Enochian Tarot (unpublished) by Marcia Hatch?

cardlady22

www.enochiantarot.com/page2.html

All the little birdies may flutter in now . . . . the de-enablers have been all over this!
What do you think about this deck?

These are the cards that I love solely based on their looks:
www.enochiantarot.com/cardDeck3.html
Empress
2 of Wands (redrock ring!)
6 of Cups (tea party- cat & polar bear)
Page/Princess of Swords- this lady is who I want to be when I get my "perfected body" (if there is such a thing)

gregory

This is awful. I love it ! I might even acquire it in the end.....

nisaba

<sorrowfully> My large dead salmon belongs in the de-enabler's thread, but honestly, apart from the gorgeous colours, how could you like this deck? Even I can see how bad the cobbling-job is on patching the collages together, and the models are just simpering annoyances, male and female.

What *really* infuriates me is that it is *such* a RW clone, but claims on the website not to be! <hurl> I don't like liars.

Cat*

Thank you for the thread!

I love so many details of this, I can barely list them all:
- the pigdogsealfrog in Justice
- the stretched eerily green human circle dropping the moon at the earth in the Wheel of Fortune
- the Dali-esque clocks in Death
- Temperance's safety googles
- the way Star looks at her wrist as if she wanted to check the time (but was so surprised to find a bird there, she completely forgot about that jug of water...)
- how the swans completely ignore the Ace of Swords (DruidCraft anyone?)
- the seriously olympic penguins in the Three of Pentacles
- the sheep that doesn't want any of your shiny four cups, thank you very much, Mr. Ancient Robot Hand
- Four of Swords go Pisa Tower
- cat and polar bear have a lovely cup of tea together
- "My pre-historic club will beat all of your fancy modern wands!"
- the dwarf army in the Nine of Wands
- the Knight of the Purple Horse
- the way I can't decide if I'm more scared by the animals, the people, or the landscapes...

And of course the overall absurdity of twisted perspectives, non-relational sizes, and general BAD matching of everything. But I think what I like most is the incredible esoteric symbolism that is hidden in these delightfully absurd and gloriously trashy photocollages.

It's so - yes, exactly, gregorry - AWFUL that I think I have a little crush on it already. It practically BEGS me to tell its many many stories, one deliriousier than the next... :D

nisaba

Cat* said:
Thank you for the thread!

- the Dali-esque clocks in Death

- the way I can't decide if I'm more scared by the animals, the people, or the landscapes...
Yes, I must admit (we're not still in de-enabling here, are we?) that I really, really liked Death, although I would have liked a few Pratchett's-Death-Hourglasses thrown in with the more conventional clocks. And I'm amused by your follow-up comment <grin>.

cardlady22

I have a thing for the underdog, coupled with a seriously belligerent streak. If someone says, "Everyone will want this!" then I won't give it more than a cursory glance. If someone says, "This deck/system has no redeeming value and shouldn't even be considered!" then I am looking at it to find the minutely redeeming feature . . . it's not like bringing home a bad guy, you know!

Queen of Disks

Stupid question

What is so Enochian about it? Looks like another RWS clone to me...

magpie9

God that's awful...the more you look the worse it gets....I may have to get one after all...horrified fascination. Do you think they did it on purpose???

And WHAT is my cat Cupcake doing hanging out with that trashy pyromaniac Page of Wands???? :bugeyed: Did he get a model fee? He certainly didn't bring it home, he probably ate it immediately. You don't get to be that size by eating moderately! If he rolled over on that Page, he could flatten her...actually, that could explain a lot about her appearance...

nisaba

magpie9 said:
And WHAT is my cat Cupcake doing hanging out with that trashy pyromaniac Page of Wands???? :bugeyed: Did he get a model fee? He certainly didn't bring it home, he probably ate it immediately. You don't get to be that size by eating moderately! If he rolled over on that Page, he could flatten her...actually, that could explain a lot about her appearance...
<laughing hysterically>

You want to take that to the de-enabling thread? They'll *love* you in there!

WinterRose

*tears up, throws in the waste-paper bin, and sets fire to it.*

And even that's too good for this deck.....