Your Tarot Book Wish List...

jema

truthsayer said:
has ninalee braden finally gotten a book published? if so where can i get it? i'm a ninalee fan.

yes, i saw it on amazon.co.uk (that is where i keep my wishlist)
i got most of ther older exercises printed out since before but will probably get this book since i bet she has changed them and added lots of stuff.

truthsayer

thank-you jema! i found it at amazon. if it had not been for this thread i wouldn't have known. evidently, it was just released in july. it's one of llewelyn's special topics in tarot. i took her online class around 3 years ago and got feedback directly from her. i'm interested in seeing what she incorporated from those online classes to the book.

jema

truth, i was on her mailing list for these exercises a long time ago. had to quit though since my english just wasn't up for the challange of writing those long and flowing exercises in a language not my own. i continued to do them on my own though and Nina Lee was kind enough to send me her latest when i quit.
of all the tarot-websites i have been to - hers is one of the top ten!

Kyrielle

What is Nina Lee Braden's website? I want to check it out.

-- Kyrielle

velvetwhispers

I was not impressed with the Atavistic Tarot, the deck or book.
I do have both, though. Having read the book, I can honestly say I have never seen a book so filled with such self congratulatory perspective.
JMO.

Cherietta

Tarot for Yourself - Mary K. Greer

I actually have this one. You should see the state of it. I'm embarrassed to take it out in public. It is all written in with marks here and there and the pages are crumpled and sticking together in places. I love books and try to take care of them, but this has been one of my main teachers of Tarot over the past year.

Now I want the companion book to my new Spiral Tarot deck.

Peace,
Cherietta

Lion-O

I still haven't really found the way I want to be heading with regards to tarot. So far its a personal experience for me and I'm slowly reading up on it. What really intruiges me are the several options you have with the deck. I'm especially interested with some of the things "behind" tarot, the reasoning for the numberics on the cards, the history of the way to add up the values and "divide" those, etc. Alas, a long story. So far my wishlist (not all of 'm but the ones I am seriously considering) consists of:

Learning Tarot reversals - Since "Learning the Tarot" had a big impact on me its only natural to be wanting to read more from Joan Bunning.

Learning Tarot spreads - Once again a book from Joan Bunning but one I'd have to read up about a little more before actually deciding. Because I'm not really interested in the spreads themselves but more in the history and reasoning behind them. I have no idea if this book can give me this. However:

Designing your own tarot spreads - Written by Teresa Michelsen and getting a good score on Amazon I'm pretty sure this is bound to dive into the information behind the spreads themselves and will highlight the reasoning behind them.

And finally, another book I'm seriously considering is Numerology; Key to the Tarot by Sandor Konraad. In this book I hope to encounter more about the history and the "logic" (if you can really speak of that) behind the cards.

But all in good time. Right now I'm busy with "Power Tarot" and still need to get into some of the new spreads in there :)

Astraea Aurora

There are dozens of books I`m interested in, but so far those ones I really want (and will get them definately sometimes):

* 21 ways to Read a Tarot Card - Mary K. Greer

* Tarot for Your Self - Mary K. Greer

* Understanding the Tarot Court - Mary K. Greer

There are also some others, written in German - by Hajo Banzhaf, Lilo Schwarz and Heidemarie Pielmeier.

Blessinga, Astraea Aurora