Things That Bug You

MistressNatasha

I tried a search on this but for some reason the search is letting me do only one word (heard that Solandia was working on it so maybe that's why). I also tried a search with google. I didn't find another thread like it, but if there is and I didn't see it in my attempted searches, can you point me towards it if you can? =] Sorry Mods if it's been done before. I couldn't find anything. =]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love reading the threads on here and putting my own two cents in at times. I noticed quite a few threads where a discussion will be happening and someone says "I hate it when that happens" or "that question bugs me!"

So, why not rant about them all in one thread? =] Just mention anything that bugs you . . . about Tarot. What questions are you sick of hearing? What comments do you get that make you want to pull your hair out? Or maybe your favorite deck has a card that bugs you! Or maybe it's the tiniest detail on a card that just sticks out and annoys you to no end. Anything at all!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<> I'd have to say that it bugs me when people online from other sites find out I read Tarot and fill my inbox or email with messages, asking for one. Or asking me to looking into their future. Even when I say I'll do the reading in a few days, I get about five to ten more messages (from the same person!) asking when they'll get it and such. I get upset because:
1) You aren't paying me to take time out of my schedule to read for you, especially since I had a busy month studying for exams. [I don't read for money, anyway. But it would always be a nice bribe!]
2) You aren't paying attention to the fact I said I'd get around to it.

<> When people say "Oh, so you're a tarot reader, aye? Tell me my future!" *Dies* And it always seems to be when I'm in the middle of something else.

<> When some people don't understand "probable future." Even after I explain it. And then they get mad when they didn't follow the advice card and the outcome wasn't the same. It's like baking; if you don't add the right ingredients, it won't turn out the same!

<> The fact people judge my reading by my age and years-of-experience (which I only have one). Hey, I can do amazing readings. But if you say this to me . . . you might be getting my friends Death, and Eight, Nine, and Ten of Swords! XD Oh, and maybe the Fool to say you're stupid. Haha!

<> How my family is totally against Tarot and my Mom calls them "devil cards." I was down in Florida with the other side of my family (that doesn't know I read) and I bought a few books at Borders. Well, my Mom asked me on the phone if I got any "devil books." I just about had a cow right there; udders, milk, and all!

Okay, I'm good for one post! XD What are yours?

~Natasha

MantraTarot

i'm new to tarot, but i can understand why some of those things might bug you. i used to be one of those people who would say, "oh, you read tarot, then? well prove how good you are!" but when someone actually did prove to me, then i realized there might be something to it! and that's why i'm here now!

Grizabella

A little bit off-topic, but did you mean Robin Wood when, in your profile, you put "Robin Hood" on your wishlist?

The thing that bothers me above all else is the people (including my oldest son) who think I'm going to hell and that I'm in the devil's clutches for using the cards. I don't know if he's told anyone who told it to my mom yet, but I dread the day she finds out! :rolleyes: The Bible thumpin' SWAT team would surely show up at my door! I'm only half kidding.

Lucifers Mum

asking for a repeat

"I didn't like that fortune can you do me a better one"

Morwenna

During readings, what bothers me (I can hardly say "bugs") is that so many people ask for advice, or should I say direction--really, "What do I do?" Madam or sir, what you do is understand what the cards have said and make up your own mind based on that. But it's hard to say that outright, and so often they just don't get it. Or they say "but what about...?" when it's obvious to all concerned that the cards don't want to address that topic at all but have something else to say.

Oddity

It bugs me when some people equal "using Tarot cards" with "being gullible, ignorant and/or stupid".

I'm neither of those, thank you.

M-Tarot-M

In no particular order:

-Personifying Tarot cards as though they were living like a pet cat.

-Repeatedly asking for the answer one wants to see.

-Dumb thread topics: "I'm taking a trip which of my decks would you bring?"

-Paying for a reading and the reader pads it with stock philosophy.

-Emphasis on clever words while overlooking value in content.

MistressNatasha

Oh!

MantraTarot said:
i'm new to tarot, but i can understand why some of those things might bug you. i used to be one of those people who would say, "oh, you read tarot, then? well prove how good you are!" but when someone actually did prove to me, then i realized there might be something to it! and that's why i'm here now!

Oh yeah! I have people that I barely know doing that to me. So I pull three cards that describe them. XD

Grizabella said:
The thing that bothers me above all else is the people (including my oldest son) who think I'm going to hell and that I'm in the devil's clutches for using the cards. I don't know if he's told anyone who told it to my mom yet, but I dread the day she finds out! The Bible thumpin' SWAT team would surely show up at my door! I'm only half kidding.

That describes my family, for sure. Hey, I don't worship Satan, or sacrifice living things. As long as your cards aren't telling you to go die or kill people, things seem just fine.

Lucifers Mum said:
"I didn't like that fortune can you do me a better one"

I think that happened to me a few times. =[

Morwenna said:
During readings, what bothers me (I can hardly say "bugs") is that so many people ask for advice, or should I say direction--really, "What do I do?" Madam or sir, what you do is understand what the cards have said and make up your own mind based on that. But it's hard to say that outright, and so often they just don't get it. Or they say "but what about...?" when it's obvious to all concerned that the cards don't want to address that topic at all but have something else to say.

That's what advice cards are for. XD If they don't understand to take in all that you've said, especially the advice card, then I don't know what to tell ya. =[ *Sighs* Luckily most people I've read for have understood that. But, I'm waiting for the day when they don't.

Oddity said:
It bugs me when some people equal "using Tarot cards" with "being gullible, ignorant and/or stupid".

Oh, some people do think I'm gullible for believing the Tarot in certain situations. =[

MistressNatasha

Gah!

M-Tarot-M said:
In no particular order:

-Personifying Tarot cards as though they were living like a pet cat.

-Repeatedly asking for the answer one wants to see.

-Dumb thread topics: "I'm taking a trip which of my decks would you bring?"

-Paying for a reading and the reader pads it with stock philosophy.

-Emphasis on clever words while overlooking value in content.

Oh, the second one annoys me to most, I'd say. Although, I must admit, I do it in my own readings. But I know that it's not there and I don't want to accept the truth. =\

Aurelious

1) Tarot Cards are the "devil's picture book" as I like to put it. My father doesn't care either way, I'm starting to reveal this to my mother, and my grandmother would call the Bible SWAT team Grizabella mentioned and burn my eyes with annointing oil should she catch wind.

2) "If it's real why don't you find the lottery numbers for tomorrows drawing?" "Hmph, thought so. It aint real after all."

3) "Won't you go to hell for this? Will I go to hell for talking to you?"

4) If I say even one thing incorrect then I don't know what I'm doing, it's fake and I am a dummy and wasted my life.

I guess overall it's the heavy anti-religion sentiments that bother me most. I live in the south, where there is heavy religious activity. I don't think Tarot are religious in and of themselves, it is the artist who paints the cards which give it a religion, if even that. I picked the Gilded Tarot as it doesn't have pentagrams and shows differences with Devil and Death, showing a less religious look of them. Other than the bare-breasted Star it's pretty safe for public viewing.