Things That Bug You

MistressNatasha

Oh!

Aurelious said:
1) Tarot Cards are the "devil's picture book" as I like to put it. My father doesn't care either way, I'm starting to reveal this to my mother, and my grandmother would call the Bible SWAT team Grizabella mentioned and burn my eyes with annointing oil should she catch wind.

2) "If it's real why don't you find the lottery numbers for tomorrows drawing?" "Hmph, thought so. It aint real after all."

3) "Won't you go to hell for this? Will I go to hell for talking to you?"

4) If I say even one thing incorrect then I don't know what I'm doing, it's fake and I am a dummy and wasted my life.

I guess overall it's the heavy anti-religion sentiments that bother me most. I live in the south, where there is heavy religious activity. I don't think Tarot are religious in and of themselves, it is the artist who paints the cards which give it a religion, if even that. I picked the Gilded Tarot as it doesn't have pentagrams and shows differences with Devil and Death, showing a less religious look of them. Other than the bare-breasted Star it's pretty safe for public viewing.

Some of those annoy me, as well. I also use the Gilded. =] Luckily, my friends aren't closed-minded (except for one or two). As a matter of fact, most of the time when I tell them about a reading I did for myself, they ask for one! Great practice! =D

Le Fanu

Funny, I just don´t get smug comments. Admittedly, I choose whom I tell. Yet I find everybody, absolutely everybody, whom I come into contact with and who knows is invariably intrigued.

As for what bugs me. I´ll have a think... There are loads are things...

MistressNatasha

Haha!

Le Fanu said:
Funny, I just don´t get smug comments. Admittedly, I choose whom I tell. Yet I find everybody, absolutely everybody, whom I come into contact with and who knows is invariably intrigued.

As for what bugs me. I´ll have a think... There are loads are things...

You need to write a huge post on it. XD

Astraea Aurora

I think what's really bugging me right now is my lack of interest in proper Tarot studies since my IDS last year with the Bohemian Gothic. I don't know how it came or why but I was feeling exhausted when I finished after 6 months. No deck, no book or course does hold a real fascination for me, even my IDS deck, I'm not focused anymore.

Sorry this is so off the target of what other members have posted here.

Astraea Aurora :(

MistressNatasha

Aww =[

Astraea Aurora said:
I think what's really bugging me right now is my lack of interest in proper Tarot studies since my IDS last year with the Bohemian Gothic. I don't know how it came or why but I was feeling exhausted when I finished after 6 months. No deck, no book or course does hold a real fascination for me, even my IDS deck, I'm not focused anymore.

Maybe you just need to keep switching decks and going with the flow of things. Maybe try just having some fun with your cards. Try laying down some cards and making it into a "story" of sorts. Don't use a book, just look at the pictures and imagine in your mind what could be going on. Or, reading threads and threads of people having fun with Tarot which will just make you itch to read! XD

Cactus

What everyone has said so far is very annoying. I must add that I wish those who think it's the devil's work would just be open minded enough to be informed about it from a source other than their religion.

It really bothers me when people don't question things. But then again, some people in this lifetime are just supposed to be like that...

MistressNatasha

Exactly

Cactus said:
What everyone has said so far is very annoying. I must add that I wish those who think it's the devil's work would just be open minded enough to be informed about it from a source other than their religion.

It really bothers me when people don't question things. But then again, some people in this lifetime are just supposed to be like that...

I don't like the closed-mindedness. If you were to tell me back in 2007 that I would be a Tarot reader and develop clairaudience, I would call you crazy. Because when someone would mention Tarot, or being psychic, I'd think it was cool, but also wonder if they were sane. After educating myself on both topics, I became more interested and that's why I'm here today!

And if it's the devil's work, then he gives some pretty good advice! Hey, the next time someone makes a comment, just say it's your deck of playing cards. They're just cards with pictures, then. And what harm can cards do? XD

Crystelle

- I've run into that one detail thing - you can't get them back on track to finish when it happens in the middle and basically from that point forward, it's a waste of both your time!
- I have actually run into one questioner who asked me if she was really gay???? I mean, uh, okay? What do you want me to say about that? ugh, talk about uncomfortable! which falls under the broad category of "I cannot make your choices for you" - that is most frustrating and has even prompted me to stop reading for clips at a time
- paid gigs that don't actually pay -- of course this is my fault for not being firmer about receiving payment, but still, I mean why do I have to press the issue? Why can't you just pay me as agreed <sigh>
- Tarot card readers at paid gigs (company parties mostly) that stack the deck and then read for me and don't interpret the cards but give me some canned reading -- boo on that!
- Tarot card readers that tell people that are very religious that they have been cursed and then demand payment for curse removal. I had this happen to me personally; it enrages me. If there is really a curse (I believe they exist) a spiritual advisor should be recommended -- one that treats it as a vocation and not a business!
- people that think just because I read tarot cards I am claiming to be psychic and then say insulting things like "well if you read tarot cards, what do I have in my pockets?" <sigh>
- people who know me as an analytical and highly qualified IT PM and ask "you? really? I mean, you believe in that stuff? Wow!" usually I bite back "yeah, me, really. The poster child for logic, organization, and scientific principles - doesn't that tell you something?"
- I actually don't mind the people that believe in something, anything! the ones that believe we die and go into oblivion annoy the heck out of me. For a group of people that are so into being able to believe in nothing, they sure do stick it those of us that believe in something (well in my experience).

Anyway I think I've sufficiently ranted on this thread! ;) LOL!
Crystelle

Promise

When people ask the same question over and over again in hopes of getting the answer they want instead of the truth.

Those who think that just because the cards tell them something they don't want to hear or weren't expecting, I must be a fraud.

When all readers are lumped into the category of money-hungry opportunistic con artists. We aren't all Miss Cleo! Sheesh!

The opinion that there is only one correct way to read the cards and if you deviate from it, you'll never get accurate or insightful readings.

All the superstitious nonsense that surrounds Tarot. You know, that you must receive your first deck as a gift, that you must read on a white or black spread cloth, that your cards must be wrapped in satin. If those things work for you, great, but they aren't necessities and it bugs me when they are treated as such.

People who come to me for readings, seemingly seeking advice or enlightenment, yet never take anything I say seriously. If you aren't going to be open to advice or insight, then why even bother? I don't get it, and it irks me to feel like I've wasted my time.

MistressNatasha

Oh!

I agree with what Crystelle and Promise both said! Luckily, most of my bugging has come from online. I can't wait to branch out into open world and get asked these questions. Haha! But I think what bugs me most of what you two said, is how people expect you to be psychic or a fake. When I start reading professionally (one day, I hope) I want to make sure that my clients know I do not consider myself psychic (unless my clairaudience develops more by then) and I'm not a fake or after their money. But that's still a ways away. =]