me. And this was the ""second time" I was told or given an answer to what I had asked years before only this time I didn't ask any question - it just came through to her to pass on as information. And it was not very different at all to what the one in Canberra told me years before.

This time, however, I went via a different way to find out the truth and I actually got it. It took 21 years or so to find it out, but I did!!!!

And both were right with their information. One was a Psychic and the other a Psychic/Medium.

Both very brilliant readers I must say. :heart:

celticnoodle

Wow Downunder! that is really interesting and amazing!

PeonyInLove

As mentioned before I had one burning question for that Psychic in Canberra and she did give me an answer that returned me back to my country to look for answers to see if what she said was in fact true only I wasn't able to due to certain records being "closed".

10 years fast forward....

I mentioned (in another thread or two) a British Medium friend of mine that located the remains of a little baby boy's skeleton as part of a ritual killing.

Well, before we became friends, she actually approached me one night as a Medium as she had someone on the ""öther side" waiting to talk to me. And this was the ""second time" I was told or given an answer to what I had asked years before only this time I didn't ask any question - it just came through to her to pass on as information. And it was not very different at all to what the one in Canberra told me years before.

This time, however, I went via a different way to find out the truth and I actually got it. It took 21 years or so to find it out, but I did!!!!

And both were right with their information. One was a Psychic and the other a Psychic/Medium.

Both very brilliant readers I must say. :heart:

You've had some truly great experiences!

DownUnderNZer

Another woman I knew when in Japan...did dream time only I can't remember if she was a volunteer or paid. She saw events before they happened usually and reported them to some organization like the where, who to look out for, items and weapons. Eg Bombing in the London station.

She was from Western Australia.

One night via Skype I asked her if she had ever dreamt of Madeline or Daniel Morcombe. (Spelling might be wrong).

She had with both.

With Daniel though she told me that he was definitely not alive...no doubt he was dead. She saw him in a dream and followed him. Deep down she knew where he was taking her. But suddenly instead of seeing the actual spot- she was looking up through water.

She believed he was murdered and that it was
sudden and that he was in a combination of concrete and water.

We had this conversation in 2006 or 2007.

His bones were found in the last few years and not all of them but he was found in different areas including a creek. Even an old sand mine was one place explored as that is where his killer said he put his body.

So in a way she was kind of on to it. Animals had dispersed his remains throughout different locations so he wasn't in just one place.

The killer said the mine then the creek, but the police don't know what is really true.

She saw concrete and water. ...