Tarot decks that went out of print while languishing on your wishlist

catlin

Just have a look above my avatar and you know what I am languishing for.

HearthCricket

The Victoria Regina went OOP while I was debating whether or not I would like a black and white deck. Luckily I found one on Amazon, brand spanking new at the regular price, so I am content now. How dare they allow decks to go OOP!

Le Fanu

Great thread! Came across it whilst researching the Buckland Romani...

Thought Id bump it. I had the Tarot of Prague on my wishlist and it went out of print but I managed to snatch one of the last ones at alida.

Also bought (not knowing they were slipping imperceptibly OOP), Scarabeo Ancient Tarot of Marseilles, Ancient Tarot of Bologna, Liguria Piedmont.

I see the Ancestral Path is mentioned a lot here. They have one in my local esoteric shop, but I see there are a lot of old trading threads of members trying to trade theirs, so maybe it´s not so sought after, despite having gone OOP...

Would love to hear others´ thoughts on this thread....

SolSionnach

Hi Le Fanu,
I find it interesting how many decks that were listed as OOP in 2006 have already been reprinted!

re: ancestral path - I acquired it last year, but decided that I could easily live without it and recently traded it. I didn't like the art (in spite of loving MAAT).

As far as missing out on decks - I would give my firstborn for a Dussere Dodal!

:bugeyed:

Of course, I don't *have* a firstborn, and never will... but still... :rolleyes:

Le Fanu

sravana said:
re: ancestral path - I acquired it last year, but decided that I could easily live without it and recently traded it. I didn't like the art (in spite of loving MAAT

I know what you mean on this one sravana. It did seem to me to be a bit "culturally busy". New suit, new culture. "O it´s swords, we must be in Egypt."

One of those decks which seems so very far from tarot origins. Too many subsequent superimposed "tie-ins" and tenuous links.

O but the Dodal, now that´s more like it. And still no sign of a reprint there... :(

Promise

The Vieville was one of the first decks that landed on my wishlist, before I knew it was OOP. It didn't even occur to me that decks went out of print at that point! Then when I started looking for it, my wittle heart was crushed.

The Symbolon is one that went OOP while lingering on my wishlist. I had so many chances to get it and I just overlooked it because I thought "it'll be around for a while"....and now I'm kicking myself for it!

Le Fanu

Makes me shudder to think of what is on my wishlist now and might be slipping OOP as we speak! Id have been in the same position as you Promise r.e the Vieville. But I saw it in a shop, checked scans, fell in love with it, bought it online from alida. Then moments later, went back in to check the price, found it wasn´t listed, then a week later discoverred it was OOP. Id got the last one. Scarey thought was that Id spent a month dithering thinking "O they have it at alida, no probs..." I almost missed the boat...

Promise

*SIGH*

Some people have all the luck...