You're Second Favourite Divination Method

What is your SECOND preferred method of divination?

• RUNES

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • OTHER STONES/CASTING

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • NUMEROLOGY

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • PALMISTRY

• GRAPHOLOGY

• CLAIRVOYANCE (incl psychometry, spirit guides, etc)

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • AFFIRMATION CARDS

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • OTHER ORACLE/CARDS/DECK

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • SHAMANISM

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • MEDITATION/GUIDED VISUALISATION/ASTRAL TRAVEL

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • astrology

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters

Dancing Bear

I put palmistry as for many years it was my main way of divining,Tarot have taken over....gazing into the palm will more often than not give me what i am looking for, if the cards do not touch on the subject i am looking for.........

I agree with the Numerology! I am studying Numerology at the moment and it is extremely interesting and the depth it can give you is fantastic..

But all of the choices in the poll! I use runes, Other Oracles, pendulum, Intuition, and also confer with my guides.. depends on the reading and what i need to know.

rota

belly-button-ology! I love it!

let me also speak up for graphology, or graphoanalysis, if you prefer. It's not so much a method of divination, as an evidence-based insight into a person's character. Handwriting analysis can be a very quick way of knowing what sort of person you're dealing with, or of knowing what sort of positive and negative qualities they may have. It's one of my favorite pursuits.

Mi-Shell

My FIRST way of divining = finding out any none "obvious" information I realy need or am supposed to get is reaching out with my left hand --- touching the object -- or person or finding lost objects or whatever.
Then an inner picture and a feeling with colour/ sense comes in....
I however use this only when I really need it, not for trivial stuff, as it is one of my shamanic Powers and lets me find illnesses and other problems hidden away in people in need....
Another way is drum divination --- a specific way my Urianshai people use - very similar to what Sami People do....as another pathway into a light trance as opposed to full Theta extasis.
Using Crystals or a crystal ball for that works too...
( my hubby just added sarcasticly that i might as well use an old potatoe and it would work ) mean guy -that ... but true; stones work like that... and the pattern snowflakes make on a windshield.... Do NOT DRIVE while trying that!!
Tarot and Oracle Cards are - honestly a distant third or even further down pathway. (Sorry)
It is like -- first I see the cards, (or whatever potatoe or rusty nail I grab on to) then they become "translucend" then I can see the querant through them then the immages fade and the querrant - especialy in distance readings is "there" and "open"
What i love about cards is that they are something I can loooooock at when I come "Back" .. and they are still here!!!!! and beautyfull !!!!!and all the myth in them!!!!!

And there are all You People out there that use them too!!!!!
Mi-Shell

6 Haunted Days

My first form of divination since I was a small child was listening to the wind, especially in the trees. To this day, I get a "knowing" what the leaves, tree, the very wind is saying. Hard to explain.

jackdaw*

I've tried a few oracle decks, although I class them with Tarot as I often use the two together in a reading.

Just bought my first set of runes and am learning about them, which is really pretty interesting. So that's what I voted for.

kerri28

CLAIRVOYANCE (incl psychometry, spirit guides, etc)

I receive alot of third eye visions with or without tarot. Actually I'd probably put this first over tarot. : o

SunChariot

That was hard to answer. I guess I would say Oracle cards are my second favourite (after Tarot), then meditation (but the meditations are done on the Tarot/Oracle card images so in a sense that is the same thing). Then Runes.

But I love them all and would never want to give any of them up,

Bar

SunChariot

6 Haunted Days said:
My first form of divination since I was a small child was listening to the wind, especially in the trees. To this day, I get a "knowing" what the leaves, tree, the very wind is saying. Hard to explain.

That's beautiful! I wish I could do that.

Bar

Little Hare

Clairvoyance- at times the tarot can act as a trigger for me in this field

Sophie

I-Ching, the oldest and most sophisticated divination method still practiced. It's actually my favourite BEFORE tarot - as divination. You didn't allow for it in your poll. I-Ching is so popular that I am amazed you didn't include it.

Next I like the Sabian Symbols, which can be drawn randomly for divination. They are a wonderful method!

Nor did you allow for the following: bones and shell divination, spider divination (as practiced in West Africa), and a number of other methods, which are actually far more current than cards throughout the world. You need at least a category for "other (please give details)".

I am a great fan of shamanic journeying, though I don't often use it for divination - although sometimes I will divine things during a journey, without planning to.

I love scrying too, and fire gazing and water gazing - the natural world can give you so many messages!