Reading Suggestion/Opportunity. Too sensitive?

Little Baron

:(

I remember the readings that many, many of us did here around the terrible murders of the girls in Ipswich not so long ago.

And unfortunately, there is another story, in the news today, that I feel compelled to read about now; that of an abducted child in Portugal. She was taken from the hotel her parents were staying in. Her twin siblings were left. Her parents, at the time, were out having a meal, and returning to check on the children at what they say were regular intervals.

Is this insensitive to want to read about this subject? To ask the where, who etc questions that we did before for some kind of guidance in this anxious time?

Like before, if anyone here is asscociated with the family of this little girl and finds this post offensive, I shall remove it. Even though I am writing it with the best of intentions, I don't mean to make light of what has happened by making it the subject of a tarot reading.

Any idea how to move forward with this? And if appropriate, does anyone want to spare some time to read on the situation and see if any patterns develop?

Your thoughts, appreciated.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leicestershire/6623127.stm

Of course, I pray that she will be found well and safe before I even have a chance to shuffle a deck.
LB

Skysteel

Little Baron said:
I remember the readings that many, many of us did here around the terrible murders of the girls in Ipswich not so long ago.

And unfortunately, there is another story, in the news today, that I feel compelled to read about now; that of an abducted child in Portugal. She was taken from the hotel her parents were staying in. Her twin siblings were left. Her parents, at the time, were out having a meal, and returning to check on the children at what they say were regular intervals.]

Is this insensitive to want to read about this subject? To ask the where, who etc questions that we did before for some kind of guidance in this anxious time?

It does seem to trivialise the ordeal.

Kenny

I too would love to do a reading on this matter.

But mainly I wish for all to end well and soon. Though sadly I know the chances of this happening are slim.

{{{Peace to all those affected}}}

Kenny

Skysteel said:
It does seem to trivialise the ordeal.
How would it?

I see Tarot as a tool of helping those in need, as it is mainly only those who are in need come for a reading. They are in need but sadly whatever we find out would be unable to reach those who need it.

Skysteel

Kenny said:
How would it?

By implying that the situation can be reduced to, and resolved by, a deck of cards.

Kenny

Skysteel said:
By implying that the situation can be reduced to, and resolved by, a deck of cards.
Can't we offer hope by using a deck of cards? It is all most of us can do to help the poor family. Due to whatever reason we are unable to search for the girl or comfort the family in person.

Apocalipstick

What's wrong with doing the reading privately and without sharing it? Guidance can be had privately.

It's posting the reading here, or anywhere public for that matter, that, to me, seems off.

If you already have concerns that it might be insensitive, then maybe heed them?

Sulis

Skysteel said:

I don't think that anyone here is suggesting that.
Like the Ipswich murder readings, I would say that folks want to read about this to maybe gain some insight into what has happened here, not to 'reduce' or 'resolve' the issue.

Skysteel

Kenny said:
Can't we offer hope by using a deck of cards? Can't we offer hope by using a deck of cards? It is all most of us can do to help the poor family.

I think it's got more to do with helping the reader than helping the family.

Little Baron

Ok, ok.

Let's end the conversation here. Was just sending the feelers out to see if it was appropriate or not. Wasn't trying to resolve anything. From where I am sitting, there is nothing else I can do, and looking into the subject was just my way of feeling I was doing 'something'.

It is a sensitive matter. And some have vocalised this. Let's just leave it.

LB