Tarot decks that went out of print while languishing on your wishlist

fall_guy

sharpchick said:
Ewwww, that doesn't sound good. . . and they are local (relatively) to you. So Mythographica is Barrett's website?

That's right.
I'm usually quite patient when waiting for my orders, but when it didn't arrive this morning I was very deflated. I'm not really knocking the site or service - but this deck is almost screaming at me and I have to have it NOW!!!!!

Makamu

It was the Ancestral Path for me. I waited because I wanted to be really sure that I needed a second Tarot deck and when I had finally decided this was it, it was OoP

But I will get the Gilded and the Thoth next and they should give me some work to do :) Still I am sad to hear the Alchemical is unavailable as well, since this was also on my list :)

Maka

sharpchick

fall_guy said:
That's right.
I'm usually quite patient when waiting for my orders, but when it didn't arrive this morning I was very deflated. I'm not really knocking the site or service - but this deck is almost screaming at me and I have to have it NOW!!!!!

The only way I can be patient while waiting for orders is to have several pending at once, usually placed on consecutive days. . . What can I say - patience has never been my strong suit. . .

rachelcat

I was lucky. When I conceived a desire for the Alchemical, it had just gone out of print and I did a general web search and found it new at isisbooks.com. Whew!

Then I recently decided I had to have Tarot of the Master. When I saw it wasn't available on Amazon, I went directly to ebay and grabbed it up. Just in case it's going out of print.

So you see I'm trying not to let ANYTHING languish!!

M.J

Mine isn't going to languish on my wishlist for much longer! Thanks to the generosity of a certain forum member! I'm SO excited!!!! :)

fall_guy

sharpchick said:
The only way I can be patient while waiting for orders is to have several pending at once, usually placed on consecutive days. . . What can I say - patience has never been my strong suit. . .

Got my Ancient Egyptian deck today. Yay! :)
It's well worth the wait (it's the original version, rather than the one which came out in 2004). Came nicely packaged, with the book signed by Clive Barrett. There's no seperate box to keep the deck in, but I'll manage :)
The book looks pretty good too.

sharpchick

That's great to hear. . . can't wait to get mine. . .

agedog1

Chere Collectors rule:

1. You might not be drawn to the deck but it just came out and you BETTER get it.

2. Only 200 copies. Get 2. One to use, One for the collection. If you don't care for the art put them both in your collection

3. If it came out in a limited edition and you didn't get it - It's your fault Sucker

4. No matter where you are in the World, check daily for all Taro Decks available that you don't have. Are there any fair's where you are (no, not in Turkey or in Egypt) with Tarot Readers who may be selling unique Cards.

5. When in doubt buy it anyway, you can check your list when you get home.

6. Refer to Item 1
7. Refer to Item 3, Item 5.

sharpchick

sharpchick said:
That's great to hear. . . can't wait to get mine. . .

Mine came today. . .I'm pretty impressed with that delivery time.

Now to drool over each and every card. . .